PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 84

Enforcer:
I'll made a new version optimized, I already found a better way for recovery, still need testing as code for loss management was took from my own EA (still in early phase) and adapted to PipMaker.

Maybe if I manage to implant my features to PipMaker it would be no need to continue on my EA if the hybrid may come better:)

Lol, I'm feeling like dr. Frankenstein

Wow another optimized version....great!!

So far the Loss Management works fine.

Yesterday, during the tight movement of GBP/USD the EA still survived, during US session the loss management made a good movement, but still got some losses....however on the next few trades the losses were covered.

Today the EA made 6 trades till now, 4 profit trades and 2 loss trades, but still got US$ 69.00

Thanks alot Enforcer, look forward to read the advance one

Can you poste your best preset files for this version please ?

Pipmaker_V10_1_LM.mq4

I have a normal account whit 10k... Please help me. I verry like this EA.

Enforcer:
GPB/USD is perform best until now.

Trend is confirmed by DPO which basically compares M30 MA against D1 MA

if(iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,2,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_WEIGHTED,0)>(iOpen(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1,0)+MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD)*Point)) {tradeDirection=1;} // Trade Direction Long if(iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,2,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_WEIGHTED,0)<(iOpen(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1,0)-MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD)*Point)) {tradeDirection=-1;} // Trade Direction Short

Second indicator is CCI.

I've took a closer look and indeed is better to use signal reversed.

Why?

In most cases last one or two orders placed according to trend fail due trend reversal.

On reversed signal will be closed in profit, as well previous orders, trend fluctuation is enough to collect 10 pips.

\ /

\/

x <- On non reversed signal here is placed a sell order

On reversed signal here is placed a buy order.

No matter if signal is reversed or not, if trend changes too fast will be not good.

That's the reason for Loss management.

It took me 2 days to read the whole threat. Now I can follow it without asking too dumb questions. Sorry for my last question. Cuz I was using the original version 9. but I have another question. Now I'm using your v10 LM version but ever since I jumped to v10. It doesn't trade that often like version 9. So I believe another indicator that's been attached in v10 LM. Thanks for the Loss management version (^^;)

Enforcer:
I'll made a new version optimized, I already found a better way for recovery, still need testing as code for loss management was took from my own EA (still in early phase) and adapted to PipMaker.

Maybe if I manage to implant my features to PipMaker it would be no need to continue on my EA if the hybrid may come better:)

Lol, I'm feeling like dr. Frankenstein

I saw your codes for the LM but I wanted to add it to version9-1, how do you do that? simply copy paste the codes? Just trying to test it.

Regards

After "winning trades" there are floating bad trades. So my idea is to recover from the bad trades manually or we could just reverse signal but without any indicators. So as soon as we have recovered from our losses, we could stop trading. Is it the same principle as v10 LM?

Togu:
After "winning trades" there are floating bad trades. So my idea is to recover from the bad trades manually or we could just reverse signal but without any indicators.

You can set EA to close losing orders and stop then recover manually.

If there are no indicators is nothing to reverse, signal come from that indicators so you need at least one.

Togu:
So as soon as we have recovered from our losses, we could stop trading. Is it the same principle as v10 LM?

yes, this is exactly how v10LM is working, unless you disable StopTrading option.

I think will work to v9 , just copy required functions that may miss from v9.

About not many trades, is CCI 's fault, set it to 60 or disable it.

This another problem, indicators used, don't seem too good for this type of EA.

PipMaker_v12

Here is new version called PipMaker_v12. that include LossManagement and ReverseSignal options.

Changes:

-Added iTrend indicatorthat seem to work better than DPO and CCI.

Thus DPO and CCI are left in place.

- Now signal is reversed by default.

- Added auto calculate recovery lot size according to loss amount and RecoveryTakeProfit value.

It calculate lot size for USD based pairs, so RecoveryLotMultiplier is default=1.

If use EA on different pairs adjust this value up or down.

- Added more options for TakeProfit.

TakeProfitMode = 2

will take profit as it was until now, when sum of all trades reach ProfitTarget all orders are closed.

TakeProfitMode = 3

will manage buys and sell separately.

If BuyProfit reach ProfitTarget will be closed buy orders.

If SellProfit reach ProfitTarget will be closed sell orders.

TakeProfitMode = 1

Will combine both modes 2 and 3 so it will take profit which situation will occur first.

It seem is best method so I left it by default.

Default values was used for testing on GPBUSD.

You have to find your own values that work best for you according to your broker, account balance, traded pair, lot size used, etc.

Major risk of this EA: to fail to take profit on a recovery order.

Files:

Thanks Enforcer for your new addition!!! Hope to test it soon, and help to improve more with new options. Will report soon.

Also, could you please explain your statement ---->>> Major risk of this EA: to fail to take profit on a recovery order. - Can this be rectified?

Enforcer:
Here is new version called PipMaker_v12. that include LossManagement and ReverseSignal options.

Changes:

-Added iTrend indicatorthat seem to work better than DPO and CCI.

Thus DPO and CCI are left in place.

- Now signal is reversed by default.

- Added auto calculate recovery lot size according to loss amount and RecoveryTakeProfit value.

It calculate lot size for USD based pairs, so RecoveryLotMultiplier is default=1.

If use EA on different pairs adjust this value up or down.

- Added more options for TakeProfit.

TakeProfitMode = 2

will take profit as it was until now, when sum of all trades reach ProfitTarget all orders are closed.

TakeProfitMode = 3

will manage buys and sell separately.

If BuyProfit reach ProfitTarget will be closed buy orders.

If SellProfit reach ProfitTarget will be closed sell orders.

TakeProfitMode = 1

Will combine both modes 2 and 3 so it will take profit which situation will occur first.

It seem is best method so I left it by default.

Default values was used for testing on GPBUSD.

You have to find your own values that work best for you according to your broker, account balance, traded pair, lot size used, etc.

Major risk of this EA: to fail to take profit on a recovery order.

sivach:
Thanks Enforcer for your new addition!!! Hope to test it soon, and help to improve more with new options. Will report soon. Also, could you please explain your statement ---->>> Major risk of this EA: to fail to take profit on a recovery order. - Can this be rectified?

Is simple, if a recovery order won't go 4-5 pips in right direction it may end up in stop loss. Since a recovery order usually have ~0.2 lot size for a max loss of $10 will lose ~ $400 if end up in stop loss.

I tried various methods to prevent this but I didn't found one yet.

Thanks,

Enforcer:
Is simple, if a recovery order won't go 4-5 pips in right direction it may end up in stop loss. Since a recovery order usually have ~0.2 lot size for a max loss of $10 will lose ~ $400 if end up in stop loss. I tried various methods to prevent this but I didn't found one yet.
Reason: