PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 37

30 floating open position

Hi guys, is there any specific setting to limit the maximum floating open position? since I have experienced up to 30 floating open position please?

I found also that there is no effect with this parameter:

int MaxMarginPercentage = 40;

What will happen if I change it to 20? Because during forward testing, I couldn't see any differences.

erdenmensch:
Ive took over the attitudes of your 15Min.setfile. In the script are two lines, I cant find in your settings:

//extern bool Multiplier = true;

//extern bool OpenOnTick = false;

The

extern int Multiplier

ive changed in 0

The

extern int OpenOnTick

ive changed in 1

Do I have to also change the "//extern booI-lines" in the same values like the "extern int"?

I'm attaching my actual statement. Great in the past, but not too good this days. Floating DD is too much for me to handle.

------------------------------------------

Question: I thought that "TrendPeriods=1200" was suposed to be for M1 TF, so, if you change the TF, the values are:

M1 = 1200

M5 = 240

M15 = 80

M30 = 40

H1 = 20

Am I correct?

-------------------------------------------

I also want to do some modifications in the EA to improve it's performance:

1. Close all open positions (all pairs) when Equity is = X% up or down the original balance.

Example: Initial balance = $3.000

Closed trades = $500

Opened positions = -$200

Equity = $3.300

If we had already set the % = 10%, then the EA should close all open trades and the balance & Equity will be $3.300 and we have a fresh start. In this case, the initial balance for the next round should be $3.300.

The same case if the Equity is 10% down the initial balance. I prefer to asume the loss and start again.

2. Initial lot order 0.01 (actual lot size is 0.02)

3. Ad an arrow to each trade for us to see when the trade starts.

CeroOnda

now I have the same question...please don forex answer...please? (I am using 1200 for H1...big difference)

ES

Question: I thought that "TrendPeriods=1200" was suposed to be for M1 TF, so, if you change the TF, the values are:

M1 = 1200

M5 = 240

M15 = 80

M30 = 40

H1 = 20

CeroOnda:
I'm attaching my actual statement. Great in the past, but not too good this days. Floating DD is too much for me to handle.

------------------------------------------

M1 = 1200

M5 = 240

M15 = 80

M30 = 40

H1 = 20

Am I correct?

-------------------------------------------

I also want to do some modifications in the EA to improve it's performance:

1. Close all open positions (all pairs) when Equity is = X% up or down the original balance.

Example: Initial balance = $3.000

Closed trades = $500

Opened positions = -$200

Equity = $3.300

If we had already set the % = 10%, then the EA should close all open trades and the balance & Equity will be $3.300 and we have a fresh start. In this case, the initial balance for the next round should be $3.300.

The same case if the Equity is 10% down the initial balance. I prefer to asume the loss and start again.

2. Initial lot order 0.01 (actual lot size is 0.02)

3. Ad an arrow to each trade for us to see when the trade starts.

CeroOnda

Wow that's a great idea about the modification..

Will wait for the modified Pipmaker EA

About opening 0.02 lot, I tought just happening to me..:D sure have to fix this setting

I will do my forward testing using your setting on TF15 on USD/JPY

Try anything!

You guys are missing the point!! Those values are a starting reference only! Play with it and see what you can come up with!! I don't have a magical formula. I don't know the RIGHT numbers to use, I simply backtest and forward test until I find something that looks promising. I don't have the time to test every little thing, remember, I am a truck driver??? I am counting on you guys to help me as much as I am helping you. Take the initiative to figure out something on your own.

All of our efforts, together, will make this EA great.

Don

MaxMarginPercentage variable

jhp2025:
Hi guys, is there any specific setting to limit the maximum floating open position? since I have experienced up to 30 floating open position please?

I found also that there is no effect with this parameter:

int MaxMarginPercentage = 40;

What will happen if I change it to 20? Because during forward testing, I couldn't see any differences.

This variable is used to limit the amount of margin that is used. If it is 40, then 40% of the account balance is used for margin. 20 = 20%, 100 = 100%. This is then split 50/50 for buys and sells. Once the margin is used up for either buys or sells, then it isn't supposed to set any more of that kind of order.

Don

is the default trendtimeframe= 1.... 1 minute or 1 hour?...60 would be one hour right?

Hola CeroOnda,

it is able attach your setting.

Thanks

changeea:
Hola CeroOnda,

it is able attach your setting.

Thanks

Here you are.

EUR/USD

GBP/USD

USD/JPY

CeroOnda

Files:

ElectricSavant:
is the default trendtimeframe= 1.... 1 minute or 1 hour?...60 would be one hour right?

I wouldn't get too hung up on any of this as Don said in #367.

I'm using the Neo Enhanced version on 4H Euro with NO lot incrementing and a profit target of 1.

I am not using either trend detection method.

I am not using it at all as recommended in the code.

So far it has been doing very well indeed.

If it continues to do well I'll post results soon.

Reason: