Discussion - page 85

Yes, I installed the other Metatrader with Alpha RSI settings. I just installed new Metatrader, place all the indicators in right place, placed Alpha EA in /experts folder, open Metatrader, open MetaEditor and change the settings in Alpha EA to RSI settings to be default. And in this case the settings will not be lost as RSI settings is default one in MetaTrader.

Files:
alpharsi0805.jpg  201 kb

S..z EA and Alpha EA are very different.

But Alpha9 EA was coded by project1972 as 'our forex-tsd forum reply to the S..z' (and after that I deleted all S.z commercial threads - so thanks to project1972). Alpha9 EA and S.z EA are MTF EAs trading on 19 charts and using similar indicators. But Alpha9 EA is less risky and more safe of course. But those EAs are MTF EAs anyway.

Alpha RSI settings is on this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178132/page30

I only changed lot size from 0.4 to 0.02.

Because people who created this settings (2 members on Alpha EA thread) used this settings to trade just 1 or 2 pairs only with 10,000 initial deposit.

In this case 0.4 lot size will work and AccountEquityPercentProtection = 90% is just for 1 or 2 pairs only (all the orders will be closed in loss if equity is less than balance for 10%).

But in my case( I am testing it for 19 pairs) I must use 0.02 lot size or even 0.01. Besides AccountEquityPercentProtection = 90% will be affected on all 19 pairs in my case.

I mean: if you are trading 1 or 2 pairs so you may use 0.1 or even 0.4 lot size for 10,000 deposit.

If you use 19 pairs - 0.01 or 0.02 lor size only. And it is more risky as during the market reversal some 10 or 12 pairs may move opposite to open orders and I can get 10% account loss AccountEquityPercentProtection = 90%) more often than in case of 1 or 2 pairs only testing.

Because this settings

AccountEquityPercentProtection = 90%

is for all account with all the pairs (irrespectve of how many pairs).

Well. Will see. First week with RSI settings will give us some information about how many pairs to use with this settings:

- 19 pairs with 0.02 lot size;

or

- 1 or 2 pairs only with 0.4 lot size.

Alo alo,

I am testing alpha in fxpro with 5 digit quotes. Shall i add any zero somewere in the settings(EVERY INSTANCE PIPS ARE MENTIONED)?

Thank you

B

I don't know sorry ...

Try to backtest with fxpro's Metatrader and if it is backtesting (openning the orders) so everything is fine and you do not need to do anything.

Alo,

Something very annoying is the update each time i start mt4. Can i remove this?

Thank you

B

Blazer1965:
Alo,

Something very annoying is the update each time i start mt4. Can i remove this?

Thank you

B

MetaTrader is asking for update?

So, just update.

I update and then it reasks to be updated each time,

Now it is ok update and restart no prob.

Thank you

B

Alo alo,

When I minimize alpari metatrader in xp I see in the bottom of the screen : 194935:metatrader or 194948:metatrader etc.

Is there a way to see in the tab a customize label ?Eg :

Alpari5-labtrend

Alpari9-Alpha

etc.

Can I customize this anywere in metatrader ?

Cheers

B

It is the number of the account.

No, sorry.

It is impossible I think.

You must remember which one for which one (which account number for which Alpha version).

As to me so I am always doing like this:

during the installation the MetaTrader is asking me about which folder to install to. So, I am selecting similar with

MetaTrader-Alpari UK_1.

Then I install the second copy of Metatrader (in the folder MetaTrader-Alpari UK_2). And finally I have the following:

And after that I am writing on the writing-book (i am always writing on the writing-book - just a habit):

- Alpari Meta #1: Alpha equity 1%

- Alpari Meta #2: Frank_mod

and so on.

And when I restart PC so I always know "which one for which one".

Files:
Reason: