Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 88

mladen:
TEAMTRADER

It does not repaint.

Here are comparisons to the regular (on slope coloring) :

And to signal line cross coloring :

As you can see, when you compare the on chart version with the regular version, all the colors are the same and colors are exactly the same as in the regular version of stochastic

When you are using the "on slope" coloring, as I already explained, it is not what you see on the chart that determines the slope of the stochastic, but the slope of the real (non altered to fit to chart) value of the stochastic, and in that case you can have cases when on chart the slope goes in a different direction than the direction of the real stochastic.

Criteria for the slope is always the real stochastic - on cart value is just an approximation

Thanks for that - I'm confident I will never be a coder but as I see it, your indicator has hidden qualities.

I will be testing a template live next week to see how scalping a range bar (offline chart) can be aided by this indicator along with the others I have on the template.

TEAMTRADER

PS

I have adapted the strategy for offline charts but it still would be helpful if the stochs lines/colours could be retained within the band - is this something that is possible in the future?

Files:
1_2.png  102 kb

TEAMTRADER:
Thanks for that - I'm confident I will never be a coder but as I see it, your indicator has hidden qualities.

I will be testing a template live next week to see how scalping a range bar (offline chart) can be aided by this indicator along with the others I have on the template.

TEAMTRADER

PS

I have adapted the strategy for offline charts but it still would be helpful if the stochs lines/colours could be retained within the band - is this something that is possible in the future?

TEAMTRADER

If you want to retain the stochastic within the bands, simply set the overbought to 100 and oversold to 0

Hi MLaden,

set those parameters and the stochs lines never moved and still go beyond the bands.

Any other reasons why please?

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Hi MLaden,

set those parameters and the stochs lines never moved and still go beyond the bands.

Any other reasons why please?

TEAMTRADER

I have no such problem

Here are my settings for that same indicator :

Files:
stochastic.gif  90 kb

Yours is for a M15 chart whereas mine is for offline renkorange.

Mine are the same settings and work for normal TF charts.

TEAMTRADER

mladen:
I have no such problem Here are my settings for that same indicator :

TEAMTRADER:
Yours is for a M15 chart whereas mine is for offline renkorange.

Mine are the same settings and work for normal TF charts.

TEAMTRADER

Sorry

Renko differs from implementation to implementation. All I can guarantee is that what I write works correctly on standard data. Non-standard data is something completely different, and frankly, I do not check it or use it, since in 90% of cases I would need to change the renko, range, or whatever the call it ... and that is not something I want to do

So, as long as the code works correctly on standard data, I consider it OK. Adjustments to non-standard data should be a concern of the authors of non-standard data creators

Stoch crossing pivot

Stoch crossing pivot stoch_crossing_pivot.mq4

This on chart stochs 3 is turning out to be a great indicator.

Can an alert/signal box be added to show when the stochastics line re-enters the stochastics channel please?

The attached screengrab is where the alerts/signals would show.

Thanks.

TEAMTRADER

DSS (double smoothed stochastic) of awesome oscillator (multi time frame version with arrows) : dss_of_ao__arrows_amp_mtf.mq4

Stochastic arrow ob os level FROM 0-100

Hello all,

I am looking for a sotchastic arrow indicator showing arrow when OB or OS are crossed BUT only when the %K comes from 0 or 100 level. If theese levels weren't reached, it doesn't show the alerte nor arrow.

Does such indicator even exist ?

Thank you.

Reason: