Indicators/EAs for news and trading signals - page 9

Generic indicator that graphs data into line chart

Hi folks, I just want to ask if you know of any free and generic Metatrader indicator or script that would let me chart/graph anything? (wherein it gets its data source from a .csv file that I can manually update).

I am thinking of putting some economic data into my charts so that I could study price movements against these economic data. I am happy to manually update this .csv data myself which I could place anywhere inside my Metatrader program folder.

Thanks very much for any help.

scottiepip:
Hi folks, I just want to ask if you know of any free and generic Metatrader indicator or script that would let me chart/graph anything? (wherein it gets its data source from a .csv file that I can manually update).

I am thinking of putting some economic data into my charts so that I could study price movements against these economic data. I am happy to manually update this .csv data myself which I could place anywhere inside my Metatrader program folder.

Thanks very much for any help.

Hello,

I moved your post to this thread thinking if you want to add economic data into your charts to comprare with price behaviour you could use the News EA.

Look at this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177102 (you can use my forex calndar, or create yours, make it public or commercial, use it as indicator to the chart or trade it as an EA).

Linuxser:
Hello, I moved your post to this thread thinking if you want to add economic data into your charts to comprare with price behaviour you could use the News EA.

Thanks Linuxuser and newdigital for that, but I am thinking of having previous and recent economic data (e.g. CPI) in line chart so that I could visually see the price movements against those economic data. I am happy to update manually the .csv file that contains CPI data.

I hope I was able to explain myself clearly.

Thanks very much guys!

News indicator can plot recent and past economic data on the chart in the way of lines with/without text separated/filtered by pairs/rating (impact) and so on.

It can be past data as well.

And file is uploading automatically in text format in Metatrader's directory.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177102

newdigital:
News indicator can plot recent and past economic data on the chart in the way of lines with/without text separated/filtered by pairs/rating (impact) and so on.

It can be past data as well.

And file is uploading automatically in text format in Metatrader's directory.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177102

hi newdigital, i was able to make the ForexTSD_Calendar_v1.5.mq4 to work and have seen of my metatrader's /files folder the ForexTSD_2008-04-20.csv and have seen that there's now "news: previous, upcoming, next" in my chart.

how do i show the data in line chart? thnx

scottiepip:
hi newdigital, i was able to make the ForexTSD_Calendar_v1.5.mq4 to work and have seen of my metatrader's /files folder the ForexTSD_2008-04-20.csv and have seen that there's now "news: previous, upcoming, next" in my chart. how do i show the data in line chart? thnx

As I know it is drawing horizontal lines so you can backtest the news events. Besides it is the text on the chart as name of the news. Without value (without data on the chart).

newdigital:
As I know it is drawing horizontal lines so you can backtest the news events. Besides it is the text on the chart as name of the news. Without value (without data on the chart).

hi newdigital pls have a look at a sample screenshot. i don't know if i am missing something. sorry.

Files:

Just the settings of the indicators.

Look at the images.

Files:
settings1.jpg  182 kb
settings2.jpg  23 kb
settings3.jpg  15 kb
settings4.jpg  16 kb
settings5.jpg  35 kb

hi newdigital, thanks very much for your help. i was able to make it to work. i think that is brilliant! pls see pic1.gif

but can i have an economic data such as CPI be charted/graphed and be made like the one in pic2.gif? (by the way, i only made up that CPI chart). but that is what i am wanting to also have.

thanks very much again newdigital for all your support.

Files:
pic1.gif  36 kb
pic2.gif  23 kb
Reason: