How to input own data into MT4 and plot them as a line?

Dear All,

Could anybody tell me if it is possible to input own data manually twice a day into MT4 and display them as a line either in the main window, or beneath it? I would like to do it for several currency pairs. The data has nothing in common with the exchange rate of any currency. Will be input at 07.00 and 12.30 GMT.

Where should I store such data? What kind of code could read these data and display it as a line?

Best,

Mario

Of course it's possible.
  1. Indicator reads the file, plots the line. Its type determines main or sub window.
  2. You define the data. Either the symbol is in the records of one file, or separate files one per symbol.
  3. In the folder where the indicator reads from.
    terminal_data_folder\MQL4\FILES\ (in the terminal menu select to view "File" - "Open the data directory");
              File Functions - MQL4 Reference

Mario2002:

Dear All,

Could anybody tell me if it is possible to input own data manually twice a day into MT4 and display them as a line either in the main window, or beneath it? I would like to do it for several currency pairs. The data has nothing in common with the exchange rate of any currency. Will be input at 07.00 and 12.30 GMT.

Where should I store such data? What kind of code could read these data and display it as a line?

Best,

Mario

Would it be a text line or a graphical line?

1. A text line: you can use Comment() or an object label
  2. A graphical line: you can use an object Vertical, Horizontal or Trend line

First you should write your own data into a (csv) file (in FILES directory) and then you can use a script, indicator or EA to read the data and plot on the chart. It is not much difficult but if you aren't able to code you should find somebody who can do it for you.

Reason: