New EA based on the !xMeter - page 4

Correlations

FerruFx:
That's mean we enter short EURUSD only if the corelated pairs CHF GBP are below a predefined level. Right? Right

We could use it like an optional filter. Very good idea

It's possible but we will have to look at the correlations which change sometimes...yes,they change,usually between high and very high levels..though it is true that sometimes one of the 3 goes in an opposite direction (chf as of late),that is why it would be a good idea to make this an optional filter as you suggested

Thanks Simba to be here and share your experience...Thanks to you for sharing

FerruFx

Hi FerruFx

Please note my comments above..thanks

Regards

Thanks SIMBA, i think i can do this for end of this week.

FerruFx

In order to implement the optional filter (correlated currency), i need your experience about these correlations.

Below are the pairs traded. Which correlated currencies are the more accurate with these pairs:

(In others words, if EUR is at the HighLevel for go long EURUSD, which correlated currencies must be high to?)

1. Long EURUSD:

2. Long GBPUSD:

3. Long AUDUSD:

4. Long USDJPY:

5. Long USDCHF:

6. Long USDCAD:

7. Long EURJPY:

8. Long EURGBP:

9. Long EURCHF:

10 Long EURAUD:

11. Long GBPJPY:

12. Long GBPCHF:

Thanks for your help.

FerruFx

FerruFx:
I am testing 10/10

I am testing EURUSD high:7.0 low 2.3 and 15/15~~~

And I trying GBP/JPY max spread 10, high 7.0 low 2.0 and 25/25~~~

With FXDD s start with $500, will post the result next week

salohang:
And I trying GBP/JPY max spread 10, high 7.0 low 2.0 and 25/25~~~

The EA will not trade on GBPJPY. This version is ONLY for EURUSD. Look at its name: !xMeter_EURvsUSD

Later this week, i will post others versions for others pairs.

FerruFx

I put the standard lot EA on the EURUSD 1HR chart and left the defaults as is, it has not initiated any trades. The SMILEY FACE is there....

Correlation - Try mataf.net

FerruFx:
In order to implement the optional filter (correlated currency), i need your experience about these correlations.

Below are the pairs traded. Which correlated currencies are the more accurate with these pairs:

(In others words, if EUR is at the HighLevel for go long EURUSD, which correlated currencies must be high to?)

1. Long EURUSD:

2. Long GBPUSD:

3. Long AUDUSD:

4. Long USDJPY:

5. Long USDCHF:

6. Long USDCAD:

7. Long EURJPY:

8. Long EURGBP:

9. Long EURCHF:

10 Long EURAUD:

11. Long GBPJPY:

12. Long GBPCHF:

Thanks for your help.

FerruFx

Try this link;

http://www.mataf.net/en/analysis-correlation_PairVsMarket.htm

Thanks KaMpeR for the link.

I don't have experience with correlation. I try something below and wait for your comments:

1. Long EURUSD: EUR at HighLevel and GBP high

2. Long GBPUSD: GBP at HighLevel and EUR high

3. Long AUDUSD:

4. Long USDJPY: USD at HighLevel and CHF high

5. Long USDCHF: USD at HighLevel and JPY high

6. Long USDCAD:

7. Long EURJPY: EUR at HighLevel and CHF high

8. Long EURGBP: EUR at HighLevel and USD, CHF, JPY high

9. Long EURCHF: EUR at HighLevel and JPY high

10 Long EURAUD:

11. Long GBPJPY: GBP at HighLevel and CHF high

12. Long GBPCHF:

Am i on the right way? Please correct and/or complete me.

Thanks.

FerruFx

et_phonehome_2:
I put the standard lot EA on the EURUSD 1HR chart and left the defaults as is, it has not initiated any trades. The SMILEY FACE is there....

Is the "AccountIsIBFXmini" parameter is false?

The trade is initialized only when the 2 values "high" AND "low" are reach.

Hope it helps.

FerruFx

I have back tested the version which Michel (post 16) created. I have made the following observations:

Over a period of one year, the EA/ Indicator was never ever wrong. The signal was premature in many cases, yes, and is definately not a lagging indicator. Because of these excellant qualities, it would be worth your while to put your stoploss as far away as possible.

The signal could be used for exiting the trade as well. Again, it's not lagging, so one has ample time on your side to exit. This is one of those indicators that allows you to "let your profits run".

Thank you, FerruFx, this is one hell of an indicator. In the 6 years that I have been trading, I haven't seen the likes of it. Congratulations! And success with the development of the EA.

Reason: