New EA based on the !xMeter - page 3

billbss:
Which charts have to be open for this EUR/USD version to work? Thanks

The version !xMeter_EURvsUSD is an EA which trades only EURUSD.

The Original !xMeter is only an "indicator" (EA but work like an indicator: no trade) and can be put on all pairs.

FerruFx

mart-hart:
I like the new one better than the large multi one.

Would it be possible just to have a duel one on each chart and use the ea for alerts and not to trade ?

Thanks for all the indicators you are doing, it's all good stuff

Mart

The !xMeter isn't my indicator. It's the Rlinac one!

I opened this thread for present to you my EA based on this indicator.

FerruFx

Only one trade since yesterday (a loss).

Good, coz volatility was low.

fxnewbie:
Only one trade since yesterday (a loss). Good, coz volatility was low.

The challenge is to find the best settings for low and/or high volatility.

I will post later some others pairs to trade.

WARNING: I find the problem i talk about in my 1st post. The displayed results aren't the same on demo and real account because of some pairs don't exists on demo.

ie: for the calculation of the EUR's strength, we need the EURAUD. My IBFX demo doesn't have this pairs. No problem on live account.

FerruFx

FerruFx:
The challenge is to find the best settings for low and/or high volatility.

I will post later some others pairs to trade.

WARNING: I find the problem i talk about in my 1st post. The displayed results aren't the same on demo and real account because of some pairs don't exists on demo.

ie: for the calculation of the EUR's strength, we need the EURAUD. My IBFX demo doesn't have this pairs. No problem on live account.

FerruFx

Ferrufx,

If the challenge is to find best settings to deal with different market conditions, I think that you need to guide all the testers to try different settings. One setting for each tester in order not to test the same settings, coz we dont have the benefit of backtest. I can test 2 pairs according the settings you assign me, according to a record you keep. Testers will share their results so everyone can benefit of it.

SIMBA:
FerruFx,

Good idea,and since you asked for suggestions,I would like to suggest the following..;)

As you propose,the EA opens a long/short when one currency is at max level and the other is at min level,for example long EURUSD if EUR is at max,Usd is at min level..and that is ok..

My suggestion would be to add the option of correlated pairs..

ie:EUR is at min USD is at max level,then,before entering the short EURUSD position,the Ea checks that correlated pairs to EUR..namely CHF,GBP are near minimum levels/below midlevel..some if you are planning a long in GBPJPY..GBP max,Jpy min..and EUR,CHF should be near max levels/above midlevel

Regards

I hope these sites will help

http://fxtrade.oanda.com/currencyCorrelations/heatmap.html

http://www.understandmarket.com/index.php?categoryid=55

http://www.forex-arena.com/EurUsd.html

There were a good post by newdigital( with better links) about correlations but I can't find it

And this correlation indicator from Igorad may be interesting

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173001/page3

fxnewbie:
Ferrufx, If the challenge is to find best settings to deal with different market conditions, I think that you need to guide all the testers to try different settings. One setting for each tester in order not to test the same settings, coz we dont have the benefit of backtest. I can test 2 pairs according the settings you assign me, according to a record you keep. Testers will share their results so everyone can benefit of it.

Yes I agree with you but according with my warning in my last post, the tests can be only on LIVE account. I can give some settings to test but some of them could be wrong and looser.

My thought is to set TP==SL and higher number for high volatility pairs. Right now, we have only EURUSD. Settings 10/10, 15/15, 20/20 would be to test.

FerruFx

Thanks MiniMe for your links.

I'll try next week-end to implement a optional filter for some currency corelated.

FerruFx

FerruFx:
Yes I agree with you but according with my warning in my last post, the tests can be only on LIVE account. I can give some settings to test but some of them could be wrong and looser.

My thought is to set TP==SL and higher number for high volatility pairs. Right now, we have only EURUSD. Settings 10/10, 15/15, 20/20 would be to test.

FerruFx

That's what I mean. I am testing 20/20 now and maybe other testers doing the same. If you asign 20/20 to one and 15/15 to other, best result (and worst) will be posted, so everybody will benefit.

fxnewbie:
I am testing 20/20

I am testing 10/10

Reason: