Step Ma EA - page 11

jayjonbeach:
p.s - the one other thing I want to have as an option for this, is instead of ONLY waiting for a candle to close before an order is closed and another sent, is to also have the option of NOT waiting if price has moved ____ number or pips since the last candle, where ___ is selectable. The reason this is needed, is to not get in late on big moves like during news etc and end up chasing price, or exiting late in such cases. Anyway this is wishlist and not as important as other two options.

I forgot to mention something important about this option above, just in case you are thinking of coding it.

There should be 2 different ways a trade can be entered, where the second one is optional and the user has the option to have only one buy condition (the current one), or the choice to use both. (Not sure if this is possible, making a buy condition an extern bool choice, if not I guess we need to have 2 seperate EA's)

The first buy condition (and exit condition) is the exact same as what is in code now, no change needed.

------

The 2nd one, is as I described in the "p.s." above, however I left out an important detail. In the code, you see the double:

double Buy1_1 = iCustom(NULL, 0, "StepMA_v7", 21, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, True, 0, 0, Current + 1);

double Buy1_2 = iCustom(NULL, 0, "StepMA_v7", 21, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, True, 0, 0, Current + 2);This means a trade is not entered until the Step angle has changed, comparing the priorcandle to the one 2 prior(so the current candle is not considered).

What I would like to see as an option, is these changed to 0 and +1, so the current candle is compared to the one prior. Yes, this means the condition once happens, can revert since the current candle repaints. This is why, you apply the ____pips since last candle rule ALSO, which when set properly, will avoid false signals and accomplish the goal of not entering or exiting trades late.

So to summarize and clarify, the robot opens a buy order as normal OR under the condition that the Step angle has changed on the current candle AND price has moved ____ pips since last candle where ___ is selectable.

Hopefully that all makes sense. And again, this is just wishlist, will just be very happy to have Stops including BE option working and time filters!

newdigital:
Hi fabulono,

It is too early to say about which EA is more profitable here on this thread.

Because ... if we say about Step_MA_Expert EA so this EA is not trading often - we need more time to trade.

As to StepMa_3D Ea so this EA is profitable for some pairs but it may be good to improve it.

let's wait for MrTools to check new EA (coded by jayjonbeach) - EA may be promising.

the stepma_3d ea opens only buy trades, not one even one sell trade did it open on my plateform

Was curious what is going on so took a very fast (just a few orders on a 1 minute chart) back test regardless of settings and data quality. Here are the results :

As it is seen it opened short as well as long positions. You should check your settings (are short positions opening enabled at all in your "positions" settings)

drunkpips:
the stepma_3d ea opens only buy trades, not one even one sell trade did it open on my plateform
Files:
step_ma_3d.png  76 kb

jayjonbeach:
I forgot to mention something important about this option above, just in case you are thinking of coding it.

There should be 2 different ways a trade can be entered, where the second one is optional and the user has the option to have only one buy condition (the current one), or the choice to use both. (Not sure if this is possible, making a buy condition an extern bool choice, if not I guess we need to have 2 seperate EA's)

The first buy condition (and exit condition) is the exact same as what is in code now, no change needed.

------

The 2nd one, is as I described in the "p.s." above, however I left out an important detail. In the code, you see the double:

double Buy1_1 = iCustom(NULL, 0, "StepMA_v7", 21, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, True, 0, 0, Current + 1);

double Buy1_2 = iCustom(NULL, 0, "StepMA_v7", 21, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, True, 0, 0, Current + 2);This means a trade is not entered until the Step angle has changed, comparing the priorcandle to the one 2 prior(so the current candle is not considered).

What I would like to see as an option, is these changed to 0 and +1, so the current candle is compared to the one prior. Yes, this means the condition once happens, can revert since the current candle repaints. This is why, you apply the ____pips since last candle rule ALSO, which when set properly, will avoid false signals and accomplish the goal of not entering or exiting trades late.

So to summarize and clarify, the robot opens a buy order as normal OR under the condition that the Step angle has changed on the current candle AND price has moved ____ pips since last candle where ___ is selectable.

Hopefully that all makes sense. And again, this is just wishlist, will just be very happy to have Stops including BE option working and time filters!

Hi Jayjonbeach,

What i have got working so far is the stops and time filter, the break even not yet working,the Ea its interesting to say the least,anyway this is a quick back test of what i got so far, and when the market opens if it is working correctly will post it.

Files:

thanks mladen

mrtools:
Hi Jayjonbeach, What i have got working so far is the stops and time filter, the break even not yet working,the Ea its interesting to say the least,anyway this is a quick back test of what i got so far, and when the market opens if it is working correctly will post it.

Awesome! Liking that curve, much better than the backtest curves I had, and the forward testing results as well. (I was actually surprised as I expected the bare bones EA was going to be profitable without tweaks or filters, and looking closer I seen that delayed exits and entries was hurting the performance, as well as having no BE option or any SL in place)

Of course I will want to know which settings you used, SL, TP, any time filter etc!

I think the BE is critical for the success of the StepMA EA in particular, versus many other EA's just because of the logic. The signal is quite reliable, but many times price just doesn't go that far, before reversing. In these cases getting out with BE versus a loss (most losses are small, but sometimes they are a little bigger and overall they all add up at any rate) is going to improve the equity curve a big way.

This is step ma 7 expert, it opens and closes on change of color of step ma v7. Added a break even and step ma trailing stop, the break even is working in back testing but not so sure about the trailing stop yet, so for now considering this Ea a work in progress.Did as much back testing as was possible on my puter, but its very unreliable as usual.But what I have found is the Kv setting seems to be the key, and not so much the step ma length. Anyway please test this and let us know what you think it needs so we can develop it further. The StepMA_v7 needs to be in expert/indicators file, and would recommend to use this indicator version because did some very minor tweaks to this one.

Files:

Step_MA_Expert EA with default settings except MM - MM set to false to trade by fix lot size.

Profitable pairs for now:

EURUSD:

AUDUSD:

===============

- StepMa_3D Ea_v1 is on this post.

- StepMa_3D EA is on this post.

- the settings of StepMa_3D EA for M15 timeframe is here.

- Step_MA_Expert EA with settings - use this post.

- Step_MA_v7_expert EA is on this post.

Step_MA_Expert EA with default settings except MM - MM set to false to trade by fix lot size.

Open trades for now:

===============

StepMa_3D_Ea_v2 from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general is profitable for some pairs.

It is 2 trades for AUDUSD: buy trade was closed with small profit and sell trade was opened after that - see image:

===============

Files:
Reason: