Profit Generator EA - page 71

Tradestation

sadaloma:
Anybody knows someone who could code this EA into tradestation?

I have asked nicholishen but he said that tradestation easylanguage is not his forte.

Sada

I said very early that backtesting of MT4 is not realiable, it has to be on tick data.

Sada how tradstation is different from MT4? does it test on tick data?

Guys,

this EA is good but there is one thing missing...which is

" Signal Method.....Tick Data or Complete Bar".......can we put this function in this Ea and then try forward test...

Thanks

Babar

i mean something like this....

int BarCount;

int Current;

bool TickCheck = False;

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| expert initialization function |

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

int init() {

BarCount = Bars;

if (EachTickMode) Current = 0; else Current = 1;

return(0);

Hope this helps...

Babar

Multiple Trades

Nicholishen:
Here is the latest verison. It prevents contradicting trades on the 3 majors. Thanks for contributing nova.

Hi Nich, I am testing recent setting of Novafx, I noticed there are 3 trades at the same time, even I kept everyting default except SL=30, TP=40, use50mafilter=True and MAPIPs=-20 for v3.3.1

975165 2006.04.20 13:51 sell 1.00 gbpusd 1.7815 ..........Pro-Gen_3_200060[sl]

975166 2006.04.20 13:51 sell 1.00 gbpusd 1.7815 ..........Pro-Gen_3_200060[sl]

975167 2006.04.20 13:51 sell 1.00 gbpusd 1.7813 ...........Pro-Gen_3_200060[sl]

Am I missing something? thanks

I am trying to run one of the expert system that I found here. The problem is that it is not placing an order during the trade time. I tried to print a comment or just open a trade without any condition, and nothing happend. I did check the option "Allow live trading" and still nothing happened. Any help?

Thanks

laserjet:
I said very early that backtesting of MT4 is not realiable, it has to be on tick data. Sada how tradstation is different from MT4? does it test on tick data?

Yes it backtest on tickdata.

I tried HOLYGUY's USD/CAD scalper and it got brutalized! Sure, you may get six +4 pip wins in a row.... followed by 5 -21 pip losers!

I know we are trying to think outside of the box, but if we trade like this live we'll literally be living inside a box!

Nich, you still around? Has anyone had any luck with his scalper?

Billy

You said "one of the expert system" so I don't know if you are trying Profit Generator. What you might try is to try several of the EA's in this forum and if NONE of them work then it is probably a problem on your side and not the EA. Also some of the EA's on this forum do not necessarily place a trade each day. Hope that helps.

elihayun:
I am trying to run one of the expert system that I found here. The problem is that it is not placing an order during the trade time. I tried to print a comment or just open a trade without any condition, and nothing happend. I did check the option "Allow live trading" and still nothing happened. Any help? Thanks

goldensight:
You said "one of the expert system" so I don't know if you are trying Profit Generator. What you might try is to try several of the EA's in this forum and if NONE of them work then it is probably a problem on your side and not the EA. Also some of the EA's on this forum do not necessarily place a trade each day. Hope that helps.

It is not working at any expert system. What I did to try it, is to take the condition out of the expert and produce a buy/sell order. also I insert "Print" command just to see if it is starting to work. No success.

I don't know why my MT4 is not working. Sure it is not because of the expert system itself

I remember a few weeks ago when I first started putting on EA's that I did not have the "Expert Advisors" button clicked on at the top of the tool bar, so make sure that is clicked on and you have a "happy" face at the right hand upper corner of your charts. Maybe you have already tried that.

elihayun:
It is not working at any expert system. What I did to try it, is to take the condition out of the expert and produce a buy/sell order. also I insert "Print" command just to see if it is starting to work. No success. I don't know why my MT4 is not working. Sure it is not because of the expert system itself
Reason: