V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 12

I guess this thread was being opened while I was making a post to the original thread, so I'll make another one here.

---------------------------------------

I am attaching my forward testing statement of the close all trades every 5% gain idea. The account has gain 12% in 4 days!

Now, my understanding of the idea is that ALL open trades will be closed every time there's a 5% gain in equity, but I don't think the EA is closing all the trades, only some.

gbolla, or anyone else, can you confirm? I have attached the EA I'm using.

Update: gbolla has changed the code. He says all orders will close correctly now. I haven't tested yet, but here is the updated version.

Wow, this thread sure has gotten alot bigger over the weekend

fxgrm:
hhsmoney;

Is this a mini account? I don't see the "m" after pairs symbols like I do in my account.

Thanks

fxgrm, I'm not very familiar with IBFX since I normally use FXDD. The only reason I used IBFX this time is because I couldn't get the EA to open any orders on FXDD. But if you look at my statement, it seems to me that it is a mini/micro account since the EA is able to open lots smaller than 0.1

ryanklefas:
I had no idea there were already a bunch of versions of the EA already floating around. A much better version of the EA can be found here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176083

ryan, do not use the "5%" EA I posted there. The EA doesn't close all open orders properly.

drgoodvibe, you and I had discussed this previously. gbolla has confirmed that the "5%" EA that both you and I were using was in fact not closing all orders properly. He has updated his EA with the correct fix. I haven't tested it yet, but may be a good idea for you to switch to the corrected version.

Hi!

finally i looked through the code of ea. it's simple martingale only. no one condition to enter a trade i found. if only there is no open position, ea opens a trade. so, we need to backest any of eas in this thread usin M1 data. M5, M30 and bigger periods won't be valid.

Silem:
Hi! finally i looked through the code of ea. it's simple martingale only. no one condition to enter a trade i found. if only there is no open position, ea opens a trade. so, we need to backest any of eas in this thread usin M1 data. M5, M30 and bigger periods won't be valid.

Hi Silem,

This is not a "simple martingale only", rather, it is a "hedged martingale" which of course is a huge difference. With a simple martingale only you have no protection with a runaway market. With a hedged martingale you take profit every so often (27 pips in this case) so that you are much farther away from a margin call, and your account balance rises as you await the turnaround in the market.

This difference is important. I have traded several "simple martingale only" strategies, such as 10points3 EA, and they make me very nervous as there is no hedging, no protection available.

A 200 pip move with no retracement in those "simple martingale only" strategies can ruin an account. With this EA, we have taken profit 7.5 times during that same 200 pip move. Obviously this lets us sustain much more of a move as we await the market to turn in our favor for a few pips.

I hope this clarification is clear. It makes all the difference for me.

mikejody:
Hi Silem,

This is not a "simple martingale only", rather, it is a "hedged martingale" which of course is a huge difference. With a simple martingale only you have no protection with a runaway market. With a hedged martingale you take profit every so often (27 pips in this case) so that you are much farther away from a margin call, and your account balance rises as you await the turnaround in the market.

This difference is important. I have traded several "simple martingale only" strategies, such as 10points3 EA, and they make me very nervous as there is no hedging, no protection available.

A 200 pip move with no retracement in those "simple martingale only" strategies can ruin an account. With this EA, we have taken profit 7.5 times during that same 200 pip move. Obviously this lets us sustain much more of a move as we await the market to turn in our favor for a few pips.

I'd have to agree Mike, that's what sets this EA apart from the rest.

hhsmoney:
drgoodvibe, you and I had discussed this previously. gbolla has confirmed that the "5%" EA that both you and I were using was in fact not closing all orders properly. He has updated his EA with the correct fix. I haven't tested it yet, but may be a good idea for you to switch to the corrected version.

thanks hhsmoney, I have gotten this version and will forward test starting this evening. Oddly though it doesn't backtest as well as the incorrect 5% version. I will run both concurrently and see what happens.

Ok, the more I read the more I find myself getting confused with all the different versions floating around. So I wrote this up to help me clarify, hope it'll help a newbie, and please let me know if I have stated something wrong.

This is what I have gathered:

1) v1 and v2 are the same, one goes long and one goes short. You'll have to attach them to different charts of the same pair in order to hedge.

2) v1+v2 combines v1 and v2 together, but now you only have to attach to one chart.

3) v1+v2mini is the mini account version of v1+v2

4) v1+v2mini5% is the closing all open positions at every 5% gain of v1+v2mini

If this is correct, I'll gather up all the different versions and mikejody can append to the first post.

drgoodvibe:
thanks hhsmoney, I have gotten this version and will forward test starting this evening. Oddly though it doesn't backtest as well as the incorrect 5% version. I will run both concurrently and see what happens.

drgoodvibe, isn't that typical, fix one thing in an EA, and something else breaks! lol

mikejody:
Hi Silem,

Hi, mikejody!

Thanks for your replay.

But i didn't understand, what do you mean - hedged... i don't think if there is a 200 pip down move, another "hand" (sell in this case) will save your account... Let's count (27 pips):

buy "hand" (floating loss):

0,01 x 200 = 200

0,02 x 173 = 346

0,04 x 146 = 584

0,08 x 119 = 952

0,16 x 92 = 1472

0,32 x 65 = 2080

0,64 x 38 = 2432

1,28 x 11 = 1408

so, in 200 pips down move we have - 9474 pips in loss

sell "hand":

200/27 = 7,4

27x7x0,01 = +189 pips fixed on account

+11 floating profit.

what do you think, will +200 pips save an acoount from crash, if it's a -9474 pips in loss? i don't think so.

We discussed this theme at an alpari forum and have come to conclusion: it is necessary to have or a precise signal to enter a trade and to double a position if the price has gone against us, or to use the big step - more than 100 pips, to cover greater movs without retracement.

hhsmoney:

This is what I have gathered:

1) v1 and v2 are the same, one goes long and one goes short. You'll have to attach them to different charts of the same pair in order to hedge.

That's what I recommend. I have seen them in action for several months. I'm not sure about the other versions. These are the original versions. They are on the first post of this thread.

Reason: