BlackBird ea - page 7

Cuda,

Could you please make your code available...The logic has already been disclosed and any coder can code this without copying you...so do not worry...

The reason I want you to make your code available is so David...or Ron or another giving coder here in tsd can donate some time to fixing it to be more stable.

If my computer reboots or if I shut down the platform...I want this EA to pick up where it left off, when I reboot or turn MT4 back on...

ES

Your honesty is refreshing. I'm tempted to share, but old habits die hard.

ElectricSavant:
Folks...

I may be doing everything correctly. I may know how to analyze and evaluate.

My work here is just for your enjoyment...but would you really trade this? would your really endure up 50% DD?...say you had 5K or 10K in this...that is a lot of money for a piker like me, to float...

I want to disclose to you...That since I started Forex 3 or 4 years ago, I have lost more money than I have made.

But I am sick. I am a Gambler. And I want to thank cuda for this EA. It is Fun!

ES

That requires storing all of the variable states to text files as they change, and then loading them in the "init()" method. Time consuming, challenging, and labor intensive.

ElectricSavant:

If my computer reboots or if I shut down the platform...I want this EA to pick up where it left off, when I reboot or turn MT4 back on...

ES

I could beg?

ES

robp:
Your honesty is refreshing. I'm tempted to share, but old habits die hard.

ElectricSavant:
I could beg? ES

No he doesn't mean RELEASE as F.O.C. Rob is a fund manager too. Would be appreciate if you guys put the commercial issue back in the PM bin in order to keep the thread clean.

Regards

David

p/s: By the way though, according to my observation, this EA doesn't really do much as it has a pipstep of 6pips or 7pips. Means if EA open buy, did not success it dropped 7pips, it open sell with double lot size; just incase the 2nd trade doesn't bring profit, market shoot up 7pips, the EA will reopen buy again with double lot size. Overall, there is this situation that can kill this EA which is having range bound of 9pips(EURUSD's spread + pipstep), it will stack a pile of orders unless the MaxTrades came under control. But hey, if we limitted the MaxTrades(not holding the trades until real breakout), it obviously will become another low frequency gambler. Good thing is, this EA doesn't require high volatility breakout, may be a 15pips daily range can keep this EA survive for a long long time.

Update

I updated post #62 above. I am setting on a float (-$929.35) that is getting close to half of the banked balance (Maxloss= $1,148.00) if you noticed (I made it in red). No more progression trades are possible as the MaxTrades of 10 has been reached so one side of the dual-chart method is a carry and needs a weakening of the USD (in other words, the heaviest trade is Long).

If I survive this, I will carry over the weekend and I cannot shut off my computer to do my weekened maintenence, because once the MT4 platform goes off...you lose any progression or history in this EA...it does not restart and pick up where it left off. If you get a feed disconnect that is ok...as long as it reconnects.

If I blow up I will restart the test with 5K, instead of 2K on the EUR/USD in the Demo IBFX mini account. I will try a spread of 6, instead of 5. I will use 0.01 Lots instead of 0.05 and I will increase MaxTrades to 12 instead of 10. The ProfitTarget will be reduced to 0.7 from 1.0. Maxloss continues at 50% of banked balance which would start at $2,500.00.

Each little adjustment has a reason and there is a method to my madness It is better to not make so many adjustments at once, but I will go against what I know and do it anyways. I observe the CHANGE in forward test max-outs and frequencies from this test to the next test. It is important. But again with so many adjustments at once it will be difficult to isolate what input or combination of inputs that is functional in improving drawdown....yes drawdown is what i am trying to improve...the yield is definatly here with this Ea...but what good does good yield do if you give it all back in a maxloss event.

ES

P.S. cuda...If you decide to make the inputs for the "GrowthFactor" to accept decimals...please post to your thread here and update the opening post with the upgraded EA...and again, unless you post your code nothing will happen and you will not get any help here. Thank you for this EA.

P.P.S. InterbankFX will be closed for the holidays at the following times:

We close at 2pm EST, 19:00 GMT December 24th. We open December 26th at 2am EST, 07:00 GMT.

We also close at 2pm EST, 19:00 GMT December 31st. We open January 1st at 8pm EST, 01:00 GMT January 2nd.

What benefits would hedging give over just closing the positions, and reopening them later?

ElectricSavant:
The remedies as I see it for this problem..would be some sort of hedge scheme or a smarter autorestart scheme.

a progression...

tdion:
What benefits would hedging give over just closing the positions, and reopening them later?

tdion:

I have tried this type of hedging - I am presuming ES is referring to a 'hedge all open orders once a certain account d/d is reached' - thing is, you need to know with relative certainty that the market is going to go 'your way' when you close the hedge, but if you can pinpoint turning points with this accuracy, you would not need hedging in the first place.

Catch 22 situation! - anyway, I could not get it to work...

Well with this method we really do not need to know the direction...we need to predict volatility..

When I answered progression...that is exactley what I meant...

ES

omelette:
I have tried this type of hedging - I am presuming ES is referring to a 'hedge all open orders once a certain account d/d is reached' - thing is, you need to know with relative certainty that the market is going to go 'your way' when you close the hedge, but if you can pinpoint turning points with this accuracy, you would not need hedging in the first place. Catch 22 situation! - anyway, I could not get it to work...
Reason: