PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 39

refer to ur account statement David Stanley

it refer to with ea?

i wanna to know. coz i want to use it.

can i use mrsPacMan default setting for 4 major pair ?

usdchf

eurusd

usdjpy

gbpusd

moneymaxs:
refer to ur account statement David Stanley

it refer to with ea?

i wanna to know. coz i want to use it.

can i use mrsPacMan default setting for 4 major pair ?

usdchf

eurusd

usdjpy

gbpusd

The Account your asking about is mostly pacmanJr_gbp$ ran on gbp$ and $jpy.

Mrspacman not good on gbp$ and $jpy and there ia a seperate mrspacman for $chf.

You can run pacmanJr on $jpy, euro$, and gbp$ and mrspacmanchf on $chf. That will give you the 4 majors. You can run pacman on $cad if you want 5.

I have never ran more than 3 pairs so I cann't say how safe it is. Let us know the results.

Keep them off of ausie and gbpjpy.

edit: every thing is on defaults

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
The Account your asking about is mostly pacmanJr_gbp$ ran on gbp$ and $jpy.

Mrspacman not good on gbp$ and $jpy and there ia a seperate mrspacman for $chf.

You can run pacmanJr on $jpy, euro$, and gbp$ and mrspacmanchf on $chf. That will give you the 4 majors. You can run pacman on $cad if you want 5.

I have never ran more than 3 pairs so I cann't say how safe it is. Let us know the results.

Keep them off of ausie and gbpjpy.

edit: every thing is on defaults

Dave

What account size do I need to be at for pacmanJr_gbp$ to start trading 0.1 lots?

multiple PacmanJr

@ xxDavidxSxx

Multiple PacmanJr on multiple pairs should reduce the risk of the account by diversification. If one gets stuck, the others can collect pips in the meantime.

Why not add a "Riskreduktion" in % or "NrOfPacmanJrOnAccount"? So a smaller lotsize will follow.

Not a good idea?

bluehippo:
...Multiple PacmanJr on multiple pairs should reduce the risk of the account by diversification. If one gets stuck, the others can collect pips in the meantime. ...

Well, my experience with the martingale strategies is that it is difficult to get real diversification in the sense of risk reduction. For this to be true the traded pairs should both individually behave ok and have low correlation with each other. Otherwise, you can easily get the situation where more than one pair gets into trouble at the same time. You should plan for this worst case, which typically means reducing lot sizes even more per pair.

Thoughts about retracement

Has anybody already done some dynamic orders based on actual retracement instead of fixed pipstep levels?

Note that if some pipstep levels can be skipped because we don't get sufficient retracement there, the lot size and tp settings can be optimized to use lower total risk. Sometimes, A LOT of lower risk, since the standard order series gives us exponential growth of total lots and accumulated loss, whereas if unsuccessfull levels could be (partly) skipped, we would only have linear growth.

The backside of waiting for some actual retracement before entering a new level order is of course that we are giving away some pips of the retracement we want to catch. This increases the danger of needing more levels, but now we may afford adding additional levels.

If we had a hedge in place, it could actually pay off if we wait longer before entering new level orders. But then we must also learn how to manage a hedge ...

alassio:
Has anybody already done some dynamic orders based on actual retracement instead of fixed pipstep levels?

Note that if some pipstep levels can be skipped because we don't get sufficient retracement there, the lot size and tp settings can be optimized to use lower total risk. Sometimes, A LOT of lower risk, since the standard order series gives us exponential growth of total lots and accumulated loss, whereas if unsuccessfull levels could be (partly) skipped, we would only have linear growth.

The backside of waiting for some actual retracement before entering a new level order is of course that we are giving away some pips of the retracement we want to catch. This increases the danger of needing more levels, but now we may afford adding additional levels.

If we had a hedge in place, it could actually pay off if we wait longer before entering new level orders. But then we must also learn how to manage a hedge ...

I wish I could code retrace % levels for entrys. Then I could use elliott wave theory in ea's. And taking trend lines into account would be nice too. Daily, and weekly.

But thats way beyond me.

Dave

Any chance of using the PacManJr system on other currencies? or do you have to make some changes to the way the system works? Can I use settings for PacManJr on PacMan some how? I like how PacManJr is working

Thanks

matrixebiz:
What account size do I need to be at for pacmanJr_gbp$ to start trading 0.1 lots?

7k I belive because I am trading .05 at 3600. And its default is at .7 risk.

Dave

matrixebiz:
Any chance of using the PacManJr system on other currencies? or do you have to make some changes to the way the system works? Can I use settings for PacManJr on PacMan some how? I like how PacManJr is working Thanks

I have been testing other pairs. Ausie is still off limmits as is gbpjpy. But $cad, $chf, $jpy, and euro$ are all ok.

I am trying to make an enhanced version that will handle the ausie moves. Maybe playing with fire but theres alot of volatility there to trade on.

You can try other pairs yourself in backtest. If it busts look at the day and see if its nfp or just after. If it is you can ignore the bust and keep testing from that point on.

Because were always going to stay away from nfp.

Dave

edit: setting no trade days 4,5 will keep you out of alot of nfp durring backtests. But profits will be slightly low.

Reason: