How to test more than one currency pair in strategy tester

Hi,

I know we can test one pair at a time in strategy tester but when you planned to use multiple currency pair in real automatic trading then it difficult to analysis drawdown, risk.

Is it possible to run strategy tester for more than one currency pair at a same time to find some what accurate result.

Thanks

Multi-Currency Expert Advisors in MT5  - backtesting and optimization 

The threads/posts

• Buying or Selling all 7 pairs - the thread with the explanation.
  • Multi-Currency Expert Advisors the post with the examples of backtesting/optimization

The articles

Documentation

• MetaTrader 5 Help → Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots → Optimization Types - All Symbols Selected in Market Watch
  • MetaTrader 5 Help → Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots → Strategy Testing - Multi-Currency Expert Advisors
  • MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2019.05.22 14:25

How to visualize multicurrency trading history based on HTML and CSV reports 

Since its introduction, MetaTrader 5 provides multicurrency testing options. This possibility is often used by traders. However the function is not universal. In particular, after running a test, the user can open a chart with performed trading operations. But this is only a chart of one traded symbol selected in the strategy tester settings. The entire trading history of all used symbols cannot be viewed after testing, while visual examination is not always efficient. Additional analysis may be required after some time after testing. Also, a report can be provided by another person. Therefore, a tool for visualizing trading on multiple working symbols based on the HTML testing report would be very useful.

The previous article provided a description of the HTML parser based on CSS selectors[1]. The parser extracts the list of deals from the HTML report, based on which we can trades can be formed (graphical objects). Parsing of CSV files from the Signals section is a bit easier, while the file format for the MetaTrader 4 (*.history.csv) and MetaTrader 5 (*.positions.csv) signals is supported by the built-in MQL functions.

Strategy Testing - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
Strategy Testing - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Strategy Tester allows you to test and optimize trading strategies ( Expert Advisors ) before using them for live trading. During testing, an...

..and more starting from this page: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/13542/page3
All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud
All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud
  • www.mql5.com
General: All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

Sergey Golubev #:

Multi-Currency Expert Advisors in MT5  - backtesting and optimization 

The threads/posts

• Buying or Selling all 7 pairs - the thread with the explanation.
  • Multi-Currency Expert Advisors the post with the examples of backtesting/optimization

The articles

Documentation

• MetaTrader 5 Help → Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots → Optimization Types - All Symbols Selected in Market Watch
  • MetaTrader 5 Help → Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots → Strategy Testing - Multi-Currency Expert Advisors
  • MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual

Thanks for the helpful post! I tried to study it, but came somewhat to my limits, by the OOP. I managed to display 3 different charts in the strategy tester by implementing 2 different indicators. The only thing I am missing: trading level and trading history, as it is usually displayed in the main chart. can you help me out? Are there any other helpful posts, or code snippets, so I can learn how to add this to the indicators? best regards 

Reason: