PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 20

I wouldn't use a visible SL, the broker would want to hit it. I also would never trade more than 5 lots with a broker. I'm probably revising that number down a bit since I'm making the move to automated ECN trading. (Broker adjustments are messing up my fractals that are perfect on Reuters, Yahoo, etc).

Here is the continuation of my $3000 account for another week (default settings, original pacman). Looks good but the - float is bad

Do you think a time delayed tight trailing stop and a limit on the number of cycles would help? I don't want to run an EA that can go from 0.03 lots to 0.57 lots. 0.1 to 0.4 seems to be about my comfort zone.

ericbach:
Here is the version with a Time Filter added in.

Can be setup to prevents trades from starting up during certain volitile periods as NY news session. Havn't had the chance yet to really test it out.

The only problem is it does not close any prior open trades but runs them thru the close time period.

Would appreciated if anyone else can test this and share results.

Enjoy

Here is a helpful hint.

I had unknowingly had the time filter turn off on Thursday during US News session. As you can see from the attached chart how GBP/USd started some "crazycycle" trades which I would have preferred not to be part of. During volitile situations, the indicators in the expert will be doing some wild up and down swings not knowing for sure which direction to enter trades, so it enters in both direction. This put me in a hole which now I need a few days to get out to break even. In the meantime I could have been part of some winning trades.

This confirms my theory on always using the timefilter when using any type of martingale based expert.

Also for use as a time delayed entry, I noticed that my sell position in the USD/CHF was delayed enough yesterday to give me a good sell entry when the market went back up at end of NY session.

I hope this all helps in explaining the importance of the timefilter feature.

Files:

matrixebiz:
Here is the continuation of my $3000 account for another week (default settings, original pacman). Looks good but the - float is bad

your running on bad pairs like gbp$. I only recomend euro$, $cad (safe) and $chf (slightly more risky) and most all others not recomended.

Any of the gbp pairs can take a 200 pip move w/o retrace.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
My analysis is possible 20 pips higher then a retrace, befor continuing higher. dave

And so it happened.... I had 4 open...it went 20 pips more( give or take) opening a 5th trade, then retraced(closing out my trades at b/e). Before continuing higher.

This is a demonstration of my account protection based on market analysis.

All I did was use Elliott wave theory to determine the stage the wave up was in. And if I saw a retrace coming. 5 waves. waves 1,3,5 are with the trend, and 2,4 are counter trend. Wave 3 had further to go and needed a wave 4 retrace before wave 5 continues higher. But I'm not gonna start teaching elliott wave. But its very useful in ea management.

Dave

But I'll say this again. My settings are not for the faint of heart. I was looking at a 900$ or more floating p/l befor NY open this morning.

I would have had 2k left. out of whats now 3800. So thats the risk if not using a s/l. Dont use what you cann't afford to lose.

Here are my forward testing results as promised using pacman-tf expert.

Very pleased with them and looking forward to more.

Can anyone else share theres and see who gets better results?

Enjoy

ericbach:
Here are my forward testing results as promised using pacman-tf expert.

Very pleased with them and looking forward to more.

Can anyone else share theres and see who gets better results?

Enjoy

thats great work.

would you really run on those pairs with real money?

My results are very conservitive. Because there on real money.I got about 100 on the 3600 accnt and 50 on the 1300 account. I just started the 1300 one this week. MrsPacMan is running on that one.

Dave

daraknor:
Do you think a time delayed tight trailing stop and a limit on the number of cycles would help? I don't want to run an EA that can go from 0.03 lots to 0.57 lots. 0.1 to 0.4 seems to be about my comfort zone.

Hi Daraknor,

Finally ... I am agree with you. Here I attach the 3 weeks result of my Goblin. I used 0.75 lot so that it could stand up to the max 12 trades with 1 million deposit. So far, my Pacman testing only progress up to 6 level. However, my Goblin had penetrated 8 level before it finally closed. Here is the link : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175616/page64

I like your idea to stay at 0.1 to 0.4 lot, and we must think how it could be done. I don't really like risking large balance deposit for so small starting lot just to cover "enough" possible progressions.

Could you explain further your idea about "time delayed tight trailing stop and limit on the number of cycles"? Thanks very much

Cheers,

Files:
pacman_ch_3.gif  20 kb
pacman_5.gif  5 kb
pacman_2.htm  25 kb

matrixebiz:

This does not look good however you look at it!

Trust me, if this was a live account you would have trouble sleeping at night right now!

Remember that your worth is your assets minus your liablilities - it is basic accounting!

Reason: