Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 95

wibitiens:
Hi,

...however I am still waiting the possibility when the maxtrade is reached and the price keep againsting current trading. Don't know what's gonna happen ...

Cheers,

That's when the proverbial "Witching Hour" commences....

Files:
its_theirs.gif  27 kb

What is the Best Goblin

Just to add my 2 cents worth, I have tested many Goblin variants and the one that consistently outperforms with the least drawdown is the grid based Goblin with trailing stops to be found in post 552 at https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175850

fxgold:
Just to add my 2 cents worth, I have tested many Goblin variants and the one that consistently outperforms with the least drawdown is the grid based Goblin with trailing stops to be found in post 552 at https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175850

I'm really surprised no one further examined this. This one is on the back burner for me because I've got other eas I'm working on right now but the performance and concept behind it seemed solid.

Nick,

fxgold:

------------------------------

Hi FxGold,

What pairs you are using, time frame (1H?), and settings ?

Best Regards.

just trying this version on USDJPY M5, but the EA has opened 2 sell-stops at 1.10 and 1.25 price!! very odd. no errors in the experts file. IBFX mini.

faifarni:
I'm really surprised no one further examined this. This one is on the back burner for me because I've got other eas I'm working on right now but the performance and concept behind it seemed solid. Nick,

-----------------------------

Hi,

somebody has the explanation of the parameters of that version Goblin Grid V4 ?

So far, I have been testing Goblin for four weeks. I used 1 million deposit and 0.74 starting lot just to see how far the progression might be in any market condition.

These few days, market has been not so good for martiangle system. My goblin closed after 8 level was opened. I think almost all pairs affected by USD are trending without considerable amount of retracement. I notice that it happen since the last announcement about US - China - WTO stuff. It makes USD weakening until today. May be this is the reason. I am not sure

Cheers,

Files:
goblin_ch_2.gif  19 kb
goblin_7.gif  5 kb
goblin_4.htm  30 kb

Lot Size

Check out the 5 lot entry on the attached statement. Where did that come from? Granted it's a 25k demo but that is a little scary. Another risky draw down element in the program. Bluto, will the multiplier be addressed in the new version?

Like the others, i appreciate your work and dedication!

Today's Spike

Attached is my statement of results for this morning: I'm using John's settings except for MaxTrades =3 and orderstoprotect =1 (not sure if it matters with acct protect at 0. It only would allow 1 trade open per pair through the run and did not increase lot size above .01.

I think John's setup also did well through the 11/22-23 spike according to previously posted statements.

This ea appears to be dialed in!

I was wondering is there a way to have Goblin Fibo 1.2 open just buy trades?

and bypass the sells

Thanks

Rick

Reason: