Trend /Reversal /Continuation HELPER - page 11

cja:
16/04/2007

Update on the 1st post, all the color levels including the comments can now be altered

You can fine tune or alter any aspect of this tool just look in the inputs so it can be altered to suit your trading style.

cja

I wanted to remove the 1M and 5M timeframes (or least block them out) I dont think this can be done throught the edit screen.

thanks

hi

cja:
Hi

This is for all those who wanted more time frames displayed

11/04/2007

I have altered the code so now you can customise all the color levels.

Thanks for your great effort ..

==================

Forex Indicators Collection

Time frames

mwbro:
I wanted to remove the 1M and 5M timeframes (or least block them out) I dont think this can be done throught the edit screen. thanks

Hi

Yes you are correct you cannot alter or select what timeframes you want other than the 2 current setups, this would required a huge amount of code to make the timeframes indivdually selectable and probably double the size of the indicator, you will just have to wait for the release of the mq4 file or i may get time to make one for you, i presume you want M15/m30/H1/H4/W1/MTH or is it M15/M30/H1/H4 ????

cja

CJA,

Great indys!

Could you add these externs to Stochs Bar please?

extern int K_period = 5;

extern int D_period = 3;

extern int S_period = 3;

extern int PriceField =0;

Should be a breeze if it is coded like digistochs. What is Pricefield at now Low/high or close/close?

Also the text "Daily Av" is missing from my v6 Signal Bars.

PS, i would start a new thread as you suggested for Stochs bars.

Thanks!

cja:
Hi

Yes you are correct you cannot alter or select what timeframes you want other than the 2 current setups, this would required a huge amount of code to make the timeframes indivdually selectable and probably double the size of the indicator, you will just have to wait for the release of the mq4 file or i may get time to make one for you, i presume you want M15/m30/H1/H4/W1/MTH or is it M15/M30/H1/H4 ????

cja

Couldnt you just do something like so...

extern bool show_1m = true;

If (Show_1m == true)

//Signal Labels

{ObjectCreate("ObjLabel1", OBJ_LABEL, WindowFind("DIGISTOCH"), 0, 0); //LABEL

ObjectSetText("ObjLabel1","SIGNAL",8, "Arial Bold", Silver);

ObjectSet("ObjLabel1", OBJPROP_CORNER, 0);

ObjectSet("ObjLabel1", OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, 105);

ObjectSet("ObjLabel1", OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, 3);}

Just insert the if over your object code?

Price covering indicator

Big Joe:
Dear CJA,

This indicator is great, thank you very much

But can you make one in an external indicator window, because sometime prices going though and it's not much readable.

Thanks

That is why i made it so you can shift it left or right and up and down the chart, here is an easy way to stop the price interferring with the indicator

Hope this helps

cja

Files:
cursor.gif  51 kb

Timeframe adjustments

C.E.O.:
Couldnt you just do something like so...

extern bool show_1m = true;

If (Show_1m == true)

//Signal Labels

{ObjectCreate("ObjLabel1", OBJ_LABEL, WindowFind("DIGISTOCH"), 0, 0); //LABEL

ObjectSetText("ObjLabel1","SIGNAL",8, "Arial Bold", Silver);

ObjectSet("ObjLabel1", OBJPROP_CORNER, 0);

ObjectSet("ObjLabel1", OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, 105);

ObjectSet("ObjLabel1", OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, 3);}
Just insert the if over your object code?

Yes you are quite right you can do exactly as you suggest but that would just delete the timefame and leave a gap in the display so the other 7 timeframes would need to shift and enlarge to take up the gap, this would apply to every combination of timeframes plus double the code for the shift to the left side of the chart. Thanks for the idea but it is not practicle to do at present.

As for the externs STOCH_Bars_v2c on the POST#92 has these in the code under inputs although the price is not there it is coded to 1 = Open in the indicator

cja

cja,

I would like to ask your help on something. I have taken digistochs code and am wanting to add an alert function to it, and maybe when you release(if) source for stochs bar, do the same. I am pretty new at this coding business and have trouble with alerts going off at every tick. The following is what I have and am not sure if it will work, but i would like an alert for one per bar of the current chart timeframe. Could you please give me a hand on this? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

if (AlertOnAllignment == true)

{

if (StochsToAllign == 2)

//up trend 2 alligned

{if ((stoch_color_m15 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_m30 == YellowGreen) ||

(stoch_color_m15 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_h1 == YellowGreen) ||

(stoch_color_m15 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_h4 == YellowGreen) ||

(stoch_color_m30 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_h1 == YellowGreen) ||

(stoch_color_m30 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_h4 == YellowGreen) ||

(stoch_color_h1 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_h4 == YellowGreen))

//Down trend 2 alligned

else if ((stoch_color_m15 == Tomato && stoch_color_m30 == Tomato) ||

(stoch_color_m15 == Tomato && stoch_color_h1 == Tomato) ||

(stoch_color_m15 == Tomato && stoch_color_h4 == Tomato) ||

(stoch_color_m30 == Tomato && stoch_color_h1 == Tomato) ||

(stoch_color_m30 == Tomato && stoch_color_h4 == Tomato) ||

(stoch_color_h1 == Tomato && stoch_color_h4 == Tomato))

}

if (StochsToAllign == 3)

//up trend 3 alligned

{if ((stoch_color_m15 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_m30 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_h1 == YellowGreen) ||

(stoch_color_m15 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_m30 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_h4 == YellowGreen) ||

(stoch_color_m30 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_h1 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_h4 == YellowGreen))

//Down trend 3 alligned

else if ((stoch_color_m15 == Tomato && stoch_color_m30 == Tomato && stoch_color_h1 == Tomato) ||

(stoch_color_m15 == Tomato && stoch_color_m30 == Tomato && stoch_color_h4 == Tomato) ||

(stoch_color_m30 == Tomato && stoch_color_h1 == Tomato && stoch_color_h4 == Tomato))

}

if (StochsToAllign == 4)

//up trend All alligned

{if ((stoch_color_m15 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_m30 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_h1 == YellowGreen && stoch_color_h4 == YellowGreen))

//Down trend All alligned

else if ((stoch_color_m15 == Tomato && stoch_color_m30 == Tomato && stoch_color_h1 == Tomato && stoch_color_h4 == Tomato))

}

STOCH 5,3,3 Indicator - 4H

CJA,

Please take a look at the attached GJ 4H chart. The stoch has already moved below 80, 66.xxxx while the STOCH 5,3,3 is still red above 80.

The red arrows are pointing at the two parts.

Happy trading,

Khai

Hope the attachment comes thru'

Stoch

prosper888:
CJA,

Please take a look at the attached GJ 4H chart. The stoch has already moved below 80, 66.xxxx while the STOCH 5,3,3 is still red above 80.

The red arrows are pointing at the two parts.

Happy trading,

Khai

Hope the attachment comes thru'

Thank you for bringing this to my attention - this is how we improve things by having good feedback.

The difference is because the STOCH Bars are set to OPEN on the price and your STOCH is set to LOW/HIGH and the lower STOCH is set to CLOSE see the attached screenshot. Then there is Smoothed / EMA / SMA etc so differences will occur with different setups.

Files:
sto.gif  65 kb
Reason: