"solitaire"

*****NEW INDICATORS AND TEMPLATE ON POSTS 1 - 2 - 4*****

SOLITAIRE - (noun) = Also called PATIENCE. any of various games played by one person.

PATIENCE is the MAIN rule of this or any method.We have PATIENCE and wait until a trade comes to us.

we DO NOT chase trades. We have PATIENCE and WAIT until there is as near a perfect set-up

as possible.By doing this we will MAXIMISE our profits and MINIMISE our losses.

this method is a work in progress

CHART SET UP

CURRENCY PAIR - ANY PAIR (majority of testing and live trading has been done on the GBP/USD and some on the EUR/USD but has been designed to be a working method on all pairs)

TIME FRAME - again i personaly use the 15min chart as i like the low risk trades that the method produces there,but again this will work on ANY timeframe.

INDICATORS -

the M.A.C.H series of indicators are based around Heiken Ashi and include various filters including Volatility ,momentum,AMA,MA angles,averages, i have changed these indicators so much from there original settings and names it was easier to keep track of by calling them M.A.C.H 1.2.3.4 ETC and so the M.A.C.H series was born.........enjoy

THE ENTRY-

The signal for an entry is when the M.A.C.H.0 (i know i know,it looks like macho lol,this is purley coincadental and not a reflection on me,although i am......a bit) anyway........when the M.A.C.H.0 changes colour this indicates a change in direction, if when the CURRENT bar has closed and the M.A.C.H.0 has changed colour we then look down the line to see if we have same colour conformation from the other indicators,if this is so we can then ENTER a trade on the OPEN of the next bar.

STOP LOSS - REMEMBER TO ADD SPREAD TO YOUR INITIAL STOPLOSS PRICE

initial stop loss is to be placed at the top/bottom of the first smiley that has changed colour and then moved up/down to the next smiley every 5 mins,you may find that the first smiley that changed colour is 2 - 4 candles away,it is still used as the initial stop loss,

EXIT - when stopped out by the M.A.C.H.STOP indicator

OTHER THOUGHTS

The M.A.C.H. daily range indicator shows the average daily range for the pair,now obviously it is just a guide that the pair MAY have reached its top/bottom for today,BUT if you do get for example a signal for a buy trade and the indicator is telling you that there is only 10 pips room up then there is maybe a chance that the trade could go wrong as theres not enough room left,but as always there will be times that you take this advice and the pair makes a new high/low and it would have been a good signal.........this is the world of forex that likes to bite us on the bum,so be carefull if this happens.sometimes its better to play patience and wait for another trade...besides if the pair has reached its range for today you SHOULD have caught the trade up/down anyway with the "solitaire" method lol so dont be gready

thoughts on lot size.....i played around last week with adding a lot EVERY time i got a full line of conformation AFTER the initial entry and it WORKED REALLY well..........

thoughts on news...........as ALWAYS be carefull around news time, before and after,personaly IF i am already in a nice trade with pips locked in i will continue to let it run through the news as sometimes the pip god is in our favour and it DOES go our way and if it goes againts me then i still collect my pips.........on the other hand IF i am not in a trade it is very very unlikley that i will enter a trade before any news comes out,and for a while after it has settled down

well hope you enjoy letting the "solitaire" make you some pips........

*any changes/improvements made will be updated on this the first page*

*INDICATORS CONTINUED ON POST 2 AND POST 4*

Files:

Hi dsforex.

Thank you for sharing this strategy.

How mach win deal (%%)?

Regards.

can you give your settings on each of the indicators?

When I used the template it was just the chart with candles and no indicators. So I want to make sure Ive got your settings.

I also do not have ma rsi channel, there is just one ma.

thanks

can you give your settings on each of the indicators?

hi droesparky,have posted the template again in the first post,have posted the settings of all the indicators also in the first post

the indicators dont save in a template like other indicators will, I wonder why that is..

anyway I have the settings so will jut leave a copy loaded I guess.

thanks again

the indicators dont save in a template like other indicators will, I wonder why that is..

Hi droesparky,sorry your having problems with the template,i have downloaded the one i posted above and it installed ok on both my live and demo accounts,only thing i can suggest is to make sure you put the indicators in the correct folder and then restarted your metatrader platform,hope this helps, if not you have the settings anyway and can save your own template from that

do the indicators go in the indicator folder, I did even try save my own template and it didnt work, never had that problem before.

nice system

I think it realy works

Files:

maybe 5 min is better?

His original set up was on a 15 min chart.

dsforex

thank you for thet nice metod.

do we have to wigth for the and off bar after we get the alert from m.a.c.h3?

do the indicators go in the indicator folder

Hi droesparky,yes the indicators go in the indicators folder and the template goes in the template folder,then restart .

I think it realy works

haha thanks for your confidence davidus,there are a few niggles to straighten out i think, but yes MOST of the time it does work,which is a good place to start,i see you using on a 5min chart,i try on that timeframe also and it has a good win ratio on there to,as it is on most other timeframes,i just prefer the 15 minute chart for my style of trading,it seems to pick out nice 20 pip trades on the 15 min chart and that does for me as i use multiple lots

maybe 5 min is better?

see answer above

do we have to wigth for the and off bar after we get the alert from m.a.c.h3?

Hi eyal,i appreciate that english is not your first language,so your question i may not answer correctly,my appologies if this is so,but i think you want to know if you wait for the close of the bar after the alert from M.A.C.H 3?once the M.A.C.H 3 changes colour and alerts us we wait for conformation from the other indicators as explained in the first post,if you do not understand give me a PM and i will try to explain it in a bit more detail for you

Reason: