TrendMeLeaveMe - page 5

EnkiJr:
Thank you MiniMe for bringing TrendMeLeaveMe by Waddah Attar [TMLM EA] to our lives... Thank you Ibin Fernas for the translation... and THANK YOU Barnix for Ind-TD-DeMark-3-1 [03-06-2007 #17]... and MrPip for V3... and thank you ALL for sharing... I am only learning how to use MT4 and... discovering your discussion and these indicators/EAs is for me like a revelation... it's amazing to see all this working and moving on my MT4 chart [mig]...

May I suggest to all, for this discussion, to stay with TrendMeLeaveMe, Ind-TD-DeMark-3-1, e-Trailing EA and SHI Channel... this way this discussion can be focused... introduction of any other EAs/indicators/concepts... will only dilute the content and eventually all will desapear...

So the way I understand, in order of priority, trading a pair, we have:

[1] on first chart:

- Ind-TD-DeMark-3-1_eng.mq4 or...

- Ind_TD_DeMark_3_1_LA_Mod_03B_AIME.mq4

- it must be on the chart before TMLM V3 can be put on [MrPip]

- DeMark [Tom DeMark] can be used as a stand alone manual trading indicastor

- adding TMLM V3 EA will allow autotrade

[2] on second chart:

- e-Trailing.mq4

- SHI_Channel_true_fixed.mq4 [Perky]

As I said, I am new to EAs/Indicators... and still just a demo trader... and not very good at this... *smile*... my mind is not putting the [1] and [2] togheter very well...

Could you please let me know... can the MT4 system execute the [1] & [2] at the same time... for the same time frame... the same pair...? or... the [1] and [2] can not work at the same time... for the same order...?

And... is the [1] and [2] corrrect...? or maybe there should be a different combination... should we concentrate only on [1]... or only on [2]... or on [1] and [2]...

I will post my [1] and [2] screens shortly...

Thanks for your comments...

Your welcome : I would suggest that you read these two posts to know how important to improve your trading skills before using any EAs

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176053

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176147

We try to help each other in forex-tsd.com but most important you will have to start from the basics then move to EAs.

Wish you luck and lots of money

putting it all together

Thanks MiniMe... will do...

Here is my MT4 screen... the latest setup under [1]...

Ind_TD_DeMark_3_1_LA_Mod_03B_AIME.mq4

For an untrained eye and mind is rather hard to follow what is what...

Barnix, would you please let me how to switch-ON the text description that appears on the TOP Left corner of nd-TD-DeMark-3-1_eng.mq4...

Also, the "Price Lines / Take Profit Lines" at DeMark are quite apart from the price lines being indicated by TMLM...

Could please put some logic for me as to which lines to follow...?

and... could someone take this jpg or their own... and draw on it a text explanation for each line present...? people say "picture is worth more than a thousand words"... and it would make it easy for new adepts to understand... -thanks

Files:
setup_1.jpg  171 kb

teh next step

Okay... I got the text info to show up in the UPPER LEFT corner... but how come the HighHL_1 and LowHL1_1 are not parallel to HL_1 ...?

but... can someone explain to me what do these abbreviations mean:

- LL_1 ...

- HighLL_1 ... why is it set up 50 above LL_1 ... what does it mean...? the significance of 50...?

- LowLL_1 ... why is it set up 10 below LL_1 ... what does it mean...? the significance of 10...?

- LC1_1 ...

- HC1_1 ...

same for...

- HL_1 ...

- HighHL_1 ...

- LowHL_1 ...

also... can we make each order with corresponding T/P & S/L to show up on the chart in a different color...? it would be much easier to see which one is which

how do I put back on chart the 2 UPPER/LOWER price indicators projecting the price to the price index on the right...

After playing with the setup for a while I see that this EA is a NEGATIVE PIPs accumulator... especially in the whipsaw market... there is probably somewhere out there an indicator/ea that recognizes the sideway market and if set to stop trading under say condition that Pick/Valley difference fall below 20-30 PIPs... would send the signal to TMLM EA to stop trading... and resume, if one of the "minimum separation" support/resistance lines is broken...

also... in a sideway market, following a PICK to the left... when 21 & 34 WMAs start to trend down... our TMLM EA should stop issuing BUY orders... only SELL... and resume BUY only when the sideway's RESISTANCE is broken taking the price out of the 20-30 PIPs whipsaw...

and is it possible to synchronize the TWO [TMLM EA and DeMark] so they be in agreement as to Target Price and/or Take Profit lines...? or can TMLM take a reading from DeMark's LC1_1 and HC1_1...? DeMark it seams to calculate Profit Targets according to what is happening with prices... Profit Targets are reacting to the condition... S/L could be auto calculated as a percentage of LC1_1 or HC1_1...

What do you think guys...?

Files:
tmlm102.jpg  222 kb

put it on its head

Hello again...

- Ind_TD_DeMark_3_1_LA_Mod_03B_AIME.mq4

- it must be on the chart before TMLM V3 can be put on [MrPip]

the above combination right now is only loosing money... but... it could be a good play if a radical change is put in place... and for you MrPiP this could be relatively simple to do... I think...

I plaid with this combo for a while and it seams the NEGATIVE Pips could be turned to POSITIVE...

MrPip, could you please just reverse the current BUY and SELL orders issued by TMLM EA... in other wards, right now, at the upper trendtline and its "break" [end of impulsive wave], the BUY signal is executed...

at the end of each IMPULSIVE wave there is always a CONTRACTIVE wave... and if you would to change TMLM order from BUY to SELL [just the opposite to what TMLM is designed to do] ... we would typically make a few PIPs [10-15] on each contractive wave... and the total could grow quite nicely...

The same would be applicable to the lower tread line... the reverse action...

There is a multitude of small contractive waves as opposite to just a few large breakout waves...

Please make this for us so we all can try... -Thanks

revelation...

Hey... MiniMe... just checked the links you gave... CONGRATULATIONS on your effort... maybe TMLM/DeMark in "reverse" could add to the power of POWER... see you there...

One thing on the TomDeMarkTrendLine stuff (which i luv utilizing by manually placing the TDTLs) it that there are whole trading systems modeled after utilizing this particular TD indicator and profits over the long haul seem to be hit or miss. After the initial thread suggesting incorporation of the TD indicator there were off shoots of that original trying to find ways to see consistent profits.

There seems to be no consensus on the most profitable way to trade the TDTL in an automated way. TDTLs by their nature should be looked at as a tool to be included in a discretionary model. Even Tom DeMark in his book has several filtering rules, and though these rules could be ported over to an automated system (my thought not TD's) you could read a page or two later in his book and see there is a good dose of discretion in his decision making process.

. . . this may be why there are more losers than winners showing up in your forward tests.

for anyone interested i have a directory full of videos showing forward testing with the TDTLs at one of my domains, but i don't think you'll find any real answers to the delima of making a strict trend line break trading model profitable. There typicaly has to be more data to work on ...like where are the relevatnt Fibo Levels? Nearby Support/Resistance? General Trend on weekly or daily charts? etc...

Just rambling and trying to add a pip or two to your account.

Best wishes,

Thom

accrete:
One thing on the TomDeMarkTrendLine stuff (which i luv utilizing by manually placing the TDTLs) it that there are whole trading systems modeled after utilizing this particular TD indicator and profits over the long haul seem to be hit or miss. After the initial thread suggesting incorporation of the TD indicator there were off shoots of that original trying to find ways to see consistent profits.

There seems to be no consensus on the most profitable way to trade the TDTL in an automated way. TDTLs by their nature should be looked at as a tool to be included in a discretionary model. Even Tom DeMark in his book has several filtering rules, and though these rules could be ported over to an automated system (my thought not TD's) you could read a page or two later in his book and see there is a good dose of discretion in his decision making process.

. . . this may be why there are more losers than winners showing up in your forward tests.

for anyone interested i have a directory full of videos showing forward testing with the TDTLs at one of my domains, but i don't think you'll find any real answers to the delima of making a strict trend line break trading model profitable. There typicaly has to be more data to work on ...like where are the relevatnt Fibo Levels? Nearby Support/Resistance? General Trend on weekly or daily charts? etc...

Just rambling and trying to add a pip or two to your account.

Best wishes,

Thom

This is nothing more than "Mouteki Trading" from another web site. Interestingly I wrote an EA that trades mouteki and it did not do very well. And if it doesn't do well in an EA, which can be easily done because it is based on a strict algorithm, then it won't do well long term. I'm not aware of anyone else making a successful EA from Mouteki.

Very good point you have there accretebut this is exactly what I am trying to teach the trader to do is to be able to trust thier trade, by knowing where the price is heading .... I wont say 100% of the times but more than 90% of the times I am sure where the price is heading, the other 10% when I am not sure is in rnaging market, I am like a hunter I don't trade as much I pick my trades.

I said it before its not a majic its all about getting used to read the chart and understand it... I made a video yesterday its not the best, and its very very basic and meant for new traders, I am trying to teach them how to look at the chart by thier own eyes not by an indicator or by taking levels from somewhere. I posted the video on HERE

we also have EA for Isakas, and the EA trades like Isakas but sometimes EA wins and sometimes lose like a traders the only difference the trader miss some chances in trading cause he can not trade 24/7 and the EA does not miss those chances thats why we see more losses on every EA... and that why we need to treak the EA as a tool to trade but it should not be our trading tool ... also I made a small video file to show how we make the best of an EA and the video file is here...

EnkiJr:
Hey... MiniMe... just checked the links you gave... CONGRATULATIONS on your effort... maybe TMLM/DeMark in "reverse" could add to the power of POWER... see you there...

I will try to make a simple file later to show how to trade this EA, really by far its one of the most important EAs I come a cross, although I am not using it right now cause I do all my trades manually.

ra300z:
This is nothing more than "Mouteki Trading" from another web site. Interestingly I wrote an EA that trades mouteki and it did not do very well. ...

You are correct in your observation, and that was my point. TDTLs need a good dose of descretion to work!..and MiniMe was also (i believe) trying to point out in his post above.

I totaly like the idea of this particular EA, i just don't know if i can trust trend lines. hehe.

Cheers,

Thom

Reason: