One thing on the TomDeMarkTrendLine stuff (which i luv utilizing by manually placing the TDTLs) it that there are whole trading systems modeled after utilizing this particular TD indicator and profits over the long haul seem to be hit or miss. After the initial thread suggesting incorporation of the TD indicator there were off shoots of that original trying to find ways to see consistent profits.
There seems to be no consensus on the most profitable way to trade the TDTL in an automated way. TDTLs by their nature should be looked at as a tool to be included in a discretionary model. Even Tom DeMark in his book has several filtering rules, and though these rules could be ported over to an automated system (my thought not TD's) you could read a page or two later in his book and see there is a good dose of discretion in his decision making process.
. . . this may be why there are more losers than winners showing up in your forward tests.
for anyone interested i have a directory full of videos showing forward testing with the TDTLs at one of my domains, but i don't think you'll find any real answers to the delima of making a strict trend line break trading model profitable. There typicaly has to be more data to work on ...like where are the relevatnt Fibo Levels? Nearby Support/Resistance? General Trend on weekly or daily charts? etc...
Just rambling and trying to add a pip or two to your account.
This is nothing more than "Mouteki Trading" from another web site. Interestingly I wrote an EA that trades mouteki and it did not do very well. And if it doesn't do well in an EA, which can be easily done because it is based on a strict algorithm, then it won't do well long term. I'm not aware of anyone else making a successful EA from Mouteki.
Very good point you have there accretebut this is exactly what I am trying to teach the trader to do is to be able to trust thier trade, by knowing where the price is heading .... I wont say 100% of the times but more than 90% of the times I am sure where the price is heading, the other 10% when I am not sure is in rnaging market, I am like a hunter I don't trade as much I pick my trades.
I said it before its not a majic its all about getting used to read the chart and understand it... I made a video yesterday its not the best, and its very very basic and meant for new traders, I am trying to teach them how to look at the chart by thier own eyes not by an indicator or by taking levels from somewhere. I posted the video on HERE
we also have EA for Isakas, and the EA trades like Isakas but sometimes EA wins and sometimes lose like a traders the only difference the trader miss some chances in trading cause he can not trade 24/7 and the EA does not miss those chances thats why we see more losses on every EA... and that why we need to treak the EA as a tool to trade but it should not be our trading tool ... also I made a small video file to show how we make the best of an EA and the video file is here...
I will try to make a simple file later to show how to trade this EA, really by far its one of the most important EAs I come a cross, although I am not using it right now cause I do all my trades manually.
You are correct in your observation, and that was my point. TDTLs need a good dose of descretion to work!..and MiniMe was also (i believe) trying to point out in his post above.
I totaly like the idea of this particular EA, i just don't know if i can trust trend lines. hehe.
I trust support/resistance lines.
I don't trust trend lines. Too many fake outs.
I think if u combine both of them you can have a good result...:)
Forex Indicators Collection
I wish you guys all the luck in your trades
i search as the settings to use EA Trendmeleaveme 3 in Timeframe 5m and 30m.
But i dont know the settings for safer, because i dont become any results when i test it with backtest.
Can anybody help me or show the best settings????
You need to draw a trend line for this EA to work, as this EA works on the break of a trend line, so backtest will not work ... and on such small time frames what I will do is setup the EA on different accounts on one currency pair and try different time frames for two weeks