Techinical Trading

Although we will be doing live trading but this thread is for education only, and its not a recomendation to trade

I will start by posting some screen shots to hlep new traders understand techinical trading and help them to use the basic tools for trading, later if there is time I will make a small video files to show how to read the charts and make a trade decision.

Techincal traders has different approaches but they all use the same tools, we will use as less indicators as possible.

If you have a good setup and would like to share it then this is the place.

There are lots of good techinical traders on forex-tsd.com, I will need thier help and advice. if I made a mistake please correct me, and I hope good traders will share thier screen shots and ideas here.

It does not matter if you don't understand the charts from the start I know I have too many lines and too many colors, later I hope in the video I will show which is which, now try to learn from the notes I place on the charts

for the record I mainly use

- Bolinger bands

- Feb levels

- Trend lines

and sometimes some other basice tools like moving average and later we will use some indicators

I hold two master degrees in Eng. but that does not make me a good teacher, I know my self, so if you don't understand what I am doing let me know I will try to explain...

DIN or manual...?

Hi NiniMe... I was reading DIN pages... ISAKAS ashi by Kuskus_Osentogg... and I see t6hat Kuskus and you are mostly manual traders... that's great because this is how I want to start as well...

Last year Kuskus started with his method... then evolved to an other format... and now is working on his IsakasCS... I would like to use Kuskus's setups, but... if he is still searching, it means what was in the past is not working... and Kuskus is considered to be one of the TOP brains on this forum - a great contributor to DIN...

So what I see, forex as a big wall that is facing me and I am not sure how to tackle it...

MiniMe, you have participated in many discussions... have learn quite a lot... would you be able to give me a basic setup that I could start with and start to make my next steps...?

I am "would be" swing trader... intra day / day setups... going from D1, down to H4, H1, M30, M15 to establish the trend... and M5 to sharpen the entries...

I will also ask Kuskus for advise... there is now so many different versions / combinations of indicators to use with Kuskus that I am not sure which one to use...

Also, there was a comment by European that he is using Woodies CCI quite successfully... nobody replied to him though... I will check that as well...

Thanks.

First thing is first, read this post

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176147

its one of my fav.

You have to learn how to trade manuly before using any EA ... I will help you with the setup now I am at work so I will write to you when I am back home in the weekend.

Zeman is still doing great job with candle pattern and we will talk about them also here but they are best on 4H and more.

DIN and ISAKAS are great but so far I make more money and I lose less trading only manuly.

I am planning to make two video files one to show the basic setup for the my trades, and the other one is to help the trader establish trust in his trades.

later I will come a cross different trading techniques, but I will keep things simple. for everybody to understand.

hi

MiniMe:
I am planning to make two video files one to show the basic setup for the my trades, and the other one is to help the trader establish trust in his trades. later I will come a cross different trading techniques, but I will keep things simple. for everybody to understand.

hi minime,

Thanks for share your great lesson here...yes just keep it simple ...hope to see you make profitable system with default indicator ....

==================

Forex Indicators Collection

prasxz:
hi minime,

Thanks for share your great lesson here...yes just keep it simple ...hope to see you make profitable system with default indicator ....

==================

Forex Indicators Collection

Your welcome prasxz, I want to clear a point here I am not going to make a template or a system here ... what I am trying is to do is helo new traders understand how to read the chart, then place thier orders with no fear.

Techinical trading use lots of tools but all are simple and requires talent, think of the forex as playing snooker or pool everyone think its easy, but there are lots of tricks and its not an easy game if you try it ... you have to lose a lot before you start to win, the only way to learn pool is to watch a pro how he play then try the moves your self ... this is exactly what I am doing here ... Once you learn how to play you will develop your own rules that best suite your trade...

I have my own way of trading that makes me moeny but I am not going to teach that here .... for a simple reason that some of my trades takes about a month to close second I am not ready to talk about it yet.

But I will talk about how to develop your own system and I will mention all the tools I use to trade in my trades

When I say the price bounce from the Bolinger band then this is what I mean

http://www.leavittbrothers.com/education/technical_analysis/overlay_indicators/bollinger_bands.cfm

and when I say head and shoulders then this is what I mean

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/head-shoulders.asp

or this might be better, it will explain when I said connect the buttom of the first shoulder to the buttom of the head

http://www.stockstoshop.com/headandshoulders.htm

The most importnat rule in forex, and unfortunately is taught last in all forex courses or classes is moeny maanegment, and its the NO.1 reason for most traders losses.

I am not going to teach money manegment here, cause I wont be able to teach it...there are lots of sources about money manegment, I hope you guys read them before start trading.

MiniMe thanks for your great help here, is there an indicator that picks out the head and shoulders and shows them?

MiniMe:
but I use a trick which is to make the bolinger bands in different colors and I made them thicker as you can see from the chart that makes you see these patterns clearly.

Yes, great idea, in the meantime I will search for one, there should be one somewhere

GBPJAP and how I see it

I did a video file it was 2 AM when I did, its around 80MEG i did not want to compress it so you can see the images , no sound on the file

the main idea is to be able to trsut your self and to be able to read the charts and know the history of a currency pair

the file is a bit too big and I zipped it as html and flash

sorry if i did any mistakes it was a long day

here is the link to download the FILE

this link is valid for 30 days only I am sorry but thats is not my site

Reason: