Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 89

Dear Codes GURU,

I was just wondering... were is the option the open up a NEW THREAD...

SORRY for asking, could not find it...

yours truly

AZRUL...

12BPRO:
Dear Codes GURU,

I was just wondering... were is the option the open up a NEW THREAD...

SORRY for asking, could not find it...

yours truly

AZRUL...

Go to a section and you will find it (see the example) :

Files:

mladen:
Go to a section and you will find it (see the example) :

Dear SIR MLADEN,

Thank you SIR, I was looking in the wrong TAB... (Newest activity)

Should be in the Forums TAB...

Thank you SIR for you time....

yours truly

AZRUL...

Dear Codes GURU,

Is this NORMAL when I first started my terminal the CPU usage registered at about 1,013,+++ K (1.013mb)

and then after awhile let say 45 minutes later the CPU usage came down to 795,+++ K

without changing anything.... there is no error....

With all the changes going on here with MT4, some assurance would be good....

your advice and expertise is highly appreciated

yours truly

AZRUL...

12BPRO:
Dear Codes GURU,

Is this NORMAL when I first started my terminal the CPU usage registered at about 1,013,+++ K (1.013mb)

and then after awhile let say 45 minutes later the CPU usage came down to 795,+++ K

without changing anything.... there is no error....

With all the changes going on here with MT4, some assurance would be good....

your advice and expertise is highly appreciated

yours truly

AZRUL...

AZRUL

With this new metatrader 4 all is "normal"

With each new build theya re just piling up problems and no solutions. They have big, big problems with memory handling in the new metatrader 4 and it seems that they are not able to solve it

mladen:
AZRUL

With this new metatrader 4 all is "normal"

With each new build theya re just piling up problems and no solutions. They have big, big problems with memory handling in the new metatrader 4 and it seems that they are not able to solve it

Dear SIR MLADEN,

It very is scary to hear this SIR, having problem with MEMORY HANDLING...

which means that if we hit the max memory(don't know what size) our indicator is not working any more and the sad part of it everything seam to be working.... unless you look into the journal

Hope & PRAY they solve this soon....

yours truly,

AZRUL...

12BPRO:
Dear SIR MLADEN,

It very is scary to hear this SIR, having problem with MEMORY HANDLING...

which means that if we hit the max memory(don't know what size) our indicator is not working any more and the sad part of it everything seam to be working.... unless you look into the journal

Hope & PRAY they solve this soon....

yours truly,

AZRUL...

AZRUL

The biggest problem new metatrader has is the garbage collector. Imagine this : you create an array in a procedure. Procedure does it's work and when it finishes the array should be freed. And now imagine what happens when it is not done.

The other thing : did you notice that when you switch from metatrader to some other program, you sometimes still see metatrader parts? And so on, and so on, ...

I want to retrieve the -20 aand -80 values of the williams indicator so that -20% and -80% read the vertical scale values e.g. the minus 20 line would give me the value say 1.3046 (on eurusd) in an EA variable any help please?

Files:
wpr.mq4  3 kb
pic1.jpg  87 kb

increase:
I want to retrieve the -20 aand -80 values of the williams indicator so that -20% and -80% read the vertical scale values e.g. the minus 20 line would give me the value say 1.3046 (on eurusd) in an EA variable any help please?

increase

I am not sure that I understand, but I am assuming that you would like the know what would be the price if wpr value was -20 or -80. If so, that would need reversing the indicator, but since wpr uses 3 prices, there is no solution that could fit into some acceptable range

mladen:
increase I am not sure that I understand, but I am assuming that you would like the know what would be the price if wpr value was -20 or -80. If so, that would need reversing the indicator, but since wpr uses 3 prices, there is no solution that could fit into some acceptable range

Hi Mladen thanks for your help, I am using another indicator which gives me the price as it moves, so I want to say something like, if a > -20 do place sell but instead of -20 it would be the price value of -20

Reason: