Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 93

Just don't hang in the demo for too long. Get rid of it after a good 4-6 months top imo.

arigoldman:
Just don't hang in the demo for too long. Get rid of it after a good 4-6 months top imo.

Or start wit a small (I mean small) account

checkin:
Or start wit a small (I mean small) account

That is always the best way - what way you know how it feels when you lose money (real money)

on my own:
That is always the best way - what way you know how it feels when you lose money (real money)

Completely different when you lose even 1 real dollar than &1 million on demo

I agree with you. It is better to trade on real account: even micro, rather then on demo. As you will face real attitude to trading, not "demo"

mozyrdrew:
I agree with you. It is better to trade on real account: even micro, rather then on demo. As you will face real attitude to trading, not "demo"

So true ...

Always use a small real account

Loosing demo money will never show you the real tension you will experience in real trading

i have tried to ask in another thread, however, haven't get any response.

I think I can ask here.

my question is regarding slippage. Here is a key point - your demo trading is not so sensitive to it.

However, guys, have you ever calculated how much do you lose on slippages?

mozyrdrew:
i have tried to ask in another thread, however, haven't get any response.

I think I can ask here.

my question is regarding slippage. Here is a key point - your demo trading is not so sensitive to it.

However, guys, have you ever calculated how much do you lose on slippages?

mozyrdrew

That is the fee that you are paying your broker for them being an intermediate between you and forex market (even ECN brokers have that fee, but they use commissions instead of spreads). So, you are not losing, but paying a service that otherwise you could not access

thx for your answer. However I understand that I pay commission - this is cost 1, I pay spread - even if it 1 pips - this is cost 2, and I pay for slippages - this is cost 3. As for me cost 1 and cost 2 - are quite stable and I can calculate it, however, cost 3 is changeable, so today I can get positive slipaage +10pips, but tomorrow get negative -100. So, my key question, as you trade with ECN broker, you have a strategy, you have a potential gain, as you have calculated it on you historical data, so how much do you count for slippages??

Reason: