How to change default template for EA testing

Hello, 

I managed to change the default templates so every new chart I open I have the right colors, but when I'm testing my EA and custom indicators I still get the old default template.

How can I change that?

thanks,

Giulio 

as far as I know it's not possible since b600+  :((

You can only save an EA and use this as your template

gooly:

as far as I know it's not possible since b600+  :((

You can only save an EA and use this as your template

Of course it's possible, why not ?

For "live" chart, save your template as default.tpl

For "tester" chart, save your template as tester.tpl

For "debug" chart, save your template as debug.tpl.

ohh, ok, sorry you are right, I mixed that up with the templates for new EAs or indicators - sorry!

Wonderful, thanks a lot :) 

Alain Verleyen:

Of course it's possible, why not ?

For "live" chart, save your template as default.tpl

For "tester" chart, save your template as tester.tpl

For "debug" chart, save your template as debug.tpl.

For tester, one timeframe in one sheet. Only the first sheet is correct, these another sheet is incorrect.  How to resolve?

Nguyen Van Luong:

For tester, one timeframe in one sheet. Only the first sheet is correct, these another sheet is incorrect.  How to resolve?

Im also having the same problem...

When testing multi currency EAs in the strategy tester, I am using various indicators on different timeframes.

so essentiallty when the tester launches there will be a chart open for each symbol and also each timeframe being used on that symbol. 

EG. Im using Bollinger bands on 5m and ADX on 15m timeframe for USDJPY AND USDCAD. I will end up with 4 charts open, the 5min and 15min for both symbols.

I've tried..

Default.tpl
tester.tpl
ea-name.tpl

none of these solutions have worked. they only change the chart for whatever symbol the strategy tester has been set to. not the other charts and symbols.

I've also tried ChartRedraw() but its not working..

ChartApplyTemplate() isnt appropriate as It would remove the EA.

Anyone got any advice it would be much appreciated!

Josh Van Riel:

When testing multi currency EAs in the strategy tester, I am using various indicators on different timeframes.

You can't test multi currencies in the tester.

Nguyen Van Luong #:

Has anyone find a way to solve this? This is also my experience. Only the first chart/sheet gets the revised Default template. When you change the pair in MT5 backtesting, the new pair's chart would not show the revised Default template. 

Same situation, tester.tpl apply just on the first chart, not on the other timeframes/symbols visualization charts. If anyone has a solution could be really helpful

Anyone with the solution?
Reason: