Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 61

chris,

First about "repainting" : when using multi time frame it is showing the complete time slice of the target time frame and I guess that that is what you are referring to as "repainting". In multi time frame updating values at every bar that belongs to the target time frame is not considered repainting. Regardless of the method used : interpolated or non-interpolated, all the bars belonging to a time slice are updated, if the target bar in the target time frame is still opened (current bar). If it is closed (previous and older bars in the target time frame) since their values are not changed any more, even if they get recalculated the values must be the same as before and are thus not repainted (they are not changed)

Of interpolation : interpolation used in indicators you are reffering to is linear interpolation. The "trick" is the following : in order to get "more readable" values instead of assigning same value to every bar of the time slice drawn, values between the first and the last point of that time slice are linearly interpolated. As an example, see the picture and imagine : red points are known values and blue lines are interpolated values among the red points
Some additional information about linear interpolation : Linear interpolation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

regards

mladen

chris1010:
On some indicators there is a setting in the inputs tab that gives the choice of whether have the indicator should function as interpolated or non-interpolated. What does that mean exactly? Does it mean the indicator will re-paint if the input choice is set as non-interpolated? Thank you. Chris

tool bar lost in mt4

Dear friends:

when i start my mt4 platform, i fount all the toobar and the navigator window , the terminal windown was lost, i need to reopen all of them. Could you please tell me how to open it automatically when i start my mt4.

Using Time Frames Problem???

Probably a silly question, when I change the Time Frame from Weekly to Daily, or whatever, the Chart starts at the Beginning of the period, not at the end (today) from which I switched..

How to correct this??

Auto scroll

trustdoc7:
Probably a silly question, when I change the Time Frame from Weekly to Daily, or whatever, the Chart starts at the Beginning of the period, not at the end (today) from which I switched.. How to correct this??

Hi Trustdoc,

I think you need to turn on the auto scroll, its on the toolbar between the zoom out and chart shift buttons.

Swagman

Not All Custom Indicators showing in the Navigator???

Hi, the List of Indicators in the Navigator Window only goes to the Letter T... It won't show the rest. Haved logged out and in several times...

???

How many you have?

You just can't show up +300

Linuxser:
How many you have? You just can't show up +300

Nah, less than 300. I shifted some, but it still stops at T, Triggerlines2...

trustdoc7:
Nah, less than 300. I shifted some, but it still stops at T, Triggerlines2...

Rebuild cache and if no luck, remove more indies

Linuxser:
Rebuild cache and if no luck, remove more indies

Have Uninstalled MT4 and reinstalled...!!!!

Still the same...

Moving of the metatrader 4 folder

Can any one tell me why after moving the whole metatrader 4 folder from one location to another. The mailbox in metatrader is empty and i have to put in the password to login to the account. Is it not possible to move the whole folder with out anything missing after it has been moved ?

Reason: