Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 46

alannahforex:
Here I am asking my question again. The first time I asked the question, I guess I posted in the wrong place, so I apologize. Hopefully my posting will not be deleted pleaaaase. I have an IBFX account and the connection always get interrupted. I don't mean my internet connection, but the connection on MT4. So my question is if my EA opened a position and then MT4 connection is lost of 30 seconds to a few minutes, what would happen to the open trade. Will my EA still close the open position for me or will it not because of the short lapse in connection on MT4. Does anyone ever experience this on MT4?

From my experience:

sometimes, when I am very tired - I am closing Metatrader at night with open trades and go to sleep. I know that no any EA will trade, no any stop loss will be moved by trailing stop, no any EA or system will open any trades.

Trades will be closed by stop loss or take profit.

If I have 1 or 2 profitable trades and I am very tired so I placed stop loss to profitable area, estimating and place take profit, and I close Metatrader.

The trades will be closed anyway by tp or sl.

I did it many times.

Hello all traders, where to start ???

New to the forum, new to forex. Totally confused as there are so many systems and so much information. This forum is excellent with all the info. The problem I have for an example is, I don't know how to program. I have tried to put stuff into MT 4 , expert etc., and cannot attach to chart. I was successful with synergy template. People post EA's and files and what I understand is that you have to program them in with code or something like that. I know I may sound stupid, but any question is a good question. I have bought and basically discarded Fapturbo and Ivybot, trading robots. Fapturbo made about 3 per cent over 3 months and ivybot has only made one trade in a month and half, as it is a trending robot. Not impressed, but that is life, so I am still learning. I have a demo account and I am trying to use info off of this site to apply a trading system. A lot of rambling, sorry. Now for the actual question I have. If you join the Elite section, will you get entry point, exit point, stop loss for trades while you are learning, and will the pros give some input as to what trading system they use. I know, for trading systems, read posts, but while I am reading, will I get trades from the pros that I can use. Thanks for this forum, and keep up the good work.

Start with free sections.

With this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

Then go to this section and fine the systems which you like and the systems which you will comfortable with. And remember: authorsofthe most systems, indicators and the EAs are on this forum and some of them are very active members of the forum Trading systems - Forex Trading

Elite

Tks New digital

Will be checking out these threads. What about the elite subscription.

Do you get entry, exit, stop loss etc., from traders if you join? This way you can earn and learn sort of. Tks again.

Elite section is not trading room.

It is the forum with EAs, indicators, rading systems, forward testing results and so on.

Thanks for the quick response. I have been reading and reading, and now ran into problem with compiler. Found out on the forum how to fix. Good forum, thanks again.

Metatrader

What are the benefits of using metatrader?

MT4 Issue - ORDER Button

I have opened a DEMO with another broker, the strange thing is that there is no ORDER drop down when I pull up all the prices of the pairs, and the ORDER icon at the top is grey'ed out. Any ideas how to enable it?

===================================================================================================

OK, I found out the issue depended upon which method the acct was created, it had to be created through the main account window.

u know how install dll in metrader?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178276

i have install indicator BPNN Predictor with RSI.mq4

in indicator in meta editor

but how install dll in meta editor and where?

i have install in expert/libraries

but when i add the indicators on the charts it make nothing

help please

Cant get any EA to place a trade

For some reason I cannot get any EA to place a trade on my FXCM demo account. I have "Allow Live Trading" checked and "Ask for Manual Confirmation" unchecked but it wont place trades. However when I check "Manual Confirmation" I do get the place order window opened when a trade (should be) initiated. Anybody know what I've done wrong?

Reason: