SkyDART - page 4

MrPip:
Thanks to SkyDart and theSource for this thread. I will be adding this idea to my todo list for develpment of an EA.

I will be using my EA for DIN_Kuskus_v1.8 as a template so it will not take that long to modify for this method.

Robert

having Mrpip here is like having a gold mine.

False Trade Filter

Thanx MiniMe

Will use that today. Visually it shows up great. Will see how it reacts live

MiniMe:
Best setting for Damiani is 10 60 1.4 Ture that will take care of 90% of the noise ... below these setting you will have false entry.

Thanks and the best regards

Settings for Damiani

MiniMe:
Best setting for Damiani is 10 60 1.4 Ture that will take care of 90% of the noise ... below these setting you will have false entry.

This is true for the 30 minute timeframe for the GBPUSD. That is all I tested so far. The 1 hour time frame might use different values.

Robert

checking rules for coding EA

I went over the rules for this ea and have a question regarding settings for indicators.

Are the settings in the template the ones to use for defaults?

For the CCI which CCI should be above or below 0 to place the trade, trend or entry or both?

Looking at the indicator code and the settings used will allow for xpMA and CCI to be coded in the EA. xpMA settings show using EMA on the close. This might also happen for Waddah from what I can tell in the code.

So the EA might not need custom indicators.

Robert

Files:
cabel1.gif  16 kb

Damiani

I am just trying to understand the Indicator.

I think that for a second trade logic an confirmation like the Damiani would be ideal. So for example you have say 3 confirmations for the initial trade and 4 for the second. This might help where you have sudden minor trends forming, followed by a retracement and then a continuation of trend.

I find that Damiani Indicates a beter Trade Zone on the 1H TF than on 30min TF(more stable) If used as an confirmation it might block some trade but the chances of single trades been succesful looks higher.

Right now SkyDART is showing what I expected. The silence before the storm, GDP announcement coming. I am staying out till about an hour after it.

MrPIP can you please insert into the EA that it has the option to allow the user to indentify account type. I do testing on Interbank Mini, Live.

I also have a request that the EA checks the spread. If it increases due to news that it doesn't place any trades. I don't know if this works code wise, but it has some human logic for non-fundamental trading

Second Level trade

thesource:
I am just trying to understand the Indicator.

I think that for a second trade logic an confirmation like the Damiani would be ideal. So for example you have say 3 confirmations for the initial trade and 4 for the second. This might help where you have sudden minor trends forming, followed by a retracement and then a continuation of trend.

I find that Damiani Indicates a beter Trade Zone on the 1H TF than on 30min TF(more stable) If used as an confirmation it might block some trade but the chances of single trades been succesful looks higher.

Right now SkyDART is showing what I expected. The silence before the storm, GDP announcement coming. I am staying out till about an hour after it.

MrPIP can you please insert into the EA that it has the option to allow the user to indentify account type. I do testing on Interbank Mini, Live.

I also have a request that the EA checks the spread. If it increases due to news that it doesn't place any trades. I don't know if this works code wise, but it has some human logic for non-fundamental trading

This is the first I have heard of Second level trade. It sounds like you use CCI to place second trade.

I have code for placing additional trades in an EA I wrote for the Yahoo group called TriplePlayTesting. What it lacks is a good entry strategy. I can make the modifications to check CCI above or below the 100 levels to place additional trades. Then when drops back to 100 or 80 or ?? exit the trade.

I traded using CCI for a while but found too many ZLRs become Shamus so stopped using it except for confirmation.

I always have account type in the code for the money management function, however I have found problems with IBFX. They use 1 lot to mean $1000 for standard lot on standard account, 0.1 for $100 minilots on standard account. For mini account they use 1 lot for $100 minilot instead of 0.1.

I have thought about checking spread as a filter but what to do if you are already in a position before news. Aslo backtest will not work because you only really have the bid in the history files so no way to know that the spread is wider. Forward test will work.

And if the news is in your favor you could miss a large move. I look at this as a 50-50 chance. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Hopefily the wins will be larger than the losses.

Robert

Wadah Atar Indicator and its yellow line

I have ben following the creater of the wadah Indicater in the ARABIC FORUM wher he introduced his indicater and one of his important rules with regards to taking a trade is the yellow line must be headed in an upward move not flat. If it is flat even if it is above the dead zone you are taking bigger risk, so I belive n post 29, Stace los that trade because he entered while the yellow line is flat, also you guys using the exploisive wadah atar indicater or the latest version of it which he calls it the golden explosive wadah atar indicater?

If you are using the first one, I think you should use the golden one, its much better.

Regards

Rateb

Explosion Gold

Here you go.

I am currently checking out the best Dead Zone pip amounts across pairs. If anyone has been doing this please post. I stayed out today as mostly the market was to indecisive as to the GDP

Files:
Reason: