Waddah Attar Explosion Indicator

NOTE

If you are new to this indicator, Ihave started the strategy thread here. I do however also encourage reading this thread for some back ground. Thank you.

I found this very interesting indicator created by Waddar Attar on the Codebase site.

His take on the use is

"Indicator Waddah_Attar_Explosion is very powerful. It alerts you to buy , sell , exit buy and exit sell." source:https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7051

From a visual check it looks very promising.

Let play with it and see how effective it is.

The author suggests 30TF and 1H TF

How do you use the indicator to alert buy, sell etc?

Isakas

I am testing it with Isakas right now.

I wouldn't recommend it as a stand alone indicator. I will invite the authot over to this forum to shed some more light on it

But I think by mixing it up with the knowledge on this forum we can put together a nice combination and strategy

thesource:
I am testing it with Isakas right now.

I wouldn't recommend it as a stand alone indicator. I will invite the authot over to this forum to shed some more light on it

But I think by mixing it up with the knowledge on this forum we can put together a nice combination and strategy

Good one, I am tryin g it, but it does not seem to alert?

Used it on a live account today. Nice confirmation to isakas that I am mainly looking.

The thing that drives me crazy is that it beeps in every tick. Is there a way to disable that?

I closed the trade at 20pips. Waiting to see when and if there will be a signal from Waddah to close position.

Alert Setting

Under the inputs you can set the Alert Count to the amount of alerts you want to receive.

The Default is 500. So this can be set to user preference.

I didn't have a change to trade today so I will actively start live testing on Monday

How is the indicator used? Is it any different from others?

It gave me a good sell signal, repeated a dozen times, then I did not get an exit signal even when the trade started to move away?

It seem so be similar to the juice indicator but has a lot more potential , but it has some problems

increase:
It gave me a good sell signal, repeated a dozen times, then I did not get an exit signal even when the trade started to move away? It seem so be similar to the juice indicator but has a lot more potential , but it has some problems

What kind of problem?

Devil2000:
What kind of problem?

Like I said problems in the alert section, I received a good sell alert, but then no exit.

When the price then moved into a buy I got no alert at all

thesource:
Under the inputs you can set the Alert Count to the amount of alerts you want to receive.

The Default is 500. So this can be set to user preference.

I didn't have a change to trade today so I will actively start live testing on Monday

I think that is where the problem lies, I set it to 2 and got no alerts, I will try disabling the number of alerts in the code and will try it again next week, I think it might be a good indicator and worth persuing

Reason: