Stops are the way to go. - page 13

Edic:

Stoops are the way to the ****hole.

To put it mildly, Stops are a path to nowhere.

Of course, there are some kind of fixed stops in mind. And similar profits too). Everything has to be decided based on the specific circumstances as the play unfolds

Yuriy Asaulenko:

To put it mildly, Stops are the way to nowhere.

Of course, there are some kind of fixed stops in mind. And similar profits, too). Everything should be decided based on the specific circumstances as the play unfolds

Yes, you are right, position closing should be determined by a certain algorithm for closing a position! There is NO other way ... If a trader does not understand this simple thing, I feel sorry for him ...

The algorithm for closing a position is a mathematically well-founded mechanism for changing some kind of trend in the pair's movement, which excludes a pullback in this pattern ...

Совершение сделок - Торговые операции - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Торговая деятельность в платформе связана с формированием и отсылкой рыночных и отложенных ордеров для исполнения брокером, а также с управлением текущими позициями путем их модификации или закрытия. Платформа позволяет удобно просматривать торговую историю на счете, настраивать оповещения о событиях на рынке и многое другое. Открытие позиций...

Serqey Nikitin:

Yes, you are right! Closing a position must be DEFINED by a closing algorithm!!! There are NO other options... If some trader does not understand this simple thing, I feel sorry for him...

The algorithm of closing positions is a mathematically well-founded mechanism of changing some trend in the pair's movement, which excludes a price pullback in this scheme ...

You cannot limit a trader to anything except trading at a loss. If the trading is successful, all strategies are suitable, and the trader can be forgiven for everything. )

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

That is, you have a steady signal to open a position that lasts for several bars, and after the end of its signalling you put a stop loss under the bar at which the signal disappeared?

Stop Loss is set at the moment when you open the position. Take is not placed, because the tactic is a counter-trend. A compensating order is placed at the same time with the take, which provides the breakeven point or its similar.

The signal does not last, the signal is an event and the event is a one-time event. The destruction of the signal is also an event.

• www.metatrader5.com
Торговая деятельность в платформе связана с формированием и отсылкой рыночных и отложенных ордеров для исполнения брокером, а также с управлением текущими позициями путем их модификации или закрытия. Платформа позволяет удобно просматривать торговую историю на счете, настраивать оповещения о событиях на рынке и многое другое. Открытие позиций...

And yet the stops are information to think about, revealing unprofitable information

I can only add:

well, well...

)

Renat Akhtyamov:

And yet the stops are information to think about, revealing unprofitable information

I can only add:

well, well...

)

If I opened a position, it is logical to close it on SL at the moment I see that I should not have opened it. At the moment when the signal to open will collapse.

Алексей Тарабанов:

If I opened a position, it is logical to close it on SL the moment I see that I should not have opened it. At the moment when the signal to open will collapse.

will collapse, with a probability of more than 0.5, if the quote

Renat Akhtyamov:
Would collapse, with a probability of more than 0.5 if the quote-booker got wind of it

It will simply collapse. With no probability and no quoter.

Renat Akhtyamov:
It will collapse, with a probability of more than 0.5, if the quote-booker gets wind of it.

Renat, it's quite simple.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Stops are the way to success.

Without protective stops, trading is doomed to failure. Most players in the financial markets know this.

Optimizing stop orders has been on my mind for many years. I think I am not the only one.

I would like to hear the opinion of experienced traders and programmers in this field, for you-know-what).

There are situations when the price shoots down the stop and goes back to the profit side of the position. Therefore, I make a slightly larger stop in my EAs, and in its place there is a virtual stop(horizontal line). If a candlestick decides to exit the virtual stop, the trade will close when the price reaches the standard stop. Or when the candle closes behind the virtual stop. If the price on a candle that has exited the virtual stop moves back, the position will not close and may exit in profit, instead of a knocked down stop loss, in the case of a regular stop.

Reason: