4TF Bars: Indicators and Ideas - page 6

As its name is saying , it is multi time frame

And, as it was explained a lot of times, multi time frame indicators must update the state of each bar belonging to the target time frame bar and it is not considered a "reapainting" but a normal multi time frame working

Multi time framing has nothing to do with the way how adjustable period fractal works : please read about fractals and the adjustable periods fractals : they can change the state of the last fractal signal (as any peak seeking indicator does : zigzag, fractals, any , but any peak seeking ..., so, in your terms, yes, adjustable period fractals can "repaint")

Also, it might be good to read this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general where it was originally posted and with some more explanation how "fractals" work

halthiya:
kindly any one expaline this indicator repaint or non repaint ( i cant test now off market hour )

Hello guys, thank you for the amazing job of coding these tools that are quite impressive.

I recently started to think to implement a strategy that uses different values of SAR since this indicator tells when price is trending and makes things much more easier.

What I wanted to ask you is if the 4Parabolic Sar does any repaint or has any problem with interpolation.

Unfortunately I tried other indicators that uses more Psar on different timeframes but they all repaint or use interpolated data. The backtest looks amazing but in real live market the signal would be wrong.

Thanks in advance, Francesco.

Kummel:
Hello guys, thank you for the amazing job of coding these tools that are quite impressive.

I recently started to think to implement a strategy that uses different values of SAR since this indicator tells when price is trending and makes things much more easier.

What I wanted to ask you is if the 4Parabolic Sar does any repaint or has any problem with interpolation.

Unfortunately I tried other indicators that uses more Psar on different timeframes but they all repaint or use interpolated data. The backtest looks amazing but in real live market the signal would be wrong.

Thanks in advance, Francesco.

Hi Francesco,

The Parabolic Sar this indicator is using doesn't repaint and there is no interpolation.

Hell all. Is anybody still using this expert advisor ? I wanted to use it with manual confirmation.

When I run it in the strategy tester I see an error in the journal that says: unknown subwindow number.

Do you know how can I sort this error ?

By the way the EA seems that does not trade.

Kummel

What EA are you referring to?

At this thread there is no EA posted (all posted code here are indicators, not EAs, so they never were intended to trade and, since they are indicatorrs, they can not manage trading part - metatrader does not allow that)

PS: the "unknown subwindow number" will happen when you call any of the 4 time frame indicators from anothe code via iCustom(). They are not intended to be used from EAs (you can do what they are accomplishing froman EA in a simple and faster way, these are intended for visualizing 4 time frames in one window as a help to traders)

Kummel:
Hell all. Is anybody still using this expert advisor ? I wanted to use it with manual confirmation.

When I run it in the strategy tester I see an error in the journal that says: unknown subwindow number.

Do you know how can I sort this error ?

By the way the EA seems that does not trade.

Hello Mladen thank for you for the answer. I replied in the wrong thread. Sorry for the mistake.

I wanted to implement your code into an expert advisor to use in manual mode.

Is is possible to silent the error "unknown subwindow number" ? At the moment I put a comment around object creation.

Another question about the buffer values if you do not mind. Is correct to read the buffers in the way I am coding ?

double buf_1_up, buf_1_down;

buf_1_up = iCustom(Symbol(), Period(), "indicator", 0, 1);

buf_1_down = iCustom(Symbol(), Period(), "indicator", 1, 1);

/***I check if buffer is up if is different from EMPTY_VALUE **/

if (buf_1_up != EMPTY_VALUE && buf_1_down == EMPTY_VALUE) {

//buffer is up

}

Kummel

Of buffers : it is a correct way and you are going to get (in 4 time frame indicator) current time frame values

Of that error : it is happening because the indicator is trying to create the labels on the right side telling which row belongs to which time frame. It is happening only once (the first time you call the indicator) so it will not slow down the execution if that is your concern since it is not in the loop. If you would like to avoid it completely then the indicators would need to be additionally coded. The simplest way is to find the line that goes like this :

int window = WindowFind(UniqueID);

and add this after that line

if (window!=-1)

and you should not have that error any more

Kummel:
Hello Mladen thank for you for the answer. I replied in the wrong thread. Sorry for the mistake.

I wanted to implement your code into an expert advisor to use in manual mode.

Is is possible to silent the error "unknown subwindow number" ? At the moment I put a comment around object creation.

Another question about the buffer values if you do not mind. Is correct to read the buffers in the way I am coding ?

double buf_1_up, buf_1_down;

buf_1_up = iCustom(Symbol(), Period(), "indicator", 0, 1);

buf_1_down = iCustom(Symbol(), Period(), "indicator", 1, 1);

/***I check if buffer is up if is different from EMPTY_VALUE **/

if (buf_1_up != EMPTY_VALUE && buf_1_down == EMPTY_VALUE) {

//buffer is up

}

Correct parabolic sar

HELLO MLADEN, In post 10 you said the SAR used in that 4 tf version is the correct one without the error in the metatrader version, can you please post the CORRECT VERSION of the PARABOLIC SAR in its original ON CHART DESIGN, THANKS FOR THE GREAT WORK.

winner246

Correct parabolic SAR indicator are posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177358/page5

winner246:
HELLO MLADEN, In post 10 you said the SAR used in that 4 tf version is the correct one without the error in the metatrader version, can you please post the CORRECT VERSION of the PARABOLIC SAR in its original ON CHART DESIGN, THANKS FOR THE GREAT WORK.

Mladen Please help find the indicator 4Time Chinkou Smoothed Histo

Reason: