XO_Method REVISED - page 33

Hi Valeo!

I look forward to more of your generous leadership .

I realise a lot of people know about divergence, and that there's excellent threads discussing it ( --- I linked to it above) but when I personally started trading XO method many moons ago, in fact before it was released to public, I did not know, so there's going to be newbies who haven't got the basics. I did not know what "bearish engulfing" meant --- and why would I? So I posted the above so someone else doesn't have to go through the same thing. Forgive me please ValeoFX for hijacking your thread.

stevebateson:
I think this is the good news...the new thread, the new version of the system --- and the fact there is no ea and we can be traders!

You've got it Steve. All the way. I just hope that my improved version does not "upset" you guys too much, but believe me it is doing what I always wanted it to do. So for today, we will shortly start on the Daily chart although my preference has switched to the 8-Hourly-chart!! I hope you know how to construct such an "animal" but I will make allowance for those NOT familiar with the construction of charts NOT usually found on MT4.

BTW, I read that MT5 is being released shortly?? Any idea (anyone) whether our indicators will be "accepted" by the latest version?

Talk to you all shortly. BTW, I just banked +70 pips on the short and remember my location is GMT+2. (Today Thursday 10th - just to let you know that I managed to get another 92 pips out iof this trade for a total of +162 for the day).

Good trading and best wishes, always.

suk1000k:
I realise a lot of people know about divergence, and that there's excellent threads discussing it ( --- I linked to it above) but when I personally started trading XO method many moons ago, in fact before it was released to public, I did not know, so there's going to be newbies who haven't got the basics. I did not know what "bearish engulfing" meant --- and why would I? So I posted the above so someone else doesn't have to go through the same thing. Forgive me please ValeoFX for hijacking your thread.

SUK, IF more traders will have your commitment to improving everyone else's understanding of the trading process, this world will be a much better place. Thank you for your excellent contribution!! You are NOT high-jacking this thread, in fact I welcome contributions like yours with open arms.

If you can, I would appreciate you carrying on so that everyone can understand the concept better. And not only just that, anything you feel can be beneficial to this Thread is welcomed.

Wishing you a great day, my friend.

Poocher:
Hi Valeo! I look forward to more of your generous leadership .

Thank you Poocher, it is quite a humbling experience, but I look forward to us achieving great success together.

Best wishes.

H8-chart

Please understand that the H8-chart is NOT a regular chart on MT4 as yet (I hope it will change with MT5).

So, what you have to do first is to open an HOURLY chartand attach to this chart the indicator called Period_Converter_Opt. Under INPUTS, look for the 3rd line which says: "PeriodMultiplier" and choose 8 for the H8-chart to be formed. Now minimise this chart UNLESS you wish to use it as a "normal" HOURLY Chart (which I do by the way) to save on extra open charts. (This indicator is loaded seperately for your convenience)

Now go to File > Open Offline and double click on say GBPUSD,H8 (or any other currency you are trading).

Immediately you have the 8-HR-CHART available. Now you may use the H8-Template I am supplying you with and you will have the trading H8-chart.

My H8-chart up-dates, but some of my friends complain that theirs don't. All you have to do then is to just call up another chart every 8 hours and that is no big deal anyway. The reason behind the 8-hour chart is that on average, we trade 2 of those candles per day and that is by far more accurate than the Daily chart.

The next chart down is the H4 and I will also place that immediately after this one.

Attach you will find the zipped file with everything you need and seperately a screen-print so that you can compare.

By the way, I am testing a home-grown indicator by my friend Gerhard (DayTrader) and that is the little arrows you see in Magenta and Aqua. So far it is doing what it should (RSI-based whatelse ) BUT for the life of me, we cannot get it to work in combination as yet. Mladen is trying to help us sort this problem and until such time, just bear with me. Personally I like to believe that we need it.

Let me know if there is anything I should explain better.

Best wishes.

Files:

Be back in 30m to post H4-chart

Sorry for the slight delay, but the H4-chart will be up in 30m.

Thanks Valeo

We need a library file "winuser32.mqh" for the period converter

Can you post it, it seems i not have it

Thanks

period converter

check DLL IMPORT, and chart will be alive.

Reason: