10point3 Hedge - page 8

Trader83:
I'am agree that Fibo way of opening positions is much safier,but still we are not safe as there can be a 200 pips move that will take us to the lovely date with Mr.Margin Call. So I propose the following: open limited number of positions, let's say, 4 in one block that is 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.5 and stop at 0.8. Won't we have a profit after that? You tripled your account, and even if it will be reduced by 2/3 from 15k to 5k, the return on your initial deposit of 5k will be 100% a month instead of 300% as it is now. Or I miss smth?

I haven't done the calculations, but I believe it would be a lot less than 2/3 profitable. It may not even be profitable at all. The system as is relies on those few big winning trades at 1.6 and 3.2 lots to make up for a bunch of small losses.

The system as is relies on those few big winning trades at 1.6 and 3.2 lots to make up for a bunch of small losses.

Have you counted how many times the block orders reached 1.6 and 3.2 lot size, and how many times we had 0.1-0.8 lot positions? And it is not necessary that when it is reached on GBP\USD we'll have the same situation on EUR\USD and USD\JPY. Plus CHF\USD and USD\CAD or AUD\USD, so good diversification can be achieved. Btw, Goblin opens positions following some logic, not randomly, I guess. And if we choose broker with leverage 1:500, the needed initial deposit will be not so big, therefore increasing the return on investments.

Can anybody explain how InitialStop, Account Protection and OrderstoProtect function and for what purpose they are used? Thanks for help in advance!

Trader83:
I'am agree that Fibo way of opening positions is much safier,but still we are not safe as there can be a 200 pips move that will take us to the lovely date with Mr.Margin Call. So I propose the following: open limited number of positions, let's say, 4 in one block that is 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.5 and stop at 0.8. Won't we have a profit after that? You tripled your account, and even if it will be reduced by 2/3 from 15k to 5k, the return on your initial deposit of 5k will be 100% a month instead of 300% as it is now. Or I miss smth?

I think, time management, small solution. Dont trade big news. Look calendar news at forexfactory.com, if two and more RED news, close all position and switch off EA. Dont trade friday, dont open new trade! For example MIG, need friday margin level 100% and more!!!

Stop progresion , after lots >= for example 4, maybe... I dont know.

What David????

I need any equity protection.

frantacech! can you please describe in brief how these options work?

InitialStop - Stop loss of all positions? For example, if it is 50 and pipstep 18, the block of orders will be closed when second position of 0.2 lot achieves -16 pips?

Account Protection and OrderstoProtect?

frantacech:
I think, time management, small solution. Dont trade big news. Look calendar news at forexfactory.com, if two and more RED news, close all position and switch off EA. Dont trade friday, dont open new trade! For example MIG, need friday margin level 100% and more!!!

Stop progresion , after lots >= for example 4, maybe... I dont know.

What David????

I need any equity protection.

No idea. Lose to competition. Feeling down... Meanwhile, I've revised PipButcher, may be you guys interested on it. Included feature is suitable for micro account, tighter stop loss, better return solution. Will start running live after taking out the older version which once in a while will pick a big hit. Especially NFP, I'll let it run under live trading environment in my smallest account. 400 bucks to find out whether the code is realiable, might worth it.

Trader83:

InitialStop - Stop loss of all positions? For example, if it is 50 and pipstep 18, the block of orders will be closed when second position of 0.2 lot achieves -16 pips?

If there is announcement, you need not need to switch off that little monster. All the martingale EA are the prophets who knows which is the spike direction. If you're in slight profit during the announcement, close it off, because the announcement will not favor your positions. If you're in great loss, say already 3rd level position, you're in 50/50, dont know which direction it will go. If you're in deep shit before the announcement, which is MAXED trade, and awaiting margin call, congratulations, you're on the right track, all your position is meant to close with profit, spike will be on your favor. That is the pattern of the SPIKE.

davidke20:
No idea. Lose to competition. Feeling down... Meanwhile, I've revised PipButcher, may be you guys interested on it. Included feature is suitable for micro account, tighter stop loss, better return solution. Will start running live after taking out the older version which once in a while will pick a big hit. Especially NFP, I'll let it run under live trading environment in my smallest account. 400 bucks to find out whether the code is realiable, might worth it.

Hi ur a good guy man davidke20 but I dont think u know what ur doing with the programming on these ea. It seem like you and evryone just keep trying all kind of random fixes and settings with no real plan. I buyed an ea off ebay since I got tire of it all.

shibeng:
Hi ur a good guy man davidke20 but I dont think u know what ur doing with the programming on these ea. It seem like you and evryone just keep trying all kind of random fixes and settings with no real plan. I buyed an ea off ebay since I got tire of it all.

No worries mate. Good for you, hope you get them run and make you a big chunk from the small money you invested on ebay. Good luck

Regards,

David

To frantacech,

have you tried to hedge not by opening setting ReverseSignal = 1, but by setting in MT options for one window ONLY SHORT positions, and for another window ONLY LONG positions? EA choose the direction which can increase the probability of right enter, so when there will be absolute signal for buying, there will be one position in the market, and if the trend is up, EA will just buy without opening sell position for hedge by second window's EA. But when trend reverses, the first EA will be opening 0.2 0.3 0.5 etc., while the second EA will be trading by down trend. I belive, these manipulations will decrease the number of bad entries in a strong trend, as positions will be opening in accordance with the trend. However, in that case we should restrict opening too many positions in block.

Trader83:

InitialStop is only initial.

For example, you want stoploss 130pips.

If have settings:

Maxtrades = 5

Pipstep = 18

then stoploss 130 = 5x18 + initialStop

For stoploss 130 is initial stop 40... 130-90.

Reason: