10point3 Hedge - page 12

davidke20:
NFP helped a lot. Account growing 10% within a day. Best performing day so far.

Regards,

David

Great job David, but how many pips without retracemenet can this system endure before the account corrupted? I think there still need code to lock the hedge on while the market ride a strong trend.

Jonathan You:
Great job David, but how many pips without retracemenet can this system endure before the account corrupted? I think there still need code to lock the hedge on while the market ride a strong trend.

90pips + spread is my stop loss. It will take a hit. But I'm making sure it will revive.

Regards,

David

it seems working fine. do we still continue research? or I will decide to move on and plot it on 1 of my live account and end of story. no more furthur discussion on this. Instead of wasting my computer resources on testing, why not put it on a sub and contribute to my pool.

Regards.

David

Files:
nf.gif  6 kb
nf.htm  112 kb

hi...

davidke20:
it seems working fine. do we still continue research? or I will decide to move on and plot it on 1 of my live account and end of story. no more furthur discussion on this. Instead of wasting my computer resources on testing, why not put it on a sub and contribute to my pool.

Regards.

David

hi david...very nice result you got there...is that the 10points3 dynamic hedge is same like that you attached on the #1 post? and with the same settings like on the #1 post?,and also are you using any indicators for 10points3 dynamic hedge? thnx

amri87:
hi david...very nice result you got there...is that the 10points3 dynamic hedge is same like that you attached on the #1 post? and with the same settings like on the #1 post?,and also are you using any indicators for 10points3 dynamic hedge? thnx

all as mentioned at #1 post. nothing is change until today.

Regards,

David

hii...

davidke20:
all as mentioned at #1 post. nothing is change until today.

Regards,

David

hi david...how's the 10points3 hedge forward testing result update?,sorry i have connection problem last time so i can't forward test your EA,so starting next monday i'll forward test it...

Blew up, but manage to survive. I forgot to switch off during interest rate announcement. Still seeing a lot of potential on it. Will continue testing it for few months.

Regards

David

Files:
blowup.gif  6 kb
blowup.htm  154 kb

What exactly is your hedging approach?

Sorry to ask a few dumb questions, but I am also thinking about some hedging issues to build into Goblin Bipolar, a close relative to your baby.

After superficially comparing the way of using two 10point2 engines with opposite signals to using a single Goblin Bipolar there are not many differences. However, I don't quite understand why you are running the two engines on opposite signals.

- If you always start a buy trade and a sell trade based on the same signal at the same time, you are not really using the signal at all.

- When you start both trades at the same time, you are basically expecting a random walk situation where the volatility will favour both trades at the same time.

- Hedging then occurs in the sense that when one of the two trades finishes, but the other hasn't yet, another opposite trade can start if its signal is still there, adding to the hedge.

- Probably additional equity targets are then used to finally close the whole story for a profit, causing both engines to close their trade when they recognize a profit.

Have I understood correctly? Note that you could (almost) have the same result using Goblin Bipolar and always start both the buy and sell cycle together. Interestingly, at least in backtest this seems partially to work.

My hedging approach currently is different: Start with the opposite trade if order N (e.g. 5) has been reached, telling us that our signal may have failed and it is time to take the opposite trade if not already started. One can e.g. modify lot sizing for these hedging trades to try to recover more quickly etc.

I am still working on that, but for me it does not make sense to start hedging already with the first order, why would you still need a signal?

I just want to have some clarification and to continue discussion.

Regards, alassio

alassio:
Sorry to ask a few dumb questions, but I am also thinking about some hedging issues to build into Goblin Bipolar, a close relative to your baby.

After superficially comparing the way of using two 10point2 engines with opposite signals to using a single Goblin Bipolar there are not many differences. However, I don't quite understand why you are running the two engines on opposite signals.

- If you always start a buy trade and a sell trade based on the same signal at the same time, you are not really using the signal at all.

- When you start both trades at the same time, you are basically expecting a random walk situation where the volatility will favour both trades at the same time.

- Hedging then occurs in the sense that when one of the two trades finishes, but the other hasn't yet, another opposite trade can start if its signal is still there, adding to the hedge.

- Probably additional equity targets are then used to finally close the whole story for a profit, causing both engines to close their trade when they recognize a profit.

Have I understood correctly? Note that you could (almost) have the same result using Goblin Bipolar and always start both the buy and sell cycle together. Interestingly, at least in backtest this seems partially to work.

My hedging approach currently is different: Start with the opposite trade if order N (e.g. 5) has been reached, telling us that our signal may have failed and it is time to take the opposite trade if not already started. One can e.g. modify lot sizing for these hedging trades to try to recover more quickly etc.

I am still working on that, but for me it does not make sense to start hedging already with the first order, why would you still need a signal?

I just want to have some clarification and to continue discussion.

Regards, alassio

I'll PM you:D I know you're a big time. The reason I'm doing it on 10point3 will greatly show you something differently.

Regards

David

davidke20:
90pips + spread is my stop loss. It will take a hit. But I'm making sure it will revive.

Hi, where is the stop loss? initialstop or trailing stop in input screen?

Reason: