Big Profit Without Using Any Indicator - page 30

Trader83:
Can you help, what variable in V1 and V2 influence the opening size of a position? If I open 300k account, it opens 0.5lot, if the account is 150k or 500k, it does not open any trade In the EXPERTS there is the message wich appears every second V1 EURUSD,H1: Spread=2; c=0... What the settings should be if I want the first position to be 0.1 or 1 lot?

The lots are 0.01 for every 6000$ of account balance. So, if the balance is smaller, initlot will be 0.01. If the balance is 12 000, the initlot will be 0.02.

If the balance is 300k, the initlot will be 50*0.01=0.5.

For 150k the initlot is (150/6)*0.01=0.25. Which broker are you using? I am using InterbankFX and it is ok (standard account, NOT mini). Some brokers do NOT allow 0.25 lots (they allow only 0.2 or 0.3).

Please ignore the comments in the Experts Tab. The comments are there for programming and debuging purposes only.

You can't modify a variable if you want to change the initlot. You have to edit the code. However, I don't recommend to change the initlot! I know that those results are not spectacular, but I wanted this EA couple to be as safe as possible.

Think about compounding: Start with 3k and if you don't withdraw for an entire year, you will have over 20k in 12 months.

Bye.

The lots are 0.01 for every 6000$ of account balance. So, if the balance is smaller, initlot will be 0.01. If the balance is 12 000, the initlot will be 0.02.

If the balance is 300k, the initlot will be 50*0.01=0.5.

For 150k the initlot is (150/6)*0.01=0.25. Which broker are you using? I am using InterbankFX and it is ok (standard account, NOT mini). Some brokers do NOT allow 0.25 lots (they allow only 0.2 or 0.3).

Please ignore the comments in the Experts Tab. The comments are there for programming and debuging purposes only.

You can't modify a variable if you want to change the initlot. You have to edit the code. However, I don't recommend to change the initlot! I know that those results are not spectacular, but I wanted this EA couple to be as safe as possible.

Think about compounding: Start with 3k and if you don't withdraw for an entire year, you will have over 20k in 12 months.

Bye.

Thanks a lot for help! I hope there won't be any strong movement in the near future Have you ever had a problem that the EA misses some trades and in the comments you have smth like ERROR: EURUSD:OLD TICK?

Do you use setting SL=20 in V1?

I have just noticed in the code of the posted EAs that the maximum trade is calculated to 40% of the account balance. In my tests I have used 25%. I think it is safer. If you decide to go live with real money using those two experts, please ask somebody to modify that or contact me. I can modify the code if you want.

What do you mean by ''In my tests I have used 25%''? Do you trade real money or just make demo tests with V1 and V2?

The parameter 40 should be changed to 25 in this string in order to get 25%?

if (AccountBalance()>6000) MaxLot=MathFloor(AccountBalance()/40)/100;

I haven't put any real money on V1+V2 yet. I will start a 3000k account just for V1+V2 soon. I have not done this yet because I had many hopes on some other "more profitable" EA...but I'm not so sure anymore.:)

I guess I'll have to settle with V1+V2.

Please ignore that 25%...40% issue. I wasn't paying enough attention.

The EAs are correct. They are using 25%! My mistake.

MathFloor(AccountBalance()/40)/100 equals 25% of the account balance.

For 100k account Maxlot=100000/4000=25 lots.

Trader83:
Thanks a lot for help! I hope there won't be any strong movement in the near future Have you ever had a problem that the EA misses some trades and in the comments you have smth like ERROR: EURUSD:OLD TICK? Do you use setting SL=20 in V1?

I never had any missing trades or errors.

Yes I use SL=20 for both EAs. Please note that this is not a standard stoploss! It is a little more complicated. Last order (maxtrades) has 20 pips stop loss. The other trades from that sequence have 20+(maxtrades-number of trade)*D.

D=pip step between trades.

Edited:

Please ignore this: I have just noticed in the code of the posted EAs that the maximum trade is calculated to 40% of the account balance. In my tests I have used 25%. I think it is safer. If you decide to go live with real money using those two experts, please ask somebody to modify that or contact me. I can modify the code if you want.

The EAs are ok. (maxtrade=25%)

Bye.

20 top 39 pips Retracement

cucurucu:
I haven't put any real money on V1+V2 yet. I will start a 3000k account just for V1+V2 soon. I have not done this yet because I had many hopes on some other "more profitable" EA...but I'm not so sure anymore.:)

I guess I'll have to settle with V1+V2.

Please ignore that 25%...40% issue. I wasn't paying enough attention.

The EAs are correct. They are using 25%! My mistake.

MathFloor(AccountBalance()/40)/100 equals 25% of the account balance.

For 100k account Maxlot=100000/4000=25 lots.

Hi,

If I remember it right, somewhere in this furom says that a 35pips

retracement is not 100% assurance that you profit target will be hit.

As I remember, you need 39 pips retracement to get 100% of Profit

target to be hit.

Example:

Assuming your 6th level buy stop order is 1.9340

and your 7th level buy stop order is 1.9360

and also your 8th level buy stop order is 1.9380

== Assuming the price hit your 1st up to 7th level and further moved

up to 1.9379 (did not hit the 8th order) then moved 39 pips

retracement back down to 1.9341 (did not hit the 6th order).

== Sorry for the English. and maybe my observation is wrong.

I do not mean for anything but just to contribute a little.

Thanks to Rifo and others,

I understand your point renefx. That's why I limit the maximum lots to 25% of the account. Please note that during 2006, there was only one time when the EA has open the 8th trade (and could sustain a 9th trade if necessary).

I have read some recend studies which are stating that the daily range of EURUSD has decreased every year in the last few years and the big moves related to news are more weaker. I hope so...because the backtesting of V1 and V2 for 2005 are showing some margin call points .

cucurucu:
I understand your point renefx. That's why I limit the maximum lots to 25% of the account. Please note that during 2006, there was only one time when the EA has open the 8th trade (and could sustain a 9th trade if necessary). I have read some recend studies which are stating that the daily range of EURUSD has decreased every year in the last few years and the big moves related to news are more weaker. I hope so...because the backtesting of V1 and V2 for 2005 are showing some margin call points .

how long would it take you to recover from a 25% loss?

Please note that during 2006, there was only one time when the EA has open the 8th trade (and could sustain a 9th trade if necessary).

Cucurucu, are you based on backtest, or you forwardtested it during 2006?

Trader83:
Cucurucu, are you based on backtest, or you forwardtested it during 2006?

Forward test starting with september. For the rest of the year I have only backtests. However, for this couple of EAs, I trust backtests. I have compared backtests with forward tests over the same period and the results are almost identical. Backtesting sucks with scalping EAs but with V1 and V2 it works fine. This is due to the large step and relatively small number of trades.

richy:
how long would it take you to recover from a 25% loss?

1-2 months. The point is to not allow such losses. I am ready to add more funds to the account if I see the 8th trade open, in order to sustain more trades. As I said before, the EAs are able to sustain more than 8 consecutive trades, but an event like this is very unlikely.

Reason: