Big Profit Without Using Any Indicator - page 36

I remember I read the PDF but I don't remember anything abut this delay , can you describe how should this delay work ? and I will fix it for you.

Regards

give me sometime to read the code and see how it works :-)

The delay function is a personal idea that I use in all my EAs. Basically the concept is fairly simple: Most large positions are build up during news-events where the markets go nuts. If we get a 20-30 pip retracement in "our" direction everything is fine. But if not we are in deep, deep trouble. Thats why I don't want the system to trade more than once per 15 minutes. I give the market a chance to fix itself - instead of hectically pumping more and more cash in a move that goes against us. Please have a look at my code... I used the "BaseDelayMinutes"-Variable for this. You'll notice that I tried to "manipulate" all pending orders so that they can't be executed while the Delay is active. It doesn't seem to work however. I can't figure out why. I also added a function that will automatically calculate the Pip-Step between each level based on recent market-volatility. (The UseDynamicTP-Variable is used to turn this feature on or off). This is very useful if you try to get the EA working on highly volatile pairs like USD/JPY. Added alot of other safety-stuff. Just check the code

If you think that you can fix it please contact me on MSN (address see above) to discuss the result.

Thanks

Is the heiko-blessing.mq4 an EA or some kind of script? Is there a EA for the heiko-blessing method? It seems much better and safer than the original blessing.

mikejody:
Is the heiko-blessing.mq4 an EA or some kind of script? Is there a EA for the heiko-blessing method? It seems much better and safer than the original blessing.

This IS an EA :-) Just use it instead the normal blessing script if you want to test it. Its a heavily modified version of the original System- I'm trading it live actually. However it has at least 1 bug that I found today. It caused a 10% loss on my account which is why I posted the EA here. I added a function that should prevent the EA from opening too many orders in a short period of time. However there seems to be a problem with my method of "pausing" the orders. I'd be happy if you could post your backtest/forward-test results or take a look at the source if you understand Metalanguage.

Best wishes,

Heiko

I am not a programmer but will strategy test and forward test. What currencies and timeframes are best?

rainx:
This IS an EA :-) Just use it instead the normal blessing script if you want to test it. Its a heavily modified version of the original System- I'm trading it live actually. However it has at least 1 bug that I found today. It caused a 10% loss on my account which is why I posted the EA here. I added a function that should prevent the EA from opening too many orders in a short period of time. However there seems to be a problem with my method of "pausing" the orders. I'd be happy if you could post your backtest/forward-test results or take a look at the source if you understand Metalanguage.

Best wishes,

Heiko

Another thing is that all my other EAs have a .ex4 extension, this one has a mq4 extension and does not show up in my list of experts. How do I install it on the chart?

mikejody:
Another thing is that all my other EAs have a .ex4 extension, this one has a mq4 extension and does not show up in my list of experts. How do I install it on the chart?

.ex4 files are compiled mq4s-files. If someone whats to keep his source code "private" (its not really private it can easily be recovered) then they will give you an .ex4. Those files suck however. They are black boxes, that don't give you a chance to change any aspect of the script. An mq4 file contains the logic of the expert advisor in human readable form so you could modify it. Simply copy the file into the "experts" folder of your Metatrader-installation and restart Metatrader. Thats all :-)

Best wishes,

Heiko

ok got it now; what currencies and time frames?

rainx:
.ex4 files are compiled mq4s-files. If someone whats to keep his source code "private" (its not really private it can easily be recovered) then they will give you an .ex4. Those files suck however. They are black boxes, that don't give you a chance to change any aspect of the script. An mq4 file contains the logic of the expert advisor in human readable form so you could modify it. Simply copy the file into the "experts" folder of your Metatrader-installation and restart Metatrader. Thats all :-)

Best wishes,

Heiko

mikejody:
ok got it now; what currencies and time frames?

Try backtesting it with EUR/USD in 5 minute timeframe and post the result here :-D

Reason: