Big Profit Without Using Any Indicator - page 37

rainx:
Try backtesting it with EUR/USD in 5 minute timeframe and post the result here :-D

I can't strategy test this as it gets hung up and won't provide any results. Sorry.

mikejody:
I can't strategy test this as it gets hung up and won't provide any results. Sorry.

It doesnt hang it just takes a while because the calculations take long... works perfectly here.

@rainx : unfortunately I didnt have enough time to test your ea , because market closed. but there is something unclear to me , you said you dont want the EA to open a new position less than for example 15 minutes , but you are already placing buy and sell limits , so you cant control it , if market jumps , new positions will be opened , so how are you going to control it ? please make it clear to me , fixing timing of ea is easy if I can fully understand it clearly.

another important thing , strategy says to open a buy and sell position at the same time and then place limit orders , do you know what it means ?

when you open a buy and same time sell , it mean you have closed your buy position ! you have just paid the spread ! there would be no difference if you dont open initial trades and just place limit orders , make me right if I am wrong.

Regards

rainx:
It doesnt hang it just takes a while because the calculations take long... works perfectly here.

It has now been running 12 hours and it is still hung up, won't progress forward. Profit has been 18 dollars.

mikejody:
It has now been running 12 hours and it is still hung up, won't progress forward. Profit has been 18 dollars.

it is because market is closed ! you have to wait until monday

FiFtHeLeMeNt:
it is because market is closed ! you have to wait until monday

I see. You can't run strategy tester when the market is closed? I thought it just used back data.

Oh well, thank you.

mikejody:
I see. You can't run strategy tester when the market is closed? I thought it just used back data. Oh well, thank you.

sorry , I thought you are doing forward testing

Results for Blessing_Heiko EA

OK, it's now completed nearly half of the 2 years of backtesting, and the account has diminished from $10,000.00 to about $9725.00 now. I don't see any reason to continue the test as that is a whole year of unprofitability.

mikejody:
OK, it's now completed nearly half of the 2 years of backtesting, and the account has diminished from $10,000.00 to about $9725.00 now. I don't see any reason to continue the test as that is a whole year of unprofitability.

It would be nice if you could post the full settings you have used. I used EUR/USD with FXDD Tick-data and 5 Minute timeframe. Backtesting-Mode "every tick". Equity curve see above

FiFtHeLeMeNt:
@rainx : unfortunately I didnt have enough time to test your ea , because market closed. but there is something unclear to me , you said you dont want the EA to open a new position less than for example 15 minutes , but you are already placing buy and sell limits , so you cant control it , if market jumps , new positions will be opened , so how are you going to control it ? please make it clear to me , fixing timing of ea is easy if I can fully understand it clearly.

Yes you're right. The original EA places the orders all at once when you activate it. Thats why I wanted to "pause" the open orders by chosing a way too high opening-price that will never be reached. This strategy doesnt seem to work as expected. Please check code-line 170ff for the code that SHOULD temporarily pause open limit orders in order to obey the time limit.

another important thing , strategy says to open a buy and sell position at the same time and then place limit orders , do you know what it means ?

when you open a buy and same time sell , it mean you have closed your buy position ! you have just paid the spread ! there would be no difference if you dont open initial trades and just place limit orders , make me right if I am wrong.

Regards

Yes, you are correct. We would be flat in such a situation. However this rule was taken from the PDF on page 1. The concept is that the EA "hunts" for TPs and closes winning positions after 20 pips while it doubles losing positions in the next level. So we will only be flat in level 1 and we wont sell a position that lost us money. Its controversial but I think this indeed makes some sense.

Please try to fix the EA - it already works quite nice in its actual form.

Reason: