Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 36

Robert,

Nice to hear you use that sources, I was happy when found that thread.

As for building all the possible trailing stop solutions into one EA, I think your earlier idea is better, i.e. running tests with different trailing stops and pick up the one or three that fit best. Too many choices can be confusing particularly for the newcomers.

I do not think I am a breakout expert but I think the essencial points of such a system - provided we were about to develop a short term trade system - are

• to differentiate the real breakout and the fake one - that is all the relevant indicators, signals should agree,
  • then enter into the trade as early as possible - if we wait while a trend build up then we get a classic trend following system,
  • and close the trade when we reached the target or when the reversal came.
MrPip:
Chrisstoff,

That link is where I got a lot of the code for the trailing ea. I plan to check the other ideas at that link and add as time allows.

Just thought it would be nice to have all of the ideas in one ea.

As far as the DIN EAs I have not made the changes yet. I was hoping more for responses if it was thought this would even work.

Other ideas include waiting for an increase of x pips after the signal to enter the trade. That would cut down on profit but might help to avoid losses.

Kind of like a DIN_Kuskus breakout.

What do you think?

Robert

can the ea autotrade?

i like to know if the autotrade are avaible in mr.pips ea and how to use it?

Chrisstoff..

Welcome on board, Great ideas and I respect them but I will just add some updates to your points

1-to differentiate the real breakout and the fake one - that is all the relevant indicators, signals should agree,

2-then enter into the trade as early as possible - if we wait while a trend build up then we get a classic trend following system,

3-and close the trade when we reached the target or when the reversal came

This is what i understand from Mrpip previous reply.

1- All the indicators agree, that is in the code, and yet it seems we have some trades placed where we don't expect them to, maybe the signal generated from the indicators were too fast .

2-That seems to be the problem, the signal to trade maybe genrated too fast and we enter the trade as soon as it was possible.

3-The best way to close the trade as Mrpip suggested is to follow the signal from fisher.

As per Mrpip reply maybe we should wait for an increase of x pips after the signal to enter the trade. That would cut down on profit but might help to avoid losses.

Robert,

I think it is a good idea! It prevents getting into a trade to the wrong direction just at the reversal.

MrPip:
The EAs I wrote fot this thread all take the signal from the closed (previous)bar.

My idea is that when we have gotten a signal from the previous bar to then check the current bar to see if it is moving in the direction of the signal.

The check could also be like a small breakout.

When there is a buy signal use

if (Bid - iClose(NULL,15,1) > minPipsMove) placeBuy

When there is a sell signal use

if (iClose(NULL,15,1) - Bid > minPipsMove) placeSell

Robert

MrPip:
Link is gone from first message so I will post here.

No changes to indicators.

Ancoll,

The idea was to have a link from the first message to my post where I can update the zip file or individual EAs. Otherwise things will get lost in the messages. And you will need to update the zip file in the first message when I post a zip file or add the new versions each time I post one.

Robert

Thanks Robert!!! Pips with you!

I have finished some of the exams and did well, now I have a about free week , so I start to learn MQL4 .

I learned a lot in the past two days and I have gone through your eariler comments and codes, now I have a better understanding of what you are writing, really impressive work on the EA.

I can not run backtests as they take time and I can not spare my computer but I trust your results and comments.

I am not sure where the problem is !! all what you wrote make good sense, and the trades on the EA match the Isakas rules.

I still need sometime to figure out where is the problem, my plans is to enable only one indicator at a time see its performance on the live trade … I hope I have enough time to monitor all the 3 indicators, next week.

ANCOLL will mostly update the first post later today, but I will add the EA to my first post and change the text.

I still need to read more about MQL4, to give a better +ve feedback

-----------------

Robert, the more I read the more I realize there is still a lot to be learned and the more I respect what you wrote.

I am reading the codes of the indicators, and I found that sometimes in the code they double check the stats of the signal for example I found this on the fisher indicator

if(Bars<=10) return(0);

ExtCountedBars=IndicatorCounted();

//---- check for possible errors

if (ExtCountedBars<0) return(-1);

//---- last counted bar will be recounted

If I am not wrong they check the signal twice after it was generated, could that be a solution, like if we introduce another if condition to validate the original one that should create a delay and also help in double checking the signal in a fast or rapid market.

What do you think ?

Indicator checks

Those checks are to make sure there are enough bars to calculate the indicator. The Bars <= 10 is probably not needed as you always have 10 bars in a currency pair. The code might have been started by a code generator or copied from another indicator that had those lines.

It has nothing to do with the value of the indicator.

Robert

MrPip:
Those checks are to make sure there are enough bars to calculate the indicator. The Bars <= 10 is probably not needed as you always have 10 bars in a currency pair. The code might have been started by a code generator or copied from another indicator that had those lines.

It has nothing to do with the value of the indicator.

Robert

, I know there is still a lot for me to learn. I just wish I was able to give an idea or code to solve this dilemma.

Test results - Shinigami's EA

The forward test results of Shinigami's EA are attached.

Test period: two weeks (10 trading days)

Total profit: 2 pips.

Reason: