The Simba Con Man - page 2

Hurst Techniques

Hi everybody,

I have received several enquiries regarding Hurst techniques..and even if this is not the object of this thread,I will just post a few pics regarding what one can do by applying Hurst methods.

Basically,Hurst used centered smas to filter noise and nail the projected botom or top of a cycle with a very high degree of accuracy..just take a look at the pics..it works for all timeframes,better in daily and 4h.

If you want additional info regarding Hurst,do yourself a favour and get his book..he will explain it much better than I

Regards

Simba

Files:
hurst1.gif  39 kb
hurst2.gif  32 kb
hurst3.gif  29 kb
hurst4.gif  32 kb
hurst5.gif  34 kb

Simba..could you please tell us the sittings for the MA's in your last pics(Hurst tech.& also the book link) and also we'll be waiting your Con man..have a great weekend.

Hey Simba,

Thanks for the threads. They are quite enjoyable as well as informative! I've been enjoying following along on your GBPUSD thread. BTW, J.M. Hurst's method seems quite interesting. Looking at your setup, I see that you have 4 SMA's of various timeframes but each one seems to be behind another. Can you share any more insight to the setup you have posted?

Thanks,

Eric

Mangman,cementman,kiupp

Hi,

BOOK:Buy it,download it,whatever(have you heard of eMule?)

Picture settings:the settings are based on the concept of centered moving averages..If you want to understand it read the book,google the term,whatever,I will not spoon feed it to you,basically because it is very lengthy to explain and prove.. and very easy to understand from Hurst`s explanation..so,do your homework...

..To know which moving averages you shall use, you must know the cyclic model of the pair you want to trade(cyclic model:3 or 4 more relevant cycles)

How to know?Digital filter generator,posted by newdigital,do a search on this Forum

In the case of the pictures previously posted,I used

SMA35 DELAYED 17 PERIODS

SMA 51 DELAYED 25 PERIODS

SMA 103 DELAYED 51 PERIODS

SMA205 DELAYED 102 PERIODS

The charts were on 1h tf,but as an example,I post a pic for GBPUSD WEEKLY

with the 3 latest setings,and a "visually intuitive" explanation of use

Regards,

Simba

Files:
hurstweekly.gif  37 kb

SIMBA:
Hi everybody,

Save in mt4/experts/indicators,then close and reopen your platform and it should be there working for you

Enjoy it

Simba

Let's see how good is this magic indicator

Simba,

I am getting periods slightly different from those that you have posted. I did an analisys from the middle of November to December 13 on the H1 GBPUSD chart, and it could only confirm the 35 and 51 periods. The next peak seems to be somewhere near 85. Am I right in using a period as long as a month to determine the peak values? I am not sure that I am looking for what I should be..

Thank you for all the invaluable knowledge that you have shared with us!

Jozo

JoZo:
Let's see how good is this magic indicator

Hi JOZO,

This is not a magic indicator,it is just something that can skew in your favour the probabilities that you obtain from your usual trading techniques,as I explained in previous posts.

As an example,if you run it -DO IT ONLY FOR DAILY PERIODS-for GBPUSD,it will tell you that inmediate expectation,since 15Dec is downtrend,but,as I explained,If a nonlagma,Satl,whatever trendfilter method I use,tells me to go long,I will go long.

It has been designed from the cyclic model of daily GBPUSD,and since there is a very high correlation for this pair with bothEURUSD and USDCHF(inverse correlation for this latest ),you can see(Run the indicatorin 3 daily charts GBPUSD,EURUSD,USDCHF) that since 14/15 December 2006,the indicator is telling us that expection is USD UP-European currencies DOWN..and I think,knowing this with 85% probability can help us a lot

Enjoy it

Simba

Wananohoshi

wananohoshi:
Simba,

I am getting periods slightly different from those that you have posted. I did an analisys from the middle of November to December 13 on the H1 GBPUSD chart, and it could only confirm the 35 and 51 periods. The next peak seems to be somewhere near 85. Am I right in using a period as long as a month to determine the peak values? I am not sure that I am looking for what I should be..

Thank you for all the invaluable knowledge that you have shared with us!

Hi,

If you are referring to some of the pics I posted with hourly charts,I used 35 del 17,69 del34,103 del51,205 del102.

If you are referring to the cyclic model of GBPUSD for 1h..I do not use it,too unreliable for my taste,I use the daily cycles,those that I have been able to test for high Bartels,and I presume,that since markets are fractal,they will be more or less reliable on lower timeframes..my personalexperience confirms this..and also that you can go up to the weekly tf with good results too...

But my personal experience has taught me to avoid using the Hurst method exclusively on 1H,you need ,at the minimum,the 4H TF,and then you can go down for refining your entry..also using 4H as the base can be very dangerous in trending periods like the one from beginning April to mid May..you run the risk of anticipating the top,by several figures...AND THIS IS WHERE USING THE SimbaConMan WILL GIVE YOU THE EDGE,KEEPING YOU SAFE.

I do not use(anymore) the Hurst smas for trading,I use them only as an additional view to have in the back of my mind.What I use for trading is his methodology,but instead of smas,I use digitalfilters(usually SATL),and,since delay is minimal,I do not need to center them,I can just trade the slope of the SATL.

Regards

Simba

Reason: