News Trader EA - page 37

Looking for Historical News Releases

Does anyone know where I can get a text file containing all past news releases from say the beginning of 2005 with previous,consensus, and actuals. I have thought about copying and pasting from an economic calendar but it's seems to be more trouble than it's worth. Any help would be much appreciated.

fxdaniel:
Hi, ND/Igorad,

it's my first posting here. I just tried to attach this expert but got the following error message:

2007.04.13 15:03:56 NewsTrader_v5.1 EURUSD,M5: expert stopped

2007.04.13 15:03:56 NewsTrader_v5.1 EURUSD,M5: cannot load library 'WebGet.dll' (error 126)

2007.04.13 15:03:38 NewsTrader_v5.1 EURUSD,M5: initialized

2007.04.13 15:03:38 NewsTrader_v5.1 EURUSD,M5 inputs: ExpertName="NewsTrader_v5.1"; Magic=51515; Slippage=6; Main_Parameters=" Trade Volume & Trade Method"; CalendarID=4; Lots=0.1; TimeZone=0; TimeGap=5; OrderDuration=15; ProcessTime=2; SessionEnd=24; FridayEnd=23; OrdersNum=1; PendOrdGap=20; OrdersStep=10; DelOpposite=0; TrailOpposite=0; TakeProfit=100; TrailingStop=0; InitialStop=50; BreakEven=0; DisplayLine=false; DisplayText=false; cFilter=" Currency Filter "; USD=true; EUR=true; GBP=true; JPY=true; AUD=true; CAD=true; CH

2007.04.13 15:03:05 NewsTrader_v5.1 EURUSD,M5: loaded successfully

the webget.mqh is in the include folder and the dll in the libraries folder. Any idea what is wrong??

Daniel

No idea. Check the version of your MetaTrader. Should be 202 or 203.

Or re-start Metatrader. Sometimes it helps I tried whole day yesterday untill I found that this EA can not be run together with Jurik indicators's library files.

Possible coding errors

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe the following lines need to be changed to be accurate.

At the end of void ReadnPlotCalendar(string fName)

changing NewsNum = i+1; to NewsNum = i-1;

and in void ChartComment()

Changing:

if(TimeCurrent()> PrevTime && TimeCurrent() <= OpenTime)

{

string upcomNews = sCurrency+" "+sDescription;

string upcomTime = TimeToStr(dt);

string nextNews = sCurrency+" "+sDescription;

string nextTime = TimeToStr(dt);

break;

}

to

if(TimeCurrent()> PrevTime && TimeCurrent() <= OpenTime)

{

string upcomNews = sCurrency+" "+sDescription;

string upcomTime = TimeToStr(dt);

if(i+1<=NewsNum)

{

string nextNews = sCurrency+" "+sDescription;

string nextTime = TimeToStr(dt);

}

break;

}

Again I may be wrong but I am almost possitive that this is how it should be written. That way nothing gets written next to next even if there is no next event.

fxdaniel:
Hi, ND/Igorad,

it's my first posting here. I just tried to attach this expert but got the following error message:

2007.04.13 15:03:56 NewsTrader_v5.1 EURUSD,M5: expert stopped

2007.04.13 15:03:56 NewsTrader_v5.1 EURUSD,M5: cannot load library 'WebGet.dll' (error 126)

2007.04.13 15:03:38 NewsTrader_v5.1 EURUSD,M5: initialized

2007.04.13 15:03:38 NewsTrader_v5.1 EURUSD,M5 inputs: ExpertName="NewsTrader_v5.1"; Magic=51515; Slippage=6; Main_Parameters=" Trade Volume & Trade Method"; CalendarID=4; Lots=0.1; TimeZone=0; TimeGap=5; OrderDuration=15; ProcessTime=2; SessionEnd=24; FridayEnd=23; OrdersNum=1; PendOrdGap=20; OrdersStep=10; DelOpposite=0; TrailOpposite=0; TakeProfit=100; TrailingStop=0; InitialStop=50; BreakEven=0; DisplayLine=false; DisplayText=false; cFilter=" Currency Filter "; USD=true; EUR=true; GBP=true; JPY=true; AUD=true; CAD=true; CH

2007.04.13 15:03:05 NewsTrader_v5.1 EURUSD,M5: loaded successfully

the webget.mqh is in the include folder and the dll in the libraries folder. Any idea what is wrong??

Daniel

Did you allow a usage of external dll?

Igorad,

sure i did, in the expert and the general settings.

Daniel

jfaneuf:
Does anyone know where I can get a text file containing all past news releases from say the beginning of 2005 with previous,consensus, and actuals. I have thought about copying and pasting from an economic calendar but it's seems to be more trouble than it's worth. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi jfaneuf,

I was doing this text file weekly but I am not copying. Just doing my own. Sorry I edited the old files for the next week and did not save any old ones.

Just moved your post to this thread hoping that somebody may help you.

Text file is on the 1st post of this thread (but for week only).

V5.1

Is this EA available yet or still testing ?

fxdaniel:
Igorad,

sure i did, in the expert and the general settings.

Daniel

Make "Confirm dll function call" off. May be, it will help.

Pheniox:
Is this EA available yet or still testing ?

Available.

Look at post #1 of this thread.

newdigital:
Make "Confirm dll function call" off. May be, it will help.

it is off! this is not the reason. i really can't understand it.

Daniel

Reason: