Subthread: Dolly 2nd Clone Project - page 56

I,ll test it with dayopen

cja:
Hi

Looking at your charts suggests that the Dolly 11 is just on the point of changing to the start of a new day so one of two things is happening - either the Dolly has not updated from the previous days data or you are right on the point where the new days data has not signalled. Try flicking between timeframes and see if it resets, i just tried Dolly v10 & v 11 on 0 time and both gave identical readings. My broker has 3 hours difference for me with day light saving etc so for me to set for GMT 00:00 i put 3 in the GMTshift.

I repeat Dolly V10 & V11 are absolutely identical in the code except for the GMTshift and the Auto signals, if V11 is set to 0 GMTshift then the data for both will be identical.

One thing i have not tested is leaving Dolly v11 running thru a new start of day perhaps it needs to be updated by changing timeframes as this is what has been needed in the past on occasion. The new GMT code may have created a lag in updating perhaps?

cja

Thx Cja For you accurate answer

I,ll test it today and i,ll post the results

Best Regards

Hany

V#11 with reverse SL/TP

Thanks everybody... for this great system.

But I have a small request from you guys. I would like to have V#11 with reverse SL and TP comments, is anybody can help me? This will cut shot my placing order time...

thanks..

hany mohssen:
Hi ANCOLL

me too prefer v.10

we can do some changes in v.11

but both are great and thanks to all who have worked on them

Thx

I agree there are some changes that would probably enhance both v10 and v.11. I am new to this thread, but have been thru it for a couple of days and loaded both for comparison.. I have also added a couple of other indicators which seem to work well with both Dollys. One thing I notice is that no where in the thread is there any discussion about divergence. Since you already use MACD, would it be a big deal to add an RSI (3) indicator and plot the result based on swing points? These are very good for anticipating where price will go next. Included are a couple of pics I took today with Wolf Wave and Gartley indicators.. Keep up the good work..

vlange:
I agree there are some changes that would probably enhance both v10 and v.11. I am new to this thread, but have been thru it for a couple of days and loaded both for comparison.. I have also added a couple of other indicators which seem to work well with both Dollys. One thing I notice is that no where in the thread is there any discussion about divergence. Since you already use MACD, would it be a big deal to add an RSI (3) indicator and plot the result based on swing points? These are very good for anticipating where price will go next. Included are a couple of pics I took today with Wolf Wave and Gartley indicators.. Keep up the good work..

All your questions have been answered on the first page,

please read the whole posting on the first page.

Thanks for the input.. P.1 just says look for divergence on larger time frames. Since there are many kinds of divergence including MACD and RSI.(especially RSI 3), it helps to see it on ALL timeframes, especially current because that is where your trade is taking place. Concurrent divergence on multiple timeframes is a big confirming clue and could line up with your other indicators quite nicely. Just so you know.. I check p.1 first every time I enter this forum to get the latest info.. Cheers..

boostedtrader:
Thanks everybody... for this great system.

But I have a small request from you guys. I would like to have V#11 with reverse SL and TP comments, is anybody can help me? This will cut shot my placing order time...

thanks..

The reverse SL & TP are still on version 11 just change to the standard Comments or do you want the reverse trade to appear on the Auto Signals?

If Auto Signals = true and Show_DollyCOMMENTS = true then the Atuo signal lines appear

If Auto Signals = false and Show_DollyComments = true then the standard Dolly comments show.

If Auto Signals = false and Show_DollyCOMMENTS = false then no Comments show.

cja

cja:
The reverse SL & TP are still on version 11 just change to the standard Comments or do you want the reverse trade to appear on the Auto Signals?

If Auto Signals = true and Show_DollyCOMMENTS = true then the Atuo signal lines appear

If Auto Signals = false and Show_DollyComments = true then the standard Dolly comments show.

If Auto Signals = false and Show_DollyCOMMENTS = false then no Comments show.

cja

Emmm... Mine is V#11 with GMT-Shift, but the TP/SL is in opposite when I turn off the Auto Signal

vlange:
Thanks for the input.. P.1 just says look for divergence on larger time frames. Since there are many kinds of divergence including MACD and RSI.(especially RSI 3), it helps to see it on ALL timeframes, especially current because that is where your trade is taking place. Concurrent divergence on multiple timeframes is a big confirming clue and could line up with your other indicators quite nicely. Just so you know.. I check p.1 first every time I enter this forum to get the latest info.. Cheers..

Hi vlange,

About the deep discussion for divergence with MACD or even with DigiStoch,

I hope cja and hymn can give more detail information

Because they know more and better about this matter.

Regards,

Divergence

vlange:

Divergence - The general rule on Divergence is the higher the timeframe the larger the move and the smaller the timeframe the smaller the move, you can trade divergence off the M1 & M5 quite successfully however the moves may only be around 10 to 30 pips however divergence on the H1 & H4 can give much larger moves and on Daily for instance divergence with say the GBP/USD pair can give moves in the 100's of pips and of course if several timeframes are showing divergence then all the more likely a move will occur, the key to trading divergence is picking the actual turn or setting your trade above or below the current price to trap the eventual move. I apoligise if the comment in Post #2 appears misleading or not a complete enough explanation but i was merely making people aware that divergence is a powerful tool.

cja

boostedtrader:
Emmm... Mine is V#11 with GMT-Shift, but the TP/SL is in opposite when I turn off the Auto Signal

What do you mean by the TP/SL is in opposite,

A Bearish Correction means price has been going down and now has reversed up

A Bullish Correction means price has been going up and now has reversed down

I checked the indicator and cannot see anything wrong????

cja

Reason: