Subthread: Dolly 2nd Clone Project - page 37

okabija:
Thanks again for the answers,

just 3 more question,

1. Since I don't have to change setting of the clock (I am using Alpari), what is use of DollyClock ?

btw... where can i find it ? ) on Dolly 1st or 2nd ? coz I've read all Post...may be I miss it ?

2. Is DollyClock same as Dolly Trading Time ?

3. How can I only add only Guppy Line ? because I add Dolly G10 (Complete) Templete ... the dolly text in templete isn't the same as Dolly Graphic v.10...?

what is Dolly text in Templete use for ?

Thanks again,

Hymns

1. There you go...

2. Not sure. Bcoz too many Trading Time but DollyClock useable for me.

3. Switch other TF then change back to TF you used eg M15.

Files:
dollyclock.mq4  18 kb

hymns:
So we have the indicator simillar with WSS. Now which one is the original indicator? SDX-TzPivots or WSS?

Original SDX-TzPivots is different. Here i post the original & my mod. (like dolly n wss). Maybe the code 4 gmt setting in WSS is from SDX-TzPivots too.

Files:

gotenkz:
Original SDX-TzPivots is different. Here i post the original & my mod. (like dolly n wss). Maybe the code 4 gmt setting in WSS is from SDX-TzPivots too.

rite it different. but i did't mention it same. for the gmt setting may we can add to dolly features function.

CJA MM Question

First thing to say Hi everybody a great thread. Grat indicator and a real help with some great ideas.

I have tried to read both the dolly threads and think I have got it but there is a lot of info so I may have missed something.

If you do not mind I have a coupple of questions.

MM Lines

I use the MM lines to trade and currently use Xard777 MM-TimeFrame 2007, this is a good fit to price all on all time frames. I was looking at the Dolly settings on this against the MM shortlinesV2 and there is quite a lot of difference in them. Am I correct in thinking they are MM lines and not the Octaves so they will recalculate after the 64 period setting and if they are the lines why is there a difference with the two methods?

Pivot Points

I use VT to place my trades and use the pivots on the price chart set to 00:00 EST for recalculation. These generaly give the same price as the P Bain calculations on his site which price generally respects. The ones with the Dolly system also seem different. Today price was bumping against R1 but it was well past on the Dolly pivots. I wonder is this due to calculation time not being at 00:00 EST or down to my time settings on my system being wrong.

Any advice would be of help.

I seem to be the same as others in having problems understanding and setting the times to suit, I must be thick, so if it is down to the time settings I am sorry to ask but can someone point me in the right direction. I am UK based and my broker time according to Clock v1_2 is 2 hours ahead of me.

I ask as the differences are a little confusing to me and I am not sure why they are like that.

Thanks for any help or advice

kaspirano:

Thanks a lot for taking time to write such an excellent article about psychology and discipline in trading. I myself am a beginner and have never traded live; I've been studying though for more than half year now -- it must have been hundreds of hours.

---

One thing that seems true for me and that I've for the most part accepted in my mind - at least within demo trading - is the golden rule that being good at setting up a trading system makes up as little as 10% of the success in trading. 20% is money management and as much as 70% is done by good psyche and discipline. Right now I'm reading Mark Douglass' books and the further I read into them the more convinced I am about this.

Therefore, although I'm a beginner, it is my humble opinion that we are trying to put too many indicators together and make up a far too complicated EA. It's great that we can encounter that many attitudes so we have a lot to choose from. But still, I believe we should stay at choosing one or two of them, and not try to put them all together.

What I personally am working on right now is this: Dolly using open price instead of daily pivot and filtering the trades by ONE of the following: GMACD Logic, GMACD Histogram, Guppy MA, Nino. Probably EITHER on our timeframe, OR on a higher timeframe (probably daily). Another two options are TSR and ATR to try to anticipate the volatility. If we could do that we could profit from breakouts on both sides or avoid trading at all. Last of my ideas is give up all filtering whatsoever and prefer to concentrate ourselves on position sizing. When the system is doing good the market is making big moves and probably will keep doing that for a while -- therefore we should gradually increase our positions. As soon as a losing trades come the volatility is not going to be good and therefore we should get back to one position and stick with it until the good trades start coming again. Dolly seems to have long rows of profits and long rows of losses. This makes the position sizing rules and decisions on when to increase or decrease the number of positions a lot easier.

Of course, all of this needs a lot of backtesting first, and then picking ONE of the solutions. That takes some time and right now I'm digging through it. As soon as I have some results I will post them here. If there's someone with an altitude similar to mine it would be great to hear from him.

Thanks and wish me luck

Good luck to you also

buy67:

Hi, wanted to also participate me and to put my best combination that I have found and to be test.

I find interesting the combination VQ 30/60 Min and VQ 4H.

Hi, Massimo, looking great. Especially with VQ combination.

Do you mind to post template and indicators? I know, VQ can be find at Simba thread, but just to be sure to use the same settings as you have, your template would be better solution.

I would ask here everyone, who post some new, different and interesting combination, please, be so kind and also post template and indicators. It would make it so much easier for everyone.

Many times you can gather all indicators together, but you don't know, the settings. Sometimes you can't even find indicator...

For example, I tried what Kaspirano posted here a while back. I've followed his links, but I'm unfamiliar with all those different systems so I couldn't replicate it on my computer.

So, if you really want to share, please, share also template with indicators.

Just a suggestion

Mario

MM Verse Octaves

stockpick:
First thing to say Hi everybody a great thread. Grat indicator and a real help with some great ideas.

I have tried to read both the dolly threads and think I have got it but there is a lot of info so I may have missed something.

If you do not mind I have a coupple of questions.

MM Lines

I use the MM lines to trade and currently use Xard777 MM-TimeFrame 2007, this is a good fit to price all on all time frames. I was looking at the Dolly settings on this against the MM shortlinesV2 and there is quite a lot of difference in them. Am I correct in thinking they are MM lines and not the Octaves so they will recalculate after the 64 period setting and if they are the lines why is there a difference with the two methods?

Pivot Points

I use VT to place my trades and use the pivots on the price chart set to 00:00 EST for recalculation. These generaly give the same price as the P Bain calculations on his site which price generally respects. The ones with the Dolly system also seem different. Today price was bumping against R1 but it was well past on the Dolly pivots. I wonder is this due to calculation time not being at 00:00 EST or down to my time settings on my system being wrong.

Any advice would be of help.

I seem to be the same as others in having problems understanding and setting the times to suit, I must be thick, so if it is down to the time settings I am sorry to ask but can someone point me in the right direction. I am UK based and my broker time according to Clock v1_2 is 2 hours ahead of me.

I ask as the differences are a little confusing to me and I am not sure why they are like that.

Thanks for any help or advice

Yes there is a difference between the MM lines and the Octave lines, i personally have not had much to do with the Octave indicators as i prefer the MM levels, the MM Shortlines is the same setting and numbers as a standard MM indicator, i personally find the MM is more dynamic as it has or can have different levels displayed on different timeframes and that is how it works so well, as to the pivots it all depends on when the Open Close for the previous day is, an hour can make a big difference especially if price hits a Daily high or low during that period. The solution would be to have GMT or Broker time adjustment in the Dolly indicator or use a GMT adjustable Pivot indicator, as a personal observation i have found Pivots work well when the market is trending but not so good when the market consolidates which is why i have gone to the MM levels. I did the Peter Bain course a few years ago and then there were people recalculating the Pivots to suit the London Open and the Asian Open etc so i guess it is up to you how you set up your Pivots as to what Open Close etc you use. I am working on the GMT function but am having trouble retaining the look of Dolly while including an adjustable GMt Broker level as well.

cja

TimeZones

Lately was few posts, questions, regarding time zones, GMT... in one of Dolly thread.

So, maybe can help attached excel spreadsheet.

Btw, if you don't have MS Office, you can get free office at www.openoffice.org

Mario

Files:
timezones.zip  4 kb

MM Lines V2

cja:
Yes there is a difference between the MM lines and the Octave lines, i personally have not had much to do with the Octave indicators as i prefer the MM levels, the MM Shortlines is the same setting and numbers as a standard MM indicator, i personally find the MM is more dynamic as it has or can have different levels displayed on different timeframes and that is how it works so well, as to the pivots it all depends on when the Open Close for the previous day is, an hour can make a big difference especially if price hits a Daily high or low during that period. The solution would be to have GMT or Broker time adjustment in the Dolly indicator or use a GMT adjustable Pivot indicator, as a personal observation i have found Pivots work well when the market is trending but not so good when the market consolidates which is why i have gone to the MM levels. I did the Peter Bain course a few years ago and then there were people recalculating the Pivots to suit the London Open and the Asian Open etc so i guess it is up to you how you set up your Pivots as to what Open Close etc you use. I am working on the GMT function but am having trouble retaining the look of Dolly while including an adjustable GMt Broker level as well. cja

Thanks for that CJA

I read my post and sorry I did not make it clear. What I was trying to say is

If you load the MM lines indicator by Xard777 in one chart.

Then load a new chart with the Dolly system and the MM lines V2

If you put them side by side the levels do not match. They are out by some distance.

They are both MM lines set at 64 and I guess based on your earlier work you were involved in, I know there have been some changes to the calculation over the earlier versions due to some calculation problems. Excuse but I am not a programmer so can not be more clear on this.

It might be worth checking out yourself to see what I mean. I think they should both be the same.

Just thought I would point it out and I might be wrong on this but I have checked a couple of times. If you can have a look yourself you may see what I see.

As for the pivots you are right about people using different time, as I am in the UK I base mine on midnight eastern standard time in the US which is the same as PB. This is best for me as there is not usually much movement in the Asia market at this time and sets up trades for the London open.

I was hoping to be able to set the Dolly system to run from the same times so the open price would be based on the 00:00 EST as well as the pivots. I guess from what you said this is not possible to define the start time, it is based on you Broker open times????

Well never mind, but this is a great little indicator that you and others have devloped I will try to see if I can use it as it stands but any chages you make which allow time selections I would be interested in trying out.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply and let me know what you think about the difference I mentioned between the two MM line programs.

Have a good day

FX

hymns:
hi,

1) NorthFinance is GMT -5 (GMT8). There's no problem.

2) Download full package post #3.

Additional Indicator:

- Download DollyClock (search on this thread)

- b-clock_modified

3) If you download package post #3 you will get the guppy lines.

4) Refer DollyClock EURO/LONDON/TOKYO open for best trade time (GMT8 8pm-2am)

5) NO.

6) Both broker not same time.

7) No.

8) Time left before change to new candles/bars.

Hymns,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think NorthFinance is GMT+2. Look at the attachments:

1. DollyClock.jpg = Using DollyClock.mq4 that shows the localtime, London and GMT the same time, which is incorrect. I am in GMT+8. It also shows that NorthFinance GMT-6, which also incorrect.

2. RJ1_Clock.jpg = Using a modified Clock v1_2.mq4 that shows localtime, London and GMT correctly. Also correct is NorthFinance GMT+2.

Also refer to bottom right of both screens, the system clock on my computer (GMT+8).

-RJ1-

Files:
dollyclock.jpg  286 kb
rj1_clock.jpg  290 kb
Reason: