Subthread: Dolly 2nd Clone Project - page 40

EA Settings

I have noticed that using the Dolly EA that was released earlier this month that there are several trades I would have taken manually but they are NOT taken by the EA.

I am using the default settings of the EA. Has anyone found settings that work better?

stockpick:
First thing to say Hi everybody a great thread. Grat indicator and a real help with some great ideas.

I have tried to read both the dolly threads and think I have got it but there is a lot of info so I may have missed something.

If you do not mind I have a coupple of questions.

MM Lines

I use the MM lines to trade and currently use Xard777 MM-TimeFrame 2007, this is a good fit to price all on all time frames. I was looking at the Dolly settings on this against the MM shortlinesV2 and there is quite a lot of difference in them. Am I correct in thinking they are MM lines and not the Octaves so they will recalculate after the 64 period setting and if they are the lines why is there a difference with the two methods?

Pivot Points

I use VT to place my trades and use the pivots on the price chart set to 00:00 EST for recalculation. These generaly give the same price as the P Bain calculations on his site which price generally respects. The ones with the Dolly system also seem different. Today price was bumping against R1 but it was well past on the Dolly pivots. I wonder is this due to calculation time not being at 00:00 EST or down to my time settings on my system being wrong.

Any advice would be of help.

I seem to be the same as others in having problems understanding and setting the times to suit, I must be thick, so if it is down to the time settings I am sorry to ask but can someone point me in the right direction. I am UK based and my broker time according to Clock v1_2 is 2 hours ahead of me.

I ask as the differences are a little confusing to me and I am not sure why they are like that.

Thanks for any help or advice

hi...mate!

Did you have this..?

Files:

well done

$$$ have a nice pips

don't be greedy....:)

Files:
gbpusd_6.jpg  205 kb
eurusd_7.jpg  199 kb
usdchf_4.jpg  200 kb

kaspirano:
$$$ have a nice pips

don't be greedy....:)

YEAH !!!

Files:

Thanks for reply

kaspirano:
hi...mate! Did you have this..?

Yep have got that thanks.

I did some more checking on the difference between MM as comes with the Dolly and the one I use. I am not a programmer but I think, if I undestand the code, the Dolly version uses the High High & Low Low of the period to calculate the lines.

The indicator I use works on the Highest close & the lowest close for the period.

So, if that is the case that is where the difference comes from when it calculates. Murrey uses the close to calculate.

As I said I might be wrong on this, hope CJA has time to check it out.

Thanks again

SP

Digistoch

Hi Hymns,

It's about Digistoch again. From one literature I read, it said "One important thing to underline for overbought and oversold analysis of Stochastic Oscillator is that overbought and oversold conditions are indicated from the movement of %K line"

But if I watch the DIGISTOCH, it seems that the DIGISTOCH's values use the movement of %D line. So what do you think about this? Can we use both of %K and %D line to analyse the overbought and aversold conditions?

Thanks for your ideas.

Rgds,

Pierre

fxnewbie:
YEAH !!!

i saw you you've been trading with CCI, nice bro...:) what about with Akuma BB Squeeze w/CCI

have a nice weekend.

yesican88:
Hi Hymns,

It's about Digistoch again. From one literature I read, it said "One important thing to underline for overbought and oversold analysis of Stochastic Oscillator is that overbought and oversold conditions are indicated from the movement of %K line"

But if I watch the DIGISTOCH, it seems that the DIGISTOCH's values use the movement of %D line. So what do you think about this? Can we use both of %K and %D line to analyse the overbought and aversold conditions?

Thanks for your ideas.

Rgds,

Pierre

hello pierre,

i'm write digistoch to changing color & arrow base on stochastic above,middle or below 80 & 20 level using mode_signal. if you want recode back the digistoch using main signal mode just change the sourcecode comfort with you

Reason: