Subthread: Dolly 2nd Clone Project - page 38

Dear Hymns,

Good morning !

Because of your explanations, now I have much better understanding about indicators used in Dolly.

I want to ask you some more questions, i.e :

1. DIGISTOCH. Sometimes (also often), the legend of stochastic from different time frame are contrary each other. For example, M1 indicate bullish start, M30 = bearish start, M5 = oversold, H1 = overbought, M15 = trend down, H4 = trend up, so which time frame must we follow? What kind of stochastic used in Dolly? Full, Fast or Slow stochastic?

2. MM Lines. I look at your screen shot on your posting #3, but I can't see the MM Lines indicator. Don't you use it in your Dolly system? Why ?

3. Again about economic news. You said :"30-20 sec before news place straddle order 5 pips from current price". Did you mean, before the news (maybe 1 hour, 30 minutes, 15 minutes before), if we have a good signal from Dolly then we must ignore it and just put straddle order ? How about if we've already had an open position before the news, must we immediately close it even in loss?

Hope to hear from you again. Thank you very much!

Rgds,

Pierre

RJ1:
Hymns,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think NorthFinance is GMT+2. Look at the attachments:

1. DollyClock.jpg = Using DollyClock.mq4 that shows the localtime, London and GMT the same time, which is incorrect. I am in GMT+8. It also shows that NorthFinance GMT-6, which also incorrect.

2. RJ1_Clock.jpg = Using a modified Clock v1_2.mq4 that shows localtime, London and GMT correctly. Also correct is NorthFinance GMT+2.

Also refer to bottom right of both screens, the system clock on my computer (GMT+8).

-RJ1-

HI RJ1,

Can you kindly atttached the Clock v1_2.mq4 that you are using in your template. I'm in GMT+8 and using NF as well. Thanks.

RJ1:
Hymns,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think NorthFinance is GMT+2. Look at the attachments:

1. DollyClock.jpg = Using DollyClock.mq4 that shows the localtime, London and GMT the same time, which is incorrect. I am in GMT+8. It also shows that NorthFinance GMT-6, which also incorrect.

2. RJ1_Clock.jpg = Using a modified Clock v1_2.mq4 that shows localtime, London and GMT correctly. Also correct is NorthFinance GMT+2.

Also refer to bottom right of both screens, the system clock on my computer (GMT+8).

-RJ1-

RJ1, betul la NF tu GMT+2. Cuma kadang ada yg bebal tak paham2. So kalau kat screen tulis -5 tolak 5 jam dari masa kita (KL). ok?

yesican88:
Dear Hymns,

Good morning !

Because of your explanations, now I have much better understanding about indicators used in Dolly.

I want to ask you some more questions, i.e :

1. DIGISTOCH. Sometimes (also often), the legend of stochastic from different time frame are contrary each other. For example, M1 indicate bullish start, M30 = bearish start, M5 = oversold, H1 = overbought, M15 = trend down, H4 = trend up, so which time frame must we follow? What kind of stochastic used in Dolly? Full, Fast or Slow stochastic?

2. MM Lines. I look at your screen shot on your posting #3, but I can't see the MM Lines indicator. Don't you use it in your Dolly system? Why ?

3. Again about economic news. You said :"30-20 sec before news place straddle order 5 pips from current price". Did you mean, before the news (maybe 1 hour, 30 minutes, 15 minutes before), if we have a good signal from Dolly then we must ignore it and just put straddle order ? How about if we've already had an open position before the news, must we immediately close it even in loss?

Hope to hear from you again. Thank you very much!

Rgds,

Pierre

Hi,

1. You should know how use the stochastic. Do research about stochashtic.

2. Did i need show all the line in my workspace?

3. If have a have good signal before news, just follow. u ask, i'm answer it. ask why? that my own trading style

hymns:
RJ1, betul la NF tu GMT+2. Cuma kadang ada yg bebal tak paham2. So kalau kat screen tulis -5 tolak 5 jam dari masa kita (KL). ok?

Haha.. Okay Hymns, sekarang baru aku paham explanation ko.. . Banjir makin teruk, rumah ko okay ke?

Edit: For those who want the modified Clock v1.2, please download the attached code. In the indicator's properties, there is a new input "myGMT". If you live in Malaysia, your timezone is GMT+8, therefore, put 8 for myGMT. If you are in NewYork, your GMT is -5, so put -5 for myGMT.

Please make sure to put the correct GMT, because the system will use your localtime and broker's time to correctly calculate other time. Sometimes, when I noticed that the time were a bit off, I refresh the chart and it came back okay.

-RJ1-

Files:
clock_v1_2.mq4  19 kb

I think I have post the clock on the first page.

Ok, maybe this is time for updating.

Could anyone attach here which update I should post on the first page?

thanks

RJ1:

Please make sure to put the correct GMT, because the system will use your localtime and broker's time to correctly calculate other time. Sometimes, when I noticed that the time were a bit off, I refresh the chart and it came back okay.

-RJ1-

RJ1, thank you!

There may be some small error in the code. I entered my correct local GMT (USA, Wyoming, -7GMT (two hours west of the New York) and clock show correct local time. (22:00)

But all other clocks are 5 hr off. For example:

- FXDD (my broker) shows -3 (should be +2)

- NY shows 05 AM (shouldbe midnight)

And yes, you were right, NF is GMT+2 same as FXDD - I have both and their time is the same.

Thank you for your time, work and sharing

Mario

P.s. For all - if you have too many indicators on the chart and you want to have Clock in the upper right corner, use these settings:

Corner = 1

topOff = 80

Hi Hymns,

I took below statements from article posted by nesalc about MM. I've searched in that thread and google but can't find it. Could you tell me please what does the 8.3201/8 line and -0.3201/8 line mean?

"1. Sell at 7/8 line, buy back at 4/8 line.

Use stop loss at 8.3201/8 line.

2. Buy at 1/8 line, sell at 4/8 line.

Use stop loss at -0.3201/8 line.

This will work the majority of the time.

These factors will increase the odds:

1. Previous move 5/8 or more.

2. Double/Triple bottom on 1/8 or 7/8 line.

3. Higher low on 1/8, lower high on 7/8"

Thank you !

Rgds,

Pierre

hymns:
great! maybe i need to make indicator for it. another good and nice idea.

nice to hear that, hope you can make the indi that can be shared here

Files:
gbpusd_4.jpg  174 kb

yesican88:
Hi Hymns,

I took below statements from article posted by nesalc about MM. I've searched in that thread and google but can't find it. Could you tell me please what does the 8.3201/8 line and -0.3201/8 line mean?

"1. Sell at 7/8 line, buy back at 4/8 line.

Use stop loss at 8.3201/8 line.

2. Buy at 1/8 line, sell at 4/8 line.

Use stop loss at -0.3201/8 line.

This will work the majority of the time.

These factors will increase the odds:

1. Previous move 5/8 or more.

2. Double/Triple bottom on 1/8 or 7/8 line.

3. Higher low on 1/8, lower high on 7/8"

Thank you !

Rgds,

Pierre

There you go...

1. Line 8/8 и 0/8 (Ultimate Support and Ultimate Resistance).

Those lines are the most strong concerning Support and resistance.

2. Line 7/8 (Weak, Place to Stop and Reverse).

This line is weak. If suddenly the price was going too fast and too far and stops around this line it means the price will reverse down very soon. If the price did not stop near this line this price will continue the movement to the line 8/8.

3. Line 1/8 (Weak, Place to Stop and Reverse).

This line is weak. If suddenly the price was going too fast and too far and stops around this line it means the price will reverse up very soon. If the price did not stop near this line this price will continue the movement down to the line 0/8.

4. Line 2/8 and 6/8 (Pivot, Reverse)

Those two lines yield the line 4/8 only to the strength to reverse the price movement.

5. Line 5/8 (Top of Trading Range)

The price is spending the about 40% of the time on the movement between the lines 5/8 and 3/8. If the price is moving near line 5/8 and stopping near the line during the 10 - 12 days so it means that it is necessary to sell in this "bonus zone" (some people are doing like this) but if the price is keeping the tendency to stay above 5/8 line, so it means that the price will be above. But if the price is droping below 5/8 line it means that the price will continue falling to the next level of resistance.

6. Line 3/8 (Bottom of Trading Range).

If the price is below this line and in uptrend it means that it will be very difficult for the price to break this level. If the price broke this line during the uptrend and staying above during the 10- 12 days it means that the price will be above this line during the 40% of its time moving between this line and 5/8 line.

7. Line 4/8 (Major Support/Resistance Line).

It is the major line concerning support and resistance. This leve is the better for the new sell or buy. It is the strong level of support of the price is above 4/8. It is the fine resistance line if the price is below this 4/8 line.

If you want discuss about MM please go to MM thread.

Reason: