Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 66

SIMBA:
Regards

Hi el cid

I don`t understand arabic,so,if you want to translate the first part of your post..;) probably you misunderstood me when I said I am from Spain,and didn`t realize that we stopped speaking arabic like 550 years ago..;)..either this or...

..If you had taken your time to read,at least the last pages of this thread,you will have the answer to your questions...I will repeat a condensed answer in order to avoid you such tremendous effort..

QUOTE :"What is the profitability of this method over the last two years? "

Over 2.7 years..+440% approx ..

QUOTE: "What is the average daily profit in pips?" I don`t care about average profit in pips per day..have you heard about standard deviation of returns.?.what I care is the rate of return in my equity,and the max dd that I have to be exposed to..do yourself the calculation..it is like 6.25 NET pips per TRADING day,per lot..so,like 137 pips NET per month..for the 32 months I am talking about

QUOTE :"What was the maximum drawdown in pips?"same story..the important thing to focus upon is the MAX%DD Peak to valley..13% nice isn`t it?..this is a safe and consistent system

QUOTE:"How many consecutive losing/winning trades?" Irrelevant if you don`t consider the average profit and average loss,first,you can look at the answer by downloading the reports,second ,the important things are the %maxdd and %max cumulative profits

QUOTE :"A system can be profitable but some systems tend to blow accounts several times ....before they go into profit.I read somebody blew their account on this system" Wow..this shows you have an agenda,but i will go back to it later..first,the only one trading this system live ,at least until i started explaining it like 3 to 4 months ago,is myself..and I haven`t blown my account on this system:)..nor would I have published it if I had ,second,as I have experienced in my trading.. and the tests confirm,it is a safe and profitable system..third.now we go back to your hidden agenda

YOUR HIDDEN AGENDA:"I read somebody blew their account on this system"

You should be spelled from this Forum for your bad will..How do you fucking dare to submit such a misleading and unsupported statement..

first: everybody can blow even the best system without proper moneymanagement..usually people acting on unsupported assumptions

second:this system is so safe that you can trade 1 lot per each 10k of account and you will not suffer more than 15% max dd..precisely we are working now at how to increase,slightly,this level of exposure to increase,a lot,cumulative profitability

third:If you had read this thread you would have seen continuous updates of attachments showing several very profitable trades and some "low losses" trades..for the past months,which is the only period somebody could have traded my system..,only a stupid gambler could have blown their account on such a profitable period..you can donload any of the variations for the system,and ALL OF THEM are extremely profitable for the past 14 months,the original one being exceptionally so..

fourth:You didn`t even took the minimum effort necessary to read the relevant posts of this thread..as shown by your questions..it shows the infamous quality of your data gathering abilities,and ,consequently of your decision making

fifth:for somebody requiring this kind of info,that was already provided in the thread,the minimum to expect was for him to provide the same in his own thread(that should be relocated to the commercial section),.and not the kind of unsupported statements that you pitifully post..you are running basically a copycat of the ACD method..for profit..and I will not post the details of what I have read about you in your own thread,about people accusing you of copying other systems,this way,out of curiosity,at least you will get the minimum of views that you are surely trying to achieve by posting your bad willed statement,and trying to produce some commotion leading to people visiting your pitiful thread ..and your notoriously announced webpage

CONCLUSION:You have shown yourself to be a bad willed individual that,in my opinion, should be either expelled from this Forum or relocated to the commercial section,and if your information gathering abilities and work ethic habits are the same in trading as you have shown in your post,you are probably an unsuccessful trader resorting to selling a lot of smoke on your website,including a copycat system to unsuspecting customers..Either this or you are so absolutely rude that you should take some finessing lessons before being allowed to post

Regards

Simba

I read many pages of your thread .....but there are limits to how time one has.I got to post where they started posting about not having a stop and somebody blowing their $500 account.And that stage I asked the questions.

I have no motive at all except I wanted to learn someting new from your thread and your strategy.So I raised a few questions.

I have read many threads which mostly are technical anylysis rehashed with some fancy names.In the end they are all the same except a few exceptional systems.They all lead to the same answer profit.

Most people like myself are not there to put your work down except thank you and hopefully learn something new from it

Regards

El cid

raj:
I believe Simba mentioned that he does not use a stop loss.

My dad demo traded for 2 months aggressively without a stop loss. He did quite well, winning more than 70 percent of the trades. He told me that stop losses simply lead to losing.

Then he opened a $500 mini account. On the second day of trading his real account, the market suddenly went 200 pips against him and wiped out his account. Luckily it was only $500 and not his retirement fund.

Simba

I got to here and I decided to ask questions ........because no stop loss did not sound right.most good systems have stops

Regards

El Cid

El Cid

el cid:
Simba

I got to here and I decided to ask questions ........because no stop loss did not sound right.most good systems have stops

Regards

El Cid

EL CID

1-If you have kept reading just a few more posts you would have seen my reply telling this guy that I do indeed use stoploss..specifically,I was teaching my system step by step,trying to instill into people,trough demotrading,what the differences are for the same aparent system,when you use or not stoplosses,when you have different tp strategies,etc..incorporating the different pieces of a system,one by one..and i specifically mentioned that i used a variation(MTF variation) of the Chandelier stops that I was going to show them very soon,once they had suffered the experience of a big loss(in demo..precisely to learn about the need to use stops )..if you read just a few more pages you will see it,and if you read the latest pages of the thread you can check that we always use the chandelier stops in all the tests realized with Malcik Ea (and popok,frantacech additions..though these not yet posted )

2-QUOTE :"My dad demo traded for 2 months aggressively without a stop loss. He did quite well, winning more than 70 percent of the trades. He told me that stop losses simply lead to losing."

His dad was not demo trading the simbasystem,first because it was not already fully disclosed at the time of his post and second because simbasystem uses stoplosses..he was probably referring to a general previous experience of his father..that had to learn the hard knocks lesson about using or not stops

3-I can understand your concern for newbies when you think that some guy nicknamed Simba is preaching the use of non stop loss strategies,I share this concern with you..but you should,at least,had done the effort to check the facts about the system before posting such words

Thanks for your clarification

Regards

Simba

Malcik

Malcik:
Hi frantacech,

diky za optimalizaci.

This ATR-determined TP looks promising. I'm afraid to get the system much too complicated... but it's true that ATR is a very "clean" and sensible indicator that could be very useful for determining the TP. What does Simba and others think about it?..Possibly..according to my non atr tests a tp strategy 200 to 400 pips is very consistent..and probably related to the actual volatility at the moment of the trade..so,if we could find the relationship we will improve the resultsAnd what about the W%R levels? I think we should leave them as are to avoid overoptimizing the system...I would leave them for testing the latest in combination withWPR periods,but i think a test is necessary..and thanks to Frantacech for including the modification..;)Last thing - what about the Chandelier distances? The boundaries some people (including me, although still not done yet) seem to be arriving at slightly different setting - minimum between 10-20 (not 35). Maximum looks to be agreed on...when we have the results..obviously all of us are interested in choosing the best settings

I suggest, as far as managing our work, to first settle these three issues and then move on to money management, unless you guys have new ideas

..In my opinion the most important issue is distance from chandelier,second above/below satl..when we have a range of optimals/suboptimals..if different from what we already found,we should test within the combinatory space for a TP strategy..then,you are not going to like it.we should redo the tests..starting by the tp strategy..then the other2,and then redo them again,starting by the below/above satl..if any of you knows how ,or is confident that we can do avoid the second and third test by using the genetic optimizer,please inform..then,once this is settled we should test,by genetic optimizer the wpr period/levels combination for the best strategies found in the other settings..and then..we should start with money management

Hi malcik,please see my comments above ,and thanks to you,popok,frantaceck,pilofe and pupsik(probably i left somebody out..sorry in advance ) for the time you are contributing to this common project

Regards

Simba

SIMBA:
..In my opinion the most important issue is distance from chandelier,second above/below satl..when we have a range of optimals/suboptimals..if different from what we already found,we should test within the combinatory space for a TP strategy..then,you are not going to like it.we should redo the tests..starting by the tp strategy..then the other2,and then redo them again,starting by the below/above satl..if any of you knows how ,or is confident that we can do avoid the second and third test by using the genetic optimizer,please inform..then,once this is settled we should test,by genetic optimizer the wpr period/levels combination for the best strategies found in the other settings..and then..we should start with money management

Hi malcik,please see my comments above ,and thanks to you,popok,frantaceck,pilofe and pupsik(probably i left somebody out..sorry in advance ) for the time you are contributing to this common project

Regards

Simba

OK, looks like we still have a lot of work ahead of us... at least I don't have to rush choosing my broker and doing the paperwork to open my account which is something I'm really not looking forward to

But yet I'd like to get us moving forward again. Simba, you should be the coordinator of our work. Please tell us where to start and I'll do the backtest. Whoever joins me and redoes it will make it more trustworthy. If we all agree, we'll move to next step.

My opinion: I guess that the distance issue is preliminarily settled (I'll finish my tests tomorrow) and so is the above/below SATL. I would suggest testing for TP (both fixed and ATR-determined) and when we have the zones, return back to Chandelier distance and above/below SATL and smoothen our settings.

Malcik:
Hi popok and franta,

Thanks for your updates. I made another one - there were some errors regarding the SL and TP computations due to spread that I talked about in my recent post; I corrected it.

Simba, therefore, the answer is yes Please do a couple of visual checks - at my computer it's like that but please check it for yourself just to make sure.

atr_for_tp=true; this is not good!!!

This popped lowers profit. I thinkthat the than take wretched 30pips, is better run together profit along. When the nothing else so used ATR TP only for BE or BE+1, or best Be+x and put trail TS 70pips. By hand show on Vegas4h and if am in righted direction, try keep in market what longest.

or ..if take atr tp, keep profit..1/3 position , modify SL to BE, if pure simba exit ...close next 1/3 position and last 1/3 trail

Run together profit !

Frantacech

frantacech:
atr_for_tp=true; this is not good!!!

This popped lowers profit. I thinkthat the than take wretched 30pips, is better run together profit along. When the nothing else so used ATR TP only for BE or BE+1, or best Be+x and put trail TS 70pips. By hand show on Vegas4h and if am in righted direction, try keep in market what longest.

or ..if take atr tp, keep profit..1/3 position , modify SL to BE, if pure simba exit ...close next 1/3 position and last 1/3 trail

Run together profit !

Hi,

I agree with you that the best option will probably not be in the low pips area..trailing stop we already have..the chandelier is a trailing stop..and the best option is not to let it ride(200 to 400 area is much better,this case 355,other kvs for chand same results area for tp,with tp300 approx the optimal),probably because exhaustion moves followed by quick reversals wipe a lot of the open profits..so either we execute the exit(s) in the 250/350 area or ,once we arrive at this area,we switch either to a lower tf chandelier

or to a lower kv settings for the 1h..

In addition,the atr is set at what and with what divider..if you take a look at most trades they were running for 2+ days so,I would start with atr 5(daily average for 1 trading week) and try dividers of 1,0.7,0.5,0.3,..etc..we will probably reach the conclusion that the lower the atr5 the lower the divider (the higher the multiplier )and viceversa..explosive moves come after low volatility periods..

Thanks a lot for your posts

Regards

Simba

Thank you Simba for your post ( very informative )

SIMBA:
Hi Malcik,

The real trick,for brokers,in Forex ,is the carry trade(the swap),when you are running a position carry trade positive(long usdjpy) they accrue you usd libor less xand they charge you jpy libor+y

and they pay you the net difference..when you run carry trade negative they accrue you jpylibor +x and they chargeusd libor less y..

Hi Malcik & Franta,

Thank you for the code & discussion,

Original code is :

===============

if(SATL>SATL_Prev &&

(Close[0]>=SATL || !UseSATLFilter)

===============

In my opinion the variable UseSATLFilter will not have any effect at all, because

- if UseSATLFilter = true,

then it will evaluate (Close[0]>=SATL || !UseSATLFilter) as (Close[0]>=SATL || !true) or (Close[0]>=SATL || false)

So, it still will choose Close[0]>=SATL

- if UseSATLFilter = false,

then it will evaluate (Close[0]>=SATL || !UseSATLFilter) as (Close[0]>=SATL || !false) or (Close[0]>=SATL || true)

and again it will choose Close[0]>=SATL

So, the result of setting UseSATLFilter to true or false, will have no effect in the code, so I move it out,

or maybe You want it to be written this way :

if(SATL>SATL_Prev &&

(Close[0]>=SATL && UseSATLFilter)

So, instead of using ||!UseSATLFilter, We can change to && UseSATLFilter

Best Regards,

Popok

Malcik:
Hi popok,

.. deleted ..

Why did you comment out the !UseSATLFilter? This way it would be impossible to turn this filter off.

if(SATL>SATL_Prev &&

(Close[0]>=SATL) // || !UseSATLFilter)

&& Chandelier_Up!=EMPTY_VALUE

&& Chandelier_Dn==EMPTY_VALUE

&& Close[0]>=Chandelier_Up+ChandDist_Min*Point

&& Close[0]<=Chandelier_Up+ChandDist_Max*Point

&& WPR<=wpr_bottom_limit

)

SIMBA:
Hi,

I agree with you that the best option will probably not be in the low pips area..trailing stop we already have..the chandelier is a trailing stop..and the best option is not to let it ride(200 to 400 area is much better,this case 355,other kvs for chand same results area for tp,with tp300 approx the optimal),probably because exhaustion moves followed by quick reversals wipe a lot of the open profits..so either we execute the exit(s) in the 250/350 area or ,once we arrive at this area,we switch either to a lower tf chandelier

or to a lower kv settings for the 1h..

In addition,the atr is set at what and with what divider..if you take a look at most trades they were running for 2+ days so,I would start with atr 5(daily average for 1 trading week) and try dividers of 1,0.7,0.5,0.3,..etc..we will probably reach the conclusion that the lower the atr5 the lower the divider (the higher the multiplier )and viceversa..explosive moves come after low volatility periods..

Thanks a lot for your posts

Regards

Simba

Simba,

See backtest. Finished am couple of thing, breakeven, ini SL. But am dissatisfied with MM.

v1.2.e

======

-- Includes 6 different types of trailing stops

Code from IgorAD, KimIV and MrPip modified to be functions

-- Added pSAR trailing stop

-- Added MarginCutOff

todo -- trading hour

*/

Reason: