Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 62

pupsik:
Great job,Malcik! Thank you!

With WPR optimization I am getting close to Simba's 44 000$ with my data stream.

So far I could get 37335.68 $ in 2,5 years wth this setting:

WPR_Period=78 MA_Type=1 JMA_HMA_Period=13 JMA_Phase=0 ChandDist_Min=9 ChandDist_Max=180 TPPips=330 MaximumRisk=0

Still I do optimization, will post later on best result.

Best regards!

Hmm, but 2.5years, very long time...

Frantacech

frantacech:
Hmm, but 2.5years, very long time...

Hi Frantacech,

Interesting comment you did..

1-Initial equity 10k

2-net profit in 2.5 years..44k..slightly more than 90% yearly return,compounded...

3-absolute drawdown 0.3k

4-Max %drawdown..13%

Options:

A-you were joking...fine

b-You didn`t realize that initial equity was 10k..fine

c-you think that multiplying by 5.4 your account(10k+44k=54k account value) with a 90% yearly return and 13% max%dd is for sissies..ok,then you trade the same strategy with 5 lots..you will have a max %dd of 60%..but at the end of the period you will have earned 220k..and a lot of wild rides..those reading,try it on tester..it will work(on tester..;) )

d-You are actually trading something with better returns at the same level of risk,or know potential tested ways to improve the reward/risk of actual Ea..please teach us..;)

e-other options of which we are not aware..please be so kind to explain..

Regards

Simba

SIMBA:
Hi Frantacech,

Interesting comment you did..

1-Initial equity 10k

2-net profit in 2.5 years..44k..slightly more than 90% yearly return,compounded...

3-absolute drawdown 0.3k

4-Max %drawdown..13%

Options:

A-you were joking...fine

b-You didn`t realize that initial equity was 10k..fine

c-you think that multiplying by 5.4 your account(10k+44k=54k account value) with a 90% yearly return and 13% max%dd is for sissies..ok,then you trade the same strategy with 5 lots..you will have a max %dd of 60%..but at the end of the period you will have earned 220k..and a lot of wild rides..those reading,try it on tester..it will work(on tester..;) )

d-You are actually trading something with better returns at the same level of risk,or know potential tested ways to improve the reward/risk of actual Ea..please teach us..;)

e-other options of which we are not aware..please be so kind to explain..

Regards

Simba

Sorry for my comment, but I dont belive result from Strategy tester MQ4.

I have very direferent result forward and backtest any EAs.

For example.. Goblin.. backtest - disaster, ff in one month double deposit.

What working now, will be working in future 2,5 years? I dont know.

My friend with manual trading with deposit 4500chf make account to 135000. In three week. Gambler, but success for now. Only with price chart and Zerolagstoch at M15 TF. God baby.

Well

simbaSystemM1v1.2

Hi Simba,

Firstly, I want to say thank you to Simba for sharing this excellent strategy.

I just found this thread a couple days ago & reading the whole thread in fast mode .. hehehe

& bought the book "profit magic" & still reading it slowly.

I dont know if this code already corrected or not, but anyway :

I found in the code :

LastBuyPrice=Bid;

I think it should be :

LastBuyPrice=Ask;

Popok

frantacech

frantacech:
Sorry for my comment, but I dont belive result from Strategy tester MQ4.

I have very direferent result forward and backtest any EAs.

For example.. Goblin.. backtest - disaster, ff in one month double deposit.

What working now, will be working in future 2,5 years? I dont know.

My friend with manual trading with deposit 4500chf make account to 135000. In three week. Gambler, but success for now. Only with price chart and Zerolagstoch at M15 TF. God baby.

Well

Hi frantacech,

Nothing to be sorry about..I was not offended,I didn`t understood the meanings of your comments..now I understand and allow me at the end of this post to give you some humble "implicit" advice in the form of a story..but first..

You don`t believe results of strategy tester..neither I ,but they are the best next thing,If it works in backtest it can work or not in real trading..but if it doesn`t work in backtest,you better throw it away..in addition we have learnt a lot about a system I trade live,just by a pair of weeks of testing..

Goblin example...I think that this EA was created by bluto and he is an exceptional programmer,and an even better person..so,the only thing I can say is:if the backtest was not done for at least 2 years I do not consider it a valid backtest..if it was done for +2 years,then 1 month double the account is not relevant..let`s wait for 2 years and compare apples with apples..

Your friend...Most people will use their common sense to say that this is not a relevant example..it is exceptional in both profitability and shortness of time,so nothing you can realistically expect to replicate..I will take another venue..

Let me explain an interesting thing,I started trading in 1992,in that era,in Spain,if you wanted to trade you had 2 options,1-buy complicated ,expensive equipment (most fashionable came with satellite connection) to trade from your office..or go to some broker (fortunately the broker was very serious)to trade in the customer`s room(if you have read "reminiscences of a stock operator" ....you will imagine the ambience ) where we had 3 bloomberg screens for Futures traders,separated from the screens used by stock traders in the spanish stock exchange..in front of "our" screens sat everyday from 5 to 10 "daytraders",obviously we shared the 3 screens..and the 2 phones to execute the trades...

After the first year there were still around 7 traders of which only 2 were the same that when I started(I would say average life span was 4 months and i saw like 20,25 different people there)),your humble Simba and "my friend"..the only reason I was still there being that i was short the pound (and had the balls to ride the move) when George Soros decided it was a good sell too..he probably had insider info on my trade ..

The reason why "my friend" was there is that he converted a 50k$ account into 1.7 MILLION $ in 7 months..I was there I saw him do it,he traded 2 to 3 times a week,opening new positions or adding to already favourable positions that he then kept for 2 weeks to 3months,during that period I would say I never saw him lose a single trade,and,before somebody asks,I didn`t followed him...

Well..one day..he mentioned to me that with the money he had plus bank funding he was thinking about creating a Fund,with about 100mm bucks in it,etc,etc("delirios de grandeza "we say in spanish)...in 4 months he was back to below 100k$-he had the good sense to stop when his account was at around 70k$-he took the money,went to India to meditate,yes it is true..he went to India to "repair" his defectuous tool..his brain,and the astonishing thing is that around 6 months later,he reappeared,opened another account with 50k..and you know what..in 6/7 months he was back to 1.7mm bucks..and you know what..5/6 months later he was back at 70k(I told him he must have some kind of freudian fixation with 7..probably not his lucky number)

My friend was a genius trader with a psychological issue that severely limited his performance..Your friend can be either a genius or a lucky trader..only the passing of time will tell

To be successful in trading you need 3 things:

1-The basis: An edge,a profitable system,be it a 30% winning system with 8 to 1 avg win vs avg loss ratio..or a 80% system with 1 to 1 ratio,etc.with max 20% peak to valley drawdown..

2-The Multiplier:And I will prove it to you now..just look at the attachment,it is the same system that made 44k(13%maxdd) in the tests..now it makes 470k(38%maxdd)..what is the ONLY difference? what is the Multiplier? Money management..my friends

3-The Survivor:The most important issue in tradind is survival,believe me that ,just after my first year of trading,I felt like a 1000 years old vampire having seen how all the "departed ones" had exposed themselves unnecessarily-and happily- to the sun..The Survivor is you,your psychological issues..you have within yourself the capability to be a genius..and to destroy your account much faster than you can grow it.

Please see the attachment.and Hope this has helped somebody..;)

PS:Today is a typical "vampire killing day"..NFP..put on your solar protection ..take care..The Van Helsings of the world are there trying to trick you into the sun..

Regards

Simba

Files:
crazyride.htm  405 kb
crazyride.gif  7 kb

hi, simba

according your EA test , if there is some new SIMBA system buy and sell rule changed or updated?

SIMBA:
Hi frantacech,

Nothing to be sorry about..I was not offended,I didn`t understood the meanings of your comments..now I understand and allow me at the end of this post to give you some humble "implicit" advice in the form of a story..but first..

You don`t believe results of strategy tester..neither I ,but they are the best next thing,If it works in backtest it can work or not in real trading..but if it doesn`t work in backtest,you better throw it away..in addition we have learnt a lot about a system I trade live,just by a pair of weeks of testing..

Goblin example...I think that this EA was created by bluto and he is an exceptional programmer,and an even better person..so,the only thing I can say is:if the backtest was not done for at least 2 years I do not consider it a valid backtest..if it was done for +2 years,then 1 month double the account is not relevant..let`s wait for 2 years and compare apples with apples..

Your friend...Most people will use their common sense to say that this is not a relevant example..it is exceptional in both profitability and shortness of time,so nothing you can realistically expect to replicate..I will take another venue..

Let me explain an interesting thing,I started trading in 1992,in that era,in Spain,if you wanted to trade you had 2 options,1-buy complicated ,expensive equipment (most fashionable came with satellite connection) to trade from your office..or go to some broker (fortunately the broker was very serious)to trade in the customer`s room(if you have read "reminiscences of a stock operator" ....you will imagine the ambience ) where we had 3 bloomberg screens for Futures traders,separated from the screens used by stock traders in the spanish stock exchange..in front of "our" screens sat everyday from 5 to 10 "daytraders",obviously we shared the 3 screens..and the 2 phones to execute the trades...

After the first year there were still around 7 traders of which only 2 were the same that when I started(I would say average life span was 4 months and i saw like 20,25 different people there)),your humble Simba and "my friend"..the only reason I was still there being that i was short the pound (and had the balls to ride the move) when George Soros decided it was a good sell too..he probably had insider info on my trade ..

The reason why "my friend" was there is that he converted a 50k$ account into 1.7 MILLION $ in 7 months..I was there I saw him do it,he traded 2 to 3 times a week,opening new positions or adding to already favourable positions that he then kept for 2 weeks to 3months,during that period I would say I never saw him lose a single trade,and,before somebody asks,I didn`t followed him...

Well..one day..he mentioned to me that with the money he had plus bank funding he was thinking about creating a Fund,with about 100mm bucks in it,etc,etc("delirios de grandeza "we say in spanish)...in 4 months he was back to below 100k$-he had the good sense to stop when his account was at around 70k$-he took the money,went to India to meditate,yes it is true..he went to India to "repair" his defectuous tool..his brain,and the astonishing thing is that around 6 months later,he reappeared,opened another account with 50k..and you know what..in 6/7 months he was back to 1.7mm bucks..and you know what..5/6 months later he was back at 70k(I told him he must have some kind of freudian fixation with 7..probably not his lucky number)

My friend was a genius trader with a psychological issue that severely limited his performance..Your friend can be either a genius or a lucky trader..only the passing of time will tell

To be successful in trading you need 3 things:

1-The basis: An edge,a profitable system,be it a 30% winning system with 8 to 1 avg win vs avg loss ratio..or a 80% system with 1 to 1 ratio,etc.with max 20% peak to valley drawdown..

2-The Multiplier:And I will prove it to you now..just look at the attachment,it is the same system that made 44k(13%maxdd) in the tests..now it makes 470k(38%maxdd)..what is the ONLY difference? what is the Multiplier? Money management..my friends

3-The Survivor:The most important issue in tradind is survival,believe me that ,just after my first year of trading,I felt like a 1000 years old vampire having seen how all the "departed ones" had exposed themselves unnecessarily-and happily- to the sun..The Survivor is you,your psychological issues..you have within yourself the capability to be a genius..and to destroy your account much faster than you can grow it.

Please see the attachment.and Hope this has helped somebody..;)

PS:Today is a typical "vampire killing day"..NFP..put on your solar protection ..take care..The Van Helsings of the world are there trying to trick you into the sun..

Regards

Simba

Simba,

Thank you for your splendid commentary, again am something learned.

Regards FC

Heaven2002

heaven2002:
hi, simba according your EA test , if there is some new SIMBA system buy and sell rule changed or updated?

Hi Heaven ,

Tests not finalized,so,no final changes for the moment...only some potentials..

From preliminary results for cable,TP between 200 and 400 pips is best,do not take the entry signal if distance from chandelier is less than 35 pips or more than 105,adding positions is ok every new signal,entering long below "blue" satl 4h is wrong,entering short above "red" satl 4h is wrong..money management,for the moment , 1 lot per 10K$ in account is ok..

Regards

Simba

Frantacech

frantacech:
Simba,

Thank you for your splendid commentary, again am something learned.

Regards FC

Hi Frantacech

Thanks to you for helping with your posts,we need different opinions,different views..please keep posting,if you think something can be improved,say it..no problem..the market will be tougher on us ..so,we need to check all our assumptions..;)

Thanks again and Regards

Simba

SIMBA:
Hi Frantacech

Thanks to you for helping with your posts,we need different opinions,different views..please keep posting,if you think something can be improved,say it..no problem..the market will be tougher on us ..so,we need to check all our assumptions..;)

Thanks again and Regards

Simba

Guys, I still find any good EA for pyramiding to direct trend.

Both any martingale, fibogale etc, pyramiding loss and i want pyramiding profit.

Look this

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=11566

Your opinion?

Maybe small tuning - booster, options if enable, ea add 1-3 penging order direct trend and step any 15pips? If execute second, first SL to BE, second SL to -15, still risk only one order?

Reason: