Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 68

Popok

popok_sakti:
Hi Simba,

Thank you for your post,

Sorry for the stupid question, what does kv stand for ?

Best Regards,

Popok

Hi Popok,

No question is stupid,as we say in spanish "mejor parecer tonto una vez que serlo para siempre "(it is better to seemignorant once than staying ignorant forever),I have learnt a lot,by asking seemingly "stupid" questions..and I have never learnt anything by avoiding questioning something I didn`t understood..

Kv stands ,conceptually for the "potential strength" of the volatility you use,

imagine bollinger bands with 1 std,with 2 std,with 3std..farther away as you increase the std..chandelier uses an averageof the trading range,but what about standard deviationof the trading range ?

So,basically the higher the kv the higher room you are allowing for the trade to develop in your favour until the volatility contracts.. and the wider will be (usually)the chandelier distance from your price..

My feeling,from testing, is that the 250/350 area will be our tp zone,whatever "pure" combination(1 lot ,no mm..yet) we use, and also that the 100/150 area,from actual trading, has a potential for being a contender..and by testing i can prove/disprove it..and learn from it

Hope it helped

Regards

Simba

Frantacech

frantacech:
Agree, yes. Now step by step need testing. Backtest and forward.

Simbo,

all of us thank you, behind your, time, effort also know how. Only has weak English me stunting express unfeigned sensation gratitude and trustthat the are me give to.

Once more thank you

Hi Frantacech,

I know it and I appreciate it..Thanks to you

Regards

Simba

Hello

Hi friends,

Sorry my absence.

My computer stopped and had that format the HD and reinstall everything again.

Very good for knowing that new collaborators exist (frantacech and popok_sakti).

How we will go to carry through the tests? Somebody has idea of as to divide the tasks?

Thanks...

Angelo

popok_sakti:
Hi Malcik

Thank you for pointing out the conditions,

I like to ask the following question :

- When we place buy or sell order, I see in the code You're using pass chandelier value ( 1 bar ago - time frame : h1 ), should it be the current bar ?

- The same for modifying an order, it seems the EA using value from 1 bar ago

On the other hand for closing, I think its ok because Simba want after the Chandelier confirmed.

Thanks alot,

Popok

Popok,

Yes, you're absolutely right. The problem here is that the position and color of H1 Chandelier is settled as late as at top of the hour, i.e. when the current H1 bar closes (no more changes of its OHLC) and a new one is created. During the hour the bar keeps changing, therefore possibly changing Chandelier. Plus, the color of it depends on whether it's broken only temporarily or whether it stays broken till the top of the hour. That's the reason we use Chandelier for one H1 bar ago because that's the latest Chandelier that is final. Same thing applies to H4 SATL and, as far as what I've observed, for basically any indicator on its timeframe.

I go back to version E with ATR and with divider 1 maybe good.

Malcik, please, make back ATR options, with divider extern double. Well see.

frantacech:
I go back to version E with ATR and with divider 1 maybe good. Malcik, please, make back ATR options, with divider extern double. Well see.

Here you go. Now the EA can do about anything - test trend MAs, test W%R settings, use Chandelier touched/broken, manage reentries, watch the positions of SATL and Chandelier, manage TP according to volatility, trail stops on different rules in more ways than I ever knew and much more. I would consider it a 1.3 version.

Caution: I haven't tested any of the features that were added by someone else. I tested the basic version plus anything I added... but I haven't tested, for example, the trailing stops, ATR etc. I hereby ask every contributor to test his own feature if it works well since he's the one most familiar with that part of the source code.

Now, let's get busy testing! We are trying to make it as traders, not full time programmers

Files:

Frantacech,malcik,pilofe

Hi All,

Pilofe:OK..How many of you want to help?..you,Malcik,Popok,Frantacech ,Pupsik?..and me..are the potentials..Please everybody confirm yes or not,no problem,everybody has different schedules and professional workloads..

Malcik: Ok add ATR again,and thanks for understanding my point..;)

Orders..I am nobody to give orders,I can give,and receive ,suggestions,like everybody else..though I understand your meaning and appreciate your intention...

Optimization/testing problems..optimization is slow also for me,I can only suggest that when just testing(not optimizing) don`t leave any "checked" " box..probably you already knew it ..but it helped me a lot

Frantacech:Thanks for your comments and your tests..your feelings are coincident with mine ..though I feel that a divider of 1,0.9...,0.2 is the range to find the tp strategy..;)

I suggest that everybody confirms his availability for testing the different variables AND that everybody posts his best tested results-just the summary-for: chand distance,above below satl and tp...then we can proceed with first,finding a common ground then second with contributing suggestions for next steps..and doing them..I confirm my availabilty as of now and will post a summary of my best tested results and my opinion on Monday european morning(still testing now ),pending cable`s opinion

Regards

Simba

Reason: