Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 57

Hi all,

Here is the EA.

You can now set the TP,

distances from Chandelier,

and (as requested by Simba) I left the option to choose your MA.

I removed all the around-news trade management -- I think it has no place in backtest.

I added the option to choose whether or not you want to take long/short trades with price below/above MA.

I added the option to choose whether or not you want to allow for reentries.

Please be aware that the price above/below MA is being watched only when entering a trade -- after that, the position is only closed by stopping out at Chandelier or by reaching TP level or by SATL changing its color. Also be aware that you basically can't set your SL level, it's all at Chandelier.

If you want, I can keep adding additional features like Chandelier settings, other MAs etc.

Files:

Hi everybody!

Hello, guy's!

I am watching this thread closly and find, that SimbaSystem working. I did just papertrading, result is good.

Because you doing some tests, that are consistenly profitable, I start to fill desire to participate in testing.

My broker is FiboGroup.I have data for GBP/USD for 7 years.I can backtest Malcik EA, just tell me, what kind of setup should I make.

Cheers.

pupsik:
Hello, guy's!

I am watching this thread closly and find, that SimbaSystem working. I did just papertrading, result is good.

Because you doing some tests, that are consistenly profitable, I start to fill desire to participate in testing.

My broker is FiboGroup.I have data for GBP/USD for 7 years.I can backtest Malcik EA, just tell me, what kind of setup should I make.

Cheers.

Hi pupsik,

Thanks for joining our team. 7 years data history sure will be useful.

But first make sure you (1) read this whole thread through, if you haven't done so already. It is essential that you be familiar with all the rules and why they are employed. It's 550+ posts on 57 pages, it could take up a whole day, maybe two. But it is necessary and can prevent many unnecessary errors, misunderstandings, and delays. So please do it, it's worth it (2) get 90% modeling quality -- just take any EA, run it in Strategy Tester with the option "Every tick" selected. Then check the results summary for modeling quality percentage. We need no less than 90%.

And (3) do the tests that Simba and pilofe did last week (last couple of pages) with EXACTLY same EA (check the code posted by Simba) and EXACTLY same settings. Then post your results so that we can compare them to those by Simba and pilofe.

Also (4) please tell us from what broker the 7 years history is.

When you're done with this (shouldn't take long), we will continue testing as per Simba's propositions (this time with all of us using the latest 1.1 version of the EA). By then I should be ready to start testing too so that we can split the work among more people.

Thanks again and have a nice one

Malcik+New Test

Hi All,

Malcik,thanks a lot for your new EA,it seems to work perfectly..

I have done a pair of tests with it,i attach here the results of what i have found so far... i don`t think i will be able to test anything new,but sporadically,until the week end,so ,i wanted to post these latest test results..very interesting

GBPUSD 5M

PF:2.11

TOTAL PROFIT 44K(in 2.7 years for a 10k account)

%MAXDD:13%

%PROFITABLE TRADES :36%

SATL4H,CHAND1H,SATL FILTER:TRUE,ALLOW REENTRIES:TRUE,TP:355PIPS,CHAND DISTANCE 35/100

Please be so kind to see attachment,and,if possible ,to replicate/disprove the test,with exactly the same settings..

Regards

Simba

Files:

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my 90% modeling quality all day long with no success. I followed Hendrick's PDF manual exactly step by step, I even reinstalled MT4 and kept restarting it after each important step... I never let it connect (except for updates right after installation), I deleted the account... I did everything and it all becomes unsuccessful the moment I try to convert my 2.7 years' M1 data to M5.

Immediately after running the script the message "xyz bars written" comes up -- the problem is that the xyz is a number like 16000 which corresponds to going back to about December 2006, not June 2004 (that would be about 10 times more bars). When I leave it running for longer time as you guys proposed (although the summary message comes INSTANTLY), it just keeps running (I can hear the fan of CPU running all the time) but the result is same.

Please help me

Replication of test

Hello!

I replicate test for last Malcik EA and get diffrent(from Simba's) result.

I use Fibogroup server, but history data from Metastock,when I downloaded,there was notification about that.

Hope, that my test not correct one, because not big profit

Trying to rich Simba result

Hello,again!

Was playing with last Malcik EA, could not get 90%, but find out best setting for my datastream.This one:

MA_Type=1; JMA_HMA_Period=13; JMA_Phase=0; UseSATLFilter=true; AllowReentries=true; TPPips=330; ChandDist_Min=10; ChandDist_Max=140;

Could get 30543.62$ for 2,5 years. I wil shake tester for 90%, but

now have some peace of mind about profitableness of System .

Cheers

Files:
malcikea.htm  617 kb
malcikea.gif  7 kb

Question

By the way,some question arises in my mind(occasionaly its happen in my head).

Why we put for TP in Malcik EA value 355? To be close to real trading we have to put 50 or 70 or 90. Could you be so kind to explain briefly,otherwise my head will feel very uncomfortable, because ideas not so often coming there

Cheers

SIMBA:
Hi All,

Malcik,thanks a lot for your new EA,it seems to work perfectly..

I have done a pair of tests with it,i attach here the results of what i have found so far... i don`t think i will be able to test anything new,but sporadically,until the week end,so ,i wanted to post these latest test results..very interesting

GBPUSD 5M

PF:2.11

TOTAL PROFIT 44K(in 2.7 years for a 10k account)

%MAXDD:13%

%PROFITABLE TRADES :36%

SATL4H,CHAND1H,SATL FILTER:TRUE,ALLOW REENTRIES:TRUE,TP:355PIPS,CHAND DISTANCE 35/100

Please be so kind to see attachment,and,if possible ,to replicate/disprove the test,with exactly the same settings..

Regards

Simba

Hi all,

My tests had replicated Simba.

Parameters:

Thanks...

Angelo

pilofe:
Hi all,

My tests had replicated Simba.

Parameters:

Thanks...

Angelo

Hi Pilofe,

Thanks for your further replications. There are some minor differences that are small enough to leave us calm and are most likely caused by different data from different brokers. Therefore we can now be glad to be able to start testing full-time.

A couple of days ago, Simba wrote about finding "zones" in Chandelier and TP settings. We need to replicate this too -- we know that the setting found by Simba's Strategy Tester has been replicated BUT the process of finding this setting (i.e. if the setting is really the best one) has not been replicated.

So I wonder if you could please turn on the Optimization feature in Strategy Tester and try to find the best setting for the EA and see if you arrive at the same one as Simba did. Here's his related post:

To find the above mentioned results i tested,all possible chand distance combinations-for tp 1000- from 1/200,10/200....1/50...etc,then i tested tp strategies-for chand1/200 -from 10 to 100,in steps of 10,then from100 to 1000 in steps of 100...then i combined the best "zones" (chand 35/40 to 90/120..and tp from 200 to 400) to find ,first an optimum,and second ,if the improvement was "across the board",which is a sign of consistency, ie:if applying chand 35/110 to all tp strategies(with previous chand 1/200) improved all of them across the board(yes,it did ),or,if applying TP300,350,400 TO CHAND 35/90..40/120(with previous tp 1000) improved them across the board...(yes it did ,again )..Between 40 and 50 tests,but Ithink it was worth the time..

Unless you have like a NASA supercomputer with a rocket fast CPU, you need to first go in larger steps (e.g. by tens) and once you find such approximate "zone-like" best setting, you can that make it more accurate by going to smaller and smaller steps taken within this smaller and smaller zone you find. For more information on this issue and on optimizing generally, go to Hendrick's thread, first post (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum) where you can download a PDF manual. It is for different EA but the process of optimizing is same in nature.

Please post your conclusions, I'm excited how it turns out. Next step will be the next replication of a Simba's test, and that is W%R setting. Meanwhile, I'll keep trying to get my damn 90% quality (please help, anyone) and I'll also make a 1.2 version of the EA which will be able to test W%R settings. Then we'll wait for comments by Simba who is busy this week.

Reason: