New EA - "Predator" - page 17

Hi,

I tried to optimize and backtest this EA using 90% modelling data and I could get really good results. But there is something I don't understand!! The optimisation is used to find some of the best parameters for the EA. But if I backtest the system using the parameters returned by the optimisation process and I change the start date a bit (+10 days, -5 days, ...), all of the backtests result in a margin call!! Anybody could explain me what I'm doing wrong? I think the goal of the optimisation process is to find a good set of parameters, and then we attach the EA to a chart and let it go, right?

Cheers,

Daniel

What is the official file? Should i use the updated zip file or the first one at the beginning of the topic?

result last 14 days

very good results,set at take profits 20

see attachment

Files:

set for profit 30

This week now set for take profit 30 we will see what happens

attention mironchyk@tut.by

mironchyk@tut.by

Sorry for delay just notice the request

Yes very good results setting as attached

up 50 pips today UK up to Noon

standard setting as default except take profit 20 this week trying 30

see forum predator for the past forward results

Files:

six months live trading

hey everybody.

i read this stread up to buttom, so now i am ready to contibute my humble part. i have been trading with predator live on alpari for the past six months or so. my brother found the mql file on a private forum, and he claims that its a different version from the one out here. i've seen the code posted in this thread and didnt see any difference.

long story short:

we have trippled our balance in less than 6 months(10k to 30k), and than the acount blew up as the eur/usd rallied in september. we traded only eur/usd on 1h, defult settings exept tp=10. in some point we set maxtrades to6, and manualy closed some big losing trades. anyway, i think its a splendid ea which must be dealt with extra caution and under-leveraging.

i intend to forward test some settings which were sugested in here, and i will post my resaults if someone will be interested.

atached below are statements from march-september and the mql4 file.

good luck to you all.

new ideas about predator- please comment

new ideas- summerize:

1. predator (and all martingails) cant handle well a mistake. it just keep on telling the market he is mistaken, consuming our margin in the meanwhile.

2. most important:the system has to be given a point in which it admits loses and cut them off. even if this means less profits- the risk is enourmesly low. we can define it by equity terms- we dont accept more than certain % of drawdown. automatically. that can be done with the multi-position ea here in elite section(u can read the thread).

3. saying that, we shouldnt forget to give the system a fair chance. that is the most simple part: only fine tuning the pip steps, lot size, time frames and picking the right pairs.

it personaly works for me for the past month or so. i think i am on to something with this simple idea, but it still needs a fine-tuning, like i said.

anyone thinks i am terribly wrong?

thanks ahead for any comment.

another idea

my other idea is as follows:

the main problem, as i said before, is market breakouts which predator fails to properly dedect. so why cann't it be done to combine the breakout ea's concept alongside the predator's concept? something like when a breakout ea's pending orders are trigered, the predator must follow the direction...something like that.

again-your comments are essential. i personally made quite deal of money from predator, and i still think it could be long-term profitable if properly maitained. please dont abandon this ea.

guy_ml:
my other idea is as follows:

the main problem, as i said before, is market breakouts which predator fails to properly dedect. so why cann't it be done to combine the breakout ea's concept alongside the predator's concept? something like when a breakout ea's pending orders are trigered, the predator must follow the direction...something like that.

again-your comments are essential. i personally made quite deal of money from predator, and i still think it could be long-term profitable if properly maitained. please dont abandon this ea.

This is exactly what I have done with my EA. It is a martingale money management EA that trades market breakouts -- long volatility. It trades much less than a normal EA and it's progression historically has gone only to level 3. You can see the results in the show us your best EA thread.

what is your ea's name?

and thanks for replying

drgoodvibe:
This is exactly what I have done with my EA. It is a martingale money management EA that trades market breakouts -- long volatility. It trades much less than a normal EA and it's progression historically has gone only to level 3. You can see the results in the show us your best EA thread.
Reason: