Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 30

matrixebiz:
Ok, so with my current settings, a USD/JPY trade opened a buy trade;

114.98 SL

115.85 TP

SL is to high for me but that is the way the EA works, correct? No way to decrease the starting SL is there? or am I still missing the point on how this EA handles the SL?

Thanks

Read back through this and the 10Point3 thread. This has been throughly discussed. Think about it though....look at your Risk/Reward ratio using that stoploss setting. You're willing to lose 76 pips to make 11 pips....not very wise. Even if you win 7 out of 10 trades, you're account will be wiped out faster than you can whistle Dixie.

Ok, I'll listen to the pros Your original settings haven't changed correct? H1

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2006

EndMonth=12

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=1

Magic=10201

phorex_phreak:
bluto,

nice EA, but the problem comes when you have a shitty day on the US dollar and the majors fall by 400 or 500 pips in one fell swoop with no retracement.....its happened before and it will happen again, how do you intend on adjusting to that disaster???? also, there is someone in the elite forum with a good idea, here it is:

"With default settings, it should take an initial position based on an indicator, and if the price moves against that position by 10 pips, it takes a second position - twice as big - in the opposite direction. If the price then moves agains the second position by 10 pips it will take a third position in the opposite direction of the second one (the same direction as the first one) again at twice the size. In this way, the EA is defining a range of 10 pips and keeps making trades at the same place until the range is broken. Once the price moves out of this range by a certain amount, all trades are closed and profit is taken."

Let me know what you think.......maybe you can collaborate with him and come up with something to protect against HUGE market moves....

Yes...I saw that. That's classic true Martingale which Goblin/10Point3/Terminator isn't. Definitely a big improvement but would require a complete overhaul of the trade processor...something I'm already working on. I suppose for now we're just working within the constraints of what 10Point3 offers us until we can build something better. I think we're on to something good with this Goblin, but it's going to require the right settings and perhaps a few more mods which will then give us an EA that has a fairly well known risk/reward state.

bluto:
Yes...I saw that. That's classic true Martingale which Goblin/10Point3/Terminator isn't. Definitely a big improvement but would require a complete overhaul of the trade processor...something I'm already working on. I suppose for now we're just working within the constraints of what 10Point3 offers us until we can build something better. I think we're on to something good with this Goblin, but it's going to require the right settings and perhaps a few more mods which will then give us an EA that has a fairly well known risk/reward state.

Nice You guys are awesome. Keep up the great work. Hope we'll have a fully profitable EA we can all retire on soon

I was just doing some backtesting and I noticed something quite odd. I have account protection off, MaxTrades 10, TakeProfit at 20. However in this test, a trade is closed when only at the eigth trade? Can someone explain why this is happening.

Files:

StopLoss

matrixebiz:
Ok, so with my current settings, a USD/JPY trade opened a buy trade;

114.98 SL

115.85 TP

SL is to high for me but that is the way the EA works, correct? No way to decrease the starting SL is there? or am I still missing the point on how this EA handles the SL?

Thanks

The SL can be adjusted via the MaxTrades and the Pips progression.

Reading your figures it would appear that you have set MaxTrades5 and pips 15 (5*15=75) so if your Pips progression was set at 10 the SL would be reduced to 50(5*10=50)

If you trade with .01 units and less pairs you will not be so worried about the SL. I trade with a demo account using MaxTrades10 for testing purposes my SL doesn't worry me and to date it has not been breached. By the time I go live I will have built up months of forward testing and will be ready for the worst that this EA can bring.

John

phorex_phreak:
bluto,

nice EA, but the problem comes when you have a shitty day on the US dollar and the majors fall by 400 or 500 pips in one fell swoop with no retracement.....its happened before and it will happen again, how do you intend on adjusting to that disaster???? also, there is someone in the elite forum with a good idea, here it is:

"With default settings, it should take an initial position based on an indicator, and if the price moves against that position by 10 pips, it takes a second position - twice as big - in the opposite direction. If the price then moves agains the second position by 10 pips it will take a third position in the opposite direction of the second one (the same direction as the first one) again at twice the size. In this way, the EA is defining a range of 10 pips and keeps making trades at the same place until the range is broken. Once the price moves out of this range by a certain amount, all trades are closed and profit is taken."

Let me know what you think.......maybe you can collaborate with him and come up with something to protect against HUGE market moves....

hi, phorex

i like your idea ...

giapel

Bltuo.

Followed your instructions in the previous post. still no trades after three days...same message 2006.12.01 11:43:09 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\indicators\Turbo_JRSX.ex4' on the GBPUSD,H1.

I have removed all files with .ex4 and replaced it with mq4....however it still comes up as above...

any ideas how I can remove this: Please...

I have removed and deleted Goblin from my files .

yeoeleven:
What you describe is not the way that this EA is designed to work so in order to track down the problem we would like to see a detailed statement to see what stoploss was shown and a screen shot to see the EA version and whether the stoploss was shown on the chart.

If you are certain that your version and settings are correct I would recommend closing the EA down and the outstanding trades removing it recompiling it and starting off again.

John

Hi John,

The attached is the statement. Two EAs are running for the Account.

Four majors are using Goblin. This is a living test with IBFX. So I have modified the lot size for the EA so that it take smaller position each time (Since this account is less than 200 $).

Thanks for your help.

Scott

Files:

Great Idea !!!

tomstaufer:
Bluto, I think that I could be very interesting to compare Fibonacci vs. Martingale progressions like suggested earlier by frantacech. Could you modify Goblin to add this option ?

You documents seems really good

+ 1 for your idea to try fibonacci's money management type ! (but if course i don't know how to code it).

Reason: