Martingale EA - page 83

So the backtest does not use the sort of SL that this EA uses? Is that what this means? I use a 10 trade Maxtrade and close them all in that event...How can that be graphed? Forward test only?

ES

ralph.ronnquist:
You are in denial: that cliff comes from the tester closing off all open trade at the last price just as it finishes. It's very easy to make an EA be profitable up to that point: just don't use any SL, and make sure you have more than the cash for the old Volvo as starting balance.

I think I have got the TS fixed.

This is a quick 1 day visual back test, to see if it functioned properly.

I had Trail_Start set to $6.00.

I had TSLoss_Percent set at 14.

As you can see from the trade results, it never closed at less than a $6.00 profit. Except for the end, this was just when the tester closed. (that's why you get a drop off in profit) It made a steady profit until the end, when the time ran out to complete the last cycle.

Interesting for a 1 day test.

Files:
ts.gif  29 kb
ts_test.htm  20 kb

I am confused ...I thought that it was ME that put the inputs wrong...If I use the correct inputs isn't the TS working? Sivach's TS works...I just did not understand the inputs...

ES

wolfe:
If you're referring to the TS I'm working on it now. I think I have it figured out.

ElectricSavant:
I am confused ...I thought that it was ME that put the inputs wrong...If I use the correct inputs isn't the TS working? Sivach's TS works...I just did not understand the inputs... ES

Well, it was a little of both of us. I changed the code a little, to hopefully make sure it ALWAYS works. I hate to keep posting new versions, I know it drives everyone crazy. I'll post the changed code tonight.

I also want to address the problems with where the trades were being placed before posting the TS correction.

Thanks for all your patience ES.

I am sure I am more confused than you are!

ElectricSavant:
I am confused ...I thought that it was ME that put the inputs wrong...If I use the correct inputs isn't the TS working? Sivach's TS works...I just did not understand the inputs... ES

Read my explanation in post #825. I was also confused.... and I wrote it!

So what are you working on? All is fine I guess...I changed my inputs and if there is a problem...I will jump up and down again like a kid that had his candy taken away

ES

wolfe:
Read my explanation in post #825.

Patience! You the patient one wolfe (at least I hope you are) as these tests will run for weeks...

ES

ElectricSavant:
So what are you working on? All is fine I guess...I changed my inputs and if there is a problem...I will jump up and down again like a kid that had his candy taken away ES

Please do, it makes me fix things!

Don't worry about Ralph...he always confuses me

ES

Have you looked at 2 digit lookbacks yet?

ES

Reason: